Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 09:26 AM

69 posts, read 112,908 times

Advertisements

Islam is derived from the Arabic word which means peace .
Many people say that Islam is the religion of terrorism but they are wronged by some people and circumstances.
The purpose of this paper is to make things clear , but let's agree my words are not for every one ; no but only for those who are ready to conceive and accept the truth without prejudjes ...
Most important of all read with your heart not eyes and read to the end because wise people read then evaluate and comment. First of all we should know that the adherents of a particular religion don't represent it always.
Yes , they are supposed to but if they misbehave in the name of that religion this doesn't mean at all that it is this religion that teach them that.

What I am saying is true in regard to all religions including Islam
I know some Muslims commit crimes in the name of the Divine and in the name of Islam but if only you come to realise that our messenger despised bloodshed.
If those people who are terrorists understood the true meaning of Islam they wouldn't have behaved in that way
I think they aren't Muslims at all...

It is true that some Muslims , by name not by practice , misbehave but Islam is innocent and has nothing to do with their misbehaviour.

Let's suppose that some Christians commit some acts of terror in the name of Christ and Cristianity would this give us right to say that Jesus Christ peace and blessings be upon him is a terrorist and Cristianity teaches terrorism !!!
If you say yes this means that you aren't objective and that you can't , unfortunately , see things clearly and your observation and thus your conclusions are shallow and I am sure you are not like that.

The propfet Muhammad peace be upon him said " You don't believe untill you whish for others what you whish for yourself"
Do you think that a terrorist teaches such things!!!

I want to tell you that God wants you to return to him , that's why he sent to you some one to remind you .
Be courageous and wise and look for the truth.
I advise you to read Coran and in it be sure you will find the right path to success in both life and the hereafterworld.

Take good care of yourself
Be sure that somewhere in the world you have a sister in the faith who is praying for you
May Allah bless and protect you all .

Now tell me what you know about Islam...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2010, 10:14 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,080,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Islam-light View Post
Islam is derived from the Arabic word which means peace .
But of course, that's like saying "disaster" is derived from the Latin words meaning "bad star." A connection may exist, but disaster does not mean "bad star."

Just as Islam does not mean peace.

It means "submission."

Old 06-22-2010, 10:27 AM

2,256 posts, read 6,957,974 times
It means trying to take away my bacon...which so far Allah has been not so very powerful in doing since I've consumed plenty in my lifetime

Old 06-22-2010, 10:41 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,731,784 times
As far as I know 'Islam' means surrender or submission to god. That means that you do what your god will. If that gods says 'peace' it's peace. if that god ways 'war' it's war. Historically it has too often been war to be be called a religion of peace.

But then too much war had been caused in the name of Jesus for him to be called 'prince of peace' either.

Old 06-22-2010, 10:46 AM

3,360 posts, read 12,270,334 times
We are NOT interested in converting to Islam, but thanks anway. You can leave us now.

Old 06-22-2010, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
But of course, that's like saying "disaster" is derived from the Latin words meaning "bad star." A connection may exist, but disaster does not mean "bad star."

Just as Islam does not mean peace.

It means "submission."
Thanks dear friend for your comment
Islam is indeed the religion of peace
Why do you think that it isn't?
I would like to discuss the issue with you my sisters and brothers as wise people shall , that is we ve to respect every one's point of view...

Islam teaches us that we are sisters and brothers and that we should love oneanother
I love you

Old 06-22-2010, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgt04 View Post
It means trying to take away my bacon...which so far Allah has been not so very powerful in doing since I've consumed plenty in my lifetime

Here we want serious people to dicuss because we are trying to find out the truth together
In other words we are not joking
But you know you have just mentioned a very important point whish supports the fact that Islam is the tru religion and that Coran is the words of Allah because now it is scientifically proved that pork has very negative effects upon our bodies and health
So I am gratful and thankful to you
I am would like to say that Islam teaches us that we should thak God for his gifts to us as well as people.
If you care for your health stop eating pork otherwise you won't blame any one but yourself.

Old 06-22-2010, 12:18 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,607,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Islam-light View Post
I would like to discuss the issue with you my sisters and brothers as wise people shall , that is we ve to respect every one's point of view...
If, in fact, you respect everyone's point of view, then why can't you respect the point of view that resents proselytizing. Every week, there are at least half a dozen new threads here just like yours. And it starts to become obvious that the last thing in the world you're interested in is discussion. You want everyone else to adopt Islam.

So my question to you, assuming that you respect my point of view, is this: why can't you allow us to practice whatever religion (or absence of same, in some cases) we wish to practice? Is it really that unacceptable to you that not everyone on the planet Earth adheres to Islam?

Old 06-22-2010, 12:29 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,864,701 times
Do you know what Islam is ?tell me or I will

Another religion with a creation myth and a diety of some sort, in all probability mythological, that we are supposed to worship? I don't mean to offend, I just have trouble taking any "god" theory seriously. There are enough natural explanations without looking for "other-wise" natural ones. I suspect you may know about one in particular that goes "matter can neither be created nor destroyed, but it can be altered"

Old 06-22-2010, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
As far as I know 'Islam' means surrender or submission to god. That means that you do what your god will. If that gods says 'peace' it's peace. if that god ways 'war' it's war. Historically it has too often been war to be be called a religion of peace.

But then too much war had been caused in the name of Jesus for him to be called 'prince of peace' either.

Thank you so much for having expressed your viewpoint in such a way
I think that you mean that Islam has spread with sword , this is what many people think but it is not true
We have to distinguish between the spred of Islam as a religion and the expansion of Muslims' military power
In Andonisia for example many people converted to Islam because they have seen the behaviour of Muslim traders
In Coran it is stated that " there is no compulsory in matters of religion"
and the proof is that in Madina there lived Muslims , Christians , Jewish people
Non muslims were not obliged to convert to Islam and they were protected .

I hope you got the point
Thanks for your comment
Bless you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam