Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2007, 10:16 AM

559 posts, read 2,115,525 times

Advertisements

Can anyone tell me about this town, where it is, what it has to offer, etc., particularly with regards to retirees?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2007, 12:27 PM

1,394 posts, read 4,170,775 times
Mason City is 10 miles east of interstate 35, it is a very nice town with a population of about 29,192. It has a very good clinic and hospital, many stores to shop at, and the town is spread out to where it looks bigger.
For myself it would be the perfect size town with a lot to offer. With of course only living about 40 miles from there, I visit down that way to do a good part of my shopping. It also has a very nice big Mall, if I can try to help you with something else please let me know. Have a good day!!!! Yorkie

Old 02-24-2007, 11:08 PM

Thank you, honey! I really appreciate your information. Sounds like a nice place to look at. :-)

Old 03-23-2007, 06:30 PM

5 posts, read 31,919 times
mason city is a place i am looking to move to in a year because they have a college i am interested in. i did some research on the internet and it sounds like a great town. plus i have a child, so i really dont want to move just anywhere, but it sounds like mason city would be a nice town to raise my son. the population is 27, 909. and if you would like to look at more information http://www.city-data.com/city/Mason-City-Iowa.html this is a great website. you should check it out. it is where i get my information at when i am researching towns.

Old 03-24-2007, 01:54 AM

How far is it from Mason City, IA, to Minneapolis? I am checking out the prices for flights, and wondered if it might be nice to fly into Minneapolis then drive to Mason City. Also we could visit the Mall of America (isn't that in Minneapolis?) if we wanted to.

YorkieMom, do you have any suggestions about where might be a good place to stay? I will be celebrating my fiftieth birthday this July while I'm there (and while I'm not on the fourth, I'm close!), and I want it to be memorable. It's the most important birthday I will ever have and the one I have looked forward to the most. I know Mason City may not be everybody's idea of perfection, but it's awfully close for to it for me. :-)

Old 03-24-2007, 12:57 PM

6,613 posts, read 16,573,741 times
Mason City is about 2.5 hours from Minneapolis. MOA and MSP are both south of the city, so relatively easy access from Mason City.

Old 03-24-2007, 08:20 PM

1,394 posts, read 4,170,775 times
I live in Albert Lea and I am about 40 miles north of Mason City, I guess as far as places to stay it depends where you want to stay and what town you are talking about.
The Mall Of America is in Mpls. it is big, so don't get lost in there. Mpls is about 90 miles north of us. Interstate 35 will get you to Mason City just head south. You never know you might run across a town between Mpls and Mason City that you like better. If I am still living in Minnesota by July when you get into this state if you have time maybe we can meet up. Let me know if you need anything else. Take care, Yorkie

Old 10-17-2012, 02:55 PM

1 posts, read 5,236 times
I reside in Mason City, Iowa having moved here 10 years ago. There are only a couple of nice places to stay, in my opinion. The Holiday Inn Express is brand new, in a nice location, has a great breakfast, pool/jacuzzi and nice fitness room with free-weights. There is a nice Ruby Tuesday's that share a parking lot. Good meals, nice bar with several TV's. This is where I send anyone who asks first. The next is The Country Inn & Suites. It is OK. Older, passable breakfast, but really not close to anything where you can walk. Then there is the Park Inn. It is downtown. It is an older building, originally built by frank lloyd wright, and now refurbished. The rooms are small, there is NO breakfast, no pool or jacuzzi (like the first two). They do have a bar down stairs, but the drinks are over priced. This hotel is in a "rough area" of town, and you have to park in the street! This is a nice city. Low crime, good schools, caring folks. Bol whatever you decide

Old 10-17-2012, 09:27 PM

2,401 posts, read 4,347,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidchipera View Post
I reside in Mason City, Iowa having moved here 10 years ago. There are only a couple of nice places to stay, in my opinion. The Holiday Inn Express is brand new, in a nice location, has a great breakfast, pool/jacuzzi and nice fitness room with free-weights. There is a nice Ruby Tuesday's that share a parking lot. Good meals, nice bar with several TV's. This is where I send anyone who asks first. The next is The Country Inn & Suites. It is OK. Older, passable breakfast, but really not close to anything where you can walk. Then there is the Park Inn. It is downtown. It is an older building, originally built by frank lloyd wright, and now refurbished. The rooms are small, there is NO breakfast, no pool or jacuzzi (like the first two). They do have a bar down stairs, but the drinks are over priced. This hotel is in a "rough area" of town, and you have to park in the street! This is a nice city. Low crime, good schools, caring folks. Bol whatever you decide
They are serving up a lot of bran muffins at The Country Inn & Suites, huh?

On a more serious note, the Park Inn is a no brainer 1st choice of places to stay in Mason City. This is a recently restored Prairie School Style Hotel that is the last remaining hotel IN THE WORLD designed by Frank Lloyd Wright. This is a one of a kind. You can't experience this anywhere else in the planet.

Old 11-10-2012, 10:12 AM

29 posts, read 44,105 times
Although this town may beb convenient and have much to offer, the crime rate is really rising throughout the town. They have been having many murders ect in public places at that. I guess like anywhere else, it depends on which area in mason you move to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa