Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2011, 07:02 AM

939 posts, read 1,025,160 times

Advertisements

What do I accomplish? Do I get to go to heaven? Paradise? What exactly do I get?

How does one get to heaven in Islam?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2011, 10:31 AM

10 posts, read 14,133 times
it's easy to go to heaven in islam.....u just live your life following the rules that allah put.....yeah....that's it.....and remember.....just when u believe in the real god (allah) and that jesus and mohamed are just massengers not like christians believe that jesus is god....just when u believe that allah is the real god u can say that u took a big step to heaven.....u can ask me for more details

Old 11-22-2011, 10:35 AM

9,455 posts, read 12,550,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by belaid_198805 View Post
it's easy to go to heaven in islam.....u just live your life following the rules that allah put.....yeah....that's it.....and remember.....just when u believe in the real god (allah) and that jesus and mohamed are just massengers not like christians believe that jesus is god....just when u believe that allah is the real god u can say that u took a big step to heaven.....u can ask me for more details
Ahh...so all you have to do is follow a bunch of rules instead of relying on the gift of God.

The Bible says in Ephesians 2:8-9 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith (in Jesus)—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast.

Old 11-22-2011, 11:42 AM

5,984 posts, read 13,418,437 times
The same thing converting to Christianity gets you: absolutely nothing.

Old 11-22-2011, 12:42 PM

13,809 posts, read 26,564,648 times
Well if we want to be really cynical/skeptical both things have historically been used in a worldly way. Like to get social and business contacts. Kings would convert to Christianity to ease trade with Christian kingdoms. Islam had the advantage that a king or male-aristocrat could marry into multiple aristocratic lines. So even in a purely worldly "there is no God" way conversion to Islam could be a way to get in good with a Muslim family and maybe be the only way to marry an attractive Muslim woman.

Putting it less cynically, and as a non-Muslim, I guess an advantage of converting to Islam is that you become part of a global community. The hajj draws Muslims of various types so they have a bit more sense of unity, despite being quite culturally varied, than maybe Christian denominations do. That it forbids alcohol might also be good if you have ever had problems with that. And its fairly hygienic from what I know. A Muslim might think more of how it gets you a better connection to the Truth, God, etc.

Old 11-22-2011, 12:56 PM

10 posts, read 14,133 times
when i say just believe i mean believing is a priciple thing.....so u have to believe....and alos u have to worship in order to feed ur sould.....coz the reason why god have created us is to worship him.....that's our mission in this life.....so by worshiping him according to his rules he will reward us by his heaven.....and when i say heaven it's something big

Old 11-22-2011, 01:45 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,192,079 times
IMO, a god who would create us in order to stroke its infinite ego by worshipping it is unworthy of worship.

Old 11-22-2011, 02:44 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,776,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoGeek View Post
What do I accomplish? Do I get to go to heaven? Paradise? What exactly do I get?

It saves you from an eternity of torment.

Old 11-22-2011, 02:50 PM

1,816 posts, read 2,514,345 times
It would "get" you the same thing that anybody converting to any religion "gets:" the peace of mind that comes with the knowledge that he or she has found the "right answer." Because why else should someone convert to Islam or Christianity or whatever, if not because they believe it to be true?

Of course, there are plenty of people who "convert" for convenience or out of pressure, but I gather you're asking for the reasons why people would convert willingly.

Old 11-22-2011, 03:36 PM

2,444 posts, read 3,584,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoGeek View Post

Blow yourself up with as many americans around as possible, you'll get 72 virgins as your prize.
BUT if you are unlucky those 72 virgins are just 72 other idiots who got each other and you because they blew themselves up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam