Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2011, 09:42 PM

5,553 posts, read 8,005,762 times

Advertisements

This is one of the MOST beautiful interviews I have ever heard coming from the Muslim world and the person is NOT American/European. I don't agree with everything he says, but gosh darn it, this dude should be given a Nobel Peace prize for saying a lot of things that are NOT said when it comes to the Arab world from Muslims. What a refreshing interview. Take a listen:

Arab muslim man of peace & with courage to speak out. - YouTube!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2011, 10:01 PM

1,006 posts, read 735,662 times
Wow, he will more than likely be ostracized because of his enlightened, intellectual views. Coined a pawn of the western society. While I'm an atheist, I'd have NO problem sitting down for a conversation with this man of wisdom, it can even be said that I'd learn much from him.

Old 12-10-2011, 10:28 PM

5,553 posts, read 8,005,762 times
His name is Dhiyaa Al-Musawi a Muslim cleric in England but he is from Bahrain. He seems to have a pretty nice following and enjoys a great deal of respect from westerners instead of the usual fear and suspicion. You can see why.

Old 12-10-2011, 10:37 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,081,696 times
Finally a Muslim gets shown in the media. He speaks of the Islam I and most Muslims know Islam to be.

He has put it out front what many Muslims have been trying to say. In some parts of the world culture has replaced Islam. People see the actions of some "officials" in the Arab world as being Islam.

Just my opinion but I see false national pride of some in the Arab world has pulled many away from Islam and a false national pride is what many people see as being Islam.

While many, probably most Muslims in the Arab, world are like this man, the corrupt monarchies have pushed them into the back ground. This man is more typical of what I saw in the Arab world of the 1960s and not what the Arab governments have since caused the Arab nations to become.

Perhaps the past year upheavals and over throwing of corrupt governments is the beginning of a return of Islam to the Arab Monarchy.

Old 12-10-2011, 10:45 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,081,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moddestmike View Post
Wow, he will more than likely be ostracized because of his enlightened, intellectual views. Coined a pawn of the western society. While I'm an atheist, I'd have NO problem sitting down for a conversation with this man of wisdom, it can even be said that I'd learn much from him.
He is what most Muslims are not what the press usually shows. He is more typical of the Imam the majority of the world's Muslims see in the Mosques.

He may run into some static from some corrupt Governments, but those governments are fast being over turned. Some governments may ostracize him but most Muslims wont.

Old 12-11-2011, 01:06 PM

1 posts, read 1,160 times
what he said is the truth of Islam and I went to say that we should make the deference between Islam and Muslims because many believer do apply islam s roles in their life
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam