Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 09:54 AM

84 posts, read 295,610 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercruiserdr View Post
Obviously our plan to keep the riff raff away is working quite well down here in Beautiful Southern Iowa.

You northern snobs just stay up their with your pervs and illegals and your crime , we'll just stay down here a pickin an grinnin and everyone will be happy.
I'm a snob? Get a life I just don't like it down there. Oh and I know from experience southern Iowa has it's share of crime. Can you say drugs everywhere? Anyway. This got off topic so drop it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2009, 10:35 AM

36 posts, read 106,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago60614 View Post
I assume you mean southern Missouri for the deliverence part, right?
Yes...when you take a drive through some of the little towns outside of Branson, you may find yourself quietly praying that your car doesn't break down! My parent just bought 40 acres outside of Branson, (way out in the sticks), and I am concerned that one day I'll find that they were kidnapped by a wild herd of hobbits, or absorbed into a traveling caravan of gypsies that frequent antique roadshows.

Old 09-10-2009, 03:39 PM

36 posts, read 113,394 times
Upper Midwest owns.

Old 09-10-2009, 06:30 PM

135 posts, read 408,655 times
I park my car at work with the keys in the ignition and have done so for years , with the windows down in summer.
Never once has it been bothered.
I often will take my ragtop while shopping and leave the top down , again never has it been bothered in this area where I live.

I cannot think of any business here locally where I could go that someone wouldnt know me by name.

While shopping in Des Moines last fall my drivers door window was shattered and my car ravaged for what appears to have been my cell phone charger and two CD's and loose change.

Two friends have had their cars broken into and another had his cat converter cut off of his pickup while he and his wife shopped at valley west !

A race riot here is just that , an arguement over who won whatever car/bike/boat race that happens to be under discussion.

An auto fatality here is big news and a rare occasion , fender benders still get the front page of the local paper.

A traffic jam is more than six cows trying to eat at the same bale at one time.

I cannot recall anyone being charged with rape in the past few years or armed robbery , yep we have had about three murders in the past couple of years , one still unsolved.
Meth is a problem , enough so that one of the most horrible flicks I have ever seen was made about it right down the road from where I live.
However I can honestly say I do not personally know even one person that abuses the crap.

I feel I have the perfect solution for the drug problem however , when any idiot is caught with the stuff just make them ingest all they hold in their possesion , with no medical support of course.
If utilised that should pretty much clear up the problem pretty fast and save us all a lot of court and prison costs.

To be honest what is really the biggest problem in this area is all the damn DNR deer running around commiting suicide on the roadways.

I wish all you northerners would just stay up there in your self proclaimed heaven , it would be nice to go out on Rathbun on a weekend without all the jerks from up north acting like they own the whole damn lake.
And even nicer to actually camp without having a bunch of hotheaded city creeps trying to stir up trouble !

It would also be nice if the same snobs and jerks would clean up after themselves as well.

Old 09-10-2009, 08:44 PM

36 posts, read 106,943 times
Mercruiserdr, where exactly do you live?

Old 09-10-2009, 11:07 PM

Mercruiserdr - please read carefully!

You haven't changed my mind. The problems you mentioned about "The North" are all because Des Moines is an urban area. (Des Moines isn't even Northern Iowa and is only on the border of the upper midwest)

There are plenty of rural areas in the upper midwest that are just as you described ... Yet better because the upper midwest is much more clean and educated.

I'm sure there are a lot of people from the Des Moines area who use your lake but maybe you should get over it because they are boosting your local economy while down there. Let's face it, nothing else is going to.

There, you wanted me to be a snob you got it loser.

Old 09-11-2009, 05:33 AM

135 posts, read 408,655 times
Daniel , I live on a farm near Centerville.

To the snob , we really dont give a rats rear what you think my dear , we take great satisfaction in knowing you by your own admittance YOU will not be enjoying the benefits of the area in which we live.

I can well imagine you are one of the hypocrites who screaches on endlessly about your disdain for intolerance , meanwhile being one of the most intolerant people in Iowa.

If you cannot handle people addressing your arrogant hate rhetoric maybe you should reconsider before vomitting your venom in a public forum.

Thank you for keeping your hate filled carcass in the snake pit you and yours have created.

Last edited by Mercruiserdr; 09-11-2009 at 05:58 AM..

Old 09-11-2009, 11:54 AM

Quote:

To the snob , we really dont give a rats rear what you think my dear , we take great satisfaction in knowing you by your own admittance YOU will not be enjoying the benefits of the area in which we live.

I can well imagine you are one of the hypocrites who screaches on endlessly about your disdain for intolerance , meanwhile being one of the most intolerant people in Iowa.

If you cannot handle people addressing your arrogant hate rhetoric maybe you should reconsider before vomitting your venom in a public forum.

Thank you for keeping your hate filled carcass in the snake pit you and yours have created.
All I can say is "haha" and I am done with yah! Gatta get a kick outta this forum now and then.

Old 09-11-2009, 02:10 PM

2,790 posts, read 6,130,124 times
This thread certainly has gone in a strange direction..... WOW!

Old 09-11-2009, 02:48 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,139,161 times
Quote:

Plenty of hate in your post Mercruiserdr. And your idea of forcing drug abusers to consume what they have in possession is quite unforgiving. They use drugs in an always unsuccessful attempt to address other problems. They need help, not to be denied medical coverage. Don't know why, but it seems like the percentage of drug abusers is higher in small towns. For some, small town life is wonderful and I'm happy for you that you can revel in all it offers you. But, c'mon, have a heart. It's not for everyone and those who disagree are not all intolerant snobs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa