Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2010, 11:11 AM

439 posts, read 556,368 times

Advertisements

......................................when Muhammad met Moses (peace be upon them).....................................

........................................I descended till I met Moses who asked me,
'What have you done?'
I said, 'fifty prayers have been enjoined on me.'
He said, 'I know the people better than you, because I had the hardest experience to bring Bani Israel to obedience. Your followers cannot put up with such obligation. So, return to your Lord and request Him (to reduce the number of prayers.'
I returned and requested Allah (for reduction) and........(Book #54, Hadith #429)

for the full story Hadith (Hadis) Books (Sahih Al-Bukhari, Sahih Muslim, Sunan Abu-Dawud, and Malik's Muwatta)

Last edited by finalmessage; 12-15-2010 at 11:36 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2010, 12:28 PM

2,958 posts, read 2,561,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmessage View Post
......................................when Muhammad met Moses (peace be upon them).....................................

........................................I descended till I met Moses who asked me,
'What have you done?'
He said, 'I know the people better than you, because I had the hardest experience to bring Bani Israel to obedience. Your followers cannot put up with such obligation. So, return to your Lord and request Him (to reduce the number of prayers.'
I returned and requested Allah (for reduction) and........(Book #54, Hadith #429)

for the full story Hadith (Hadis) Books (Sahih Al-Bukhari, Sahih Muslim, Sunan Abu-Dawud, and Malik's Muwatta)

First there was the two or three dozen ancient gods who were saviors born of virgins, performed miracles, were crucified and rose from the dead, then the Jewish rendition, then the Arabic version and finally...ol' Joseph Smith and his encounter with the angel Mormon. LOL!

Over 4,000 modern versions of ancient gods and over 40,000 versions of one of them...Christianity. Give Me A Break!

Old 12-15-2010, 07:34 PM

3,331 posts, read 5,957,328 times
Quote:
When Muhammad met Moses
Didn't they make that into a a movie starring Billy Crystal and Meg Ryan?

Old 12-16-2010, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullback32 View Post
Didn't they make that into a a movie starring Billy Crystal and Meg Ryan?
Tell a big enough lie, tell it often enough and over half the people will believe it:

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/849675/the_life_of_jesus/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIkFN4yofNA

Mohammad's Miracles

Old 12-16-2010, 06:53 AM

276 posts, read 476,978 times
Watch what you say about Mohammad. A member of the Religion of Peace might cut your head off.

Old 12-16-2010, 08:21 AM

63,815 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wsobchak View Post
Watch what you say about Mohammad. A member of the Religion of Peace might cut your head off.
Never mind that . . . just mentioning the name without the magical incantation of "peace be upon him" is sufficient to damn you.

Old 12-16-2010, 11:38 AM

661 posts, read 1,184,160 times
Quote:

'What have you done?'

Knowing this will make me a better person?

Old 12-16-2010, 11:57 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,607,468 times
I must say, I'm fascinated by the idea that Muhammad met Moses, who was dead and buried centuries before he was born. By the same token, I might just as easily claim that I ran into Isaac Newton last week on the #9 bus here in Brooklyn.

Old 12-16-2010, 12:35 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,818,947 times
.............................I miss beer..................................

Peace be upon me.

Old 12-16-2010, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
.............................I miss beer..................................

Peace be upon me.
I like Miller Lite...several every day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam