Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2012, 03:23 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,139,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciko View Post
what is your evidence for this?

even logic says that it cant be true.
ha ha ha. Your logic fails you, mate. My logic says nothing else CAN be true.

20yrsinBranson
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2012, 03:30 PM

78 posts, read 141,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
A peferct example of the failure of logic. This is why all scientific knowledge should be guarded from third world minds. The coupling of science, ignorance, and unintelligence makes for one nasty and tragic human beings and world views.

Now if this was a joke then yes by all means post more - LMAO!
let me ask you something here

do you believe that God is a barber who shaves hair on people's legs as bible claim?

yes or no

Quote:

A peferct example of the failure of logic
show us how , if you talk without evidence, nobody would listen to you

Old 09-30-2012, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
ha ha ha. Your logic fails you, mate. My logic says nothing else CAN be true.

20yrsinBranson
how?

Old 09-30-2012, 04:17 PM

2,770 posts, read 2,604,850 times
He did show Himself to mankind. He lowered Himself to the position of a servant and became man. Then mankind killed Him.

Being God, He rose from the dead and defeated death for mankind. Mankind will continue to mock Him and say it never happened, but that is their choice.

Old 09-30-2012, 04:33 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
let me ask you something here

do you believe that God is a barber who shaves hair on people's legs as bible claim?

yes or no
No! I don't believe in the God of the Bible or the Qur'an.

Quote:
show us how , if you talk without evidence, nobody would listen to you
Seriously, based on what you have posted previously - it would be a colossal waist of time. I am confindent that 99.999% of people, on here, will see the silliness of your conclusions.

Old 09-30-2012, 05:08 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,213,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Everything is God, the trees, the stars, love, babies, old people, chickens.

Do you expect God to book a hour on prime-time between Jersey Shore and CNN Nightly news?

If you do not see God, it's because you don't know how to look.

20yrsinBranson
EXACTLY....if you want to SEE God just look at your neighbor...or better yet, just look in the mirror.

Old 09-30-2012, 05:39 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,539,319 times
Quote:
WHY GOD DOES NOT SHOW HIMSELF TO HUMANKIND?

What whoud happen if God showed himself to humankind?

1. Purpose of life would be destroyed.

God created us here to test us, how we shall behave, so this life is a test for us, and after our death we shall be judged and then rewared or punished,
depends on how we were here.So purpose of life is to be tested here, that is why we are here on earth.

How we know this

God says in quran:

67:1-2 Blessed be He(God) who has the Kingdom in His Hand! He has power over all things.
He who created death and life to test which of you is best in action. He is the Almighty, the Ever-Forgiving.

So if God showed himself to humankind the purpose of life should be destroyed, beacuse if all humankind see God and hear his voice, if he said, i will
throw you in hell if you dont worshipp me, and if you dont follow my book quran, i will throw you all in hell, how would it be then?

If this life is a test, is it easier to test a person who he/she really is in reality, is to hide a camera inside the room and see what is going on,
so it is the same, if God does not show himself and the people are not aware of God , when a person is alone he can do every sin he wants, but when he know that there is a hidden camera
somewhere in the room, he will not do sins and embarass himself. So if God does not show himself to us it is easier to test us, how we shall behave, and show
how we really are in reality.

2. Free WILL would be destroyed.

If God threatens humankind if we do some stuff, and he says, if you do that you will go to hell, would anyone dare to defy God, anyone???
So our free will would be destroyed beacuse we would not dare do what we want. and then it would be harder to test us beacuse we did not show our real
face how we are in reality.

3. Imppossible to live normally

If God would show himself to us, and threatens humankind if they do some things thay will go to hell, all humankind would be terrified, and would live in
fear al they life. Test would not be complited.

SO THE REASON WHY GOD IS NOT SHOWING HIMSELF TO HUMANKIND IS BEACUSE NOT TO DESTROY TEST, NOT TO DESTROY FREE WILL, AND SO PEOPLE WOULD LIVE NORMALLY
HERE ON EARTH.

What happened to Moses when he asked God to show himself to him?

God explains in quran what happened.

7:143 When Moses came for the appointment, and his Lord spoke to him, he said, ‘My Lord, show Yourself to me: let me see You!’ He said, ‘You will never see Me, but look at that mountain: if it remains standing firm, you will see Me,’ and when his Lord revealed Himself to the mountain,He made it crumble to dust: Moses fell down unconscious. When he recovered, he said, ‘Glory be to You! To You I turn in repentance! I am the first to believe!’

When shall we see God for the first time?

On the day of judgement people shall see God for the first time.

Seeing God in Afterlife
In Islamic doctrine, God cannot be seen in this life, but the believers will see God in the next life; even then, God will not be grasped in totality. This is stated clearly in the Quran and the Sunnah. The Prophet said,

The Day Of Resurrection is the first day any eye will look at God, the Mighty and Exalted.”[1]

Describing the events of Resurrection Day, God states in the Quran:

On that day some faces will be bright, looking at their Lord.” (Quran 75:22-23)

The Prophet was asked if we will see God on the Day of resurrection. He replied, “Are you harmed by looking at the moon when it is full?”[2] ‘No,’ they replied. Then he said, “Surely, you will see Him likewise.” In another hadith the Prophet said, “Surely, each of you will see God on the day when you shall meet Him, and there will be no veil or translator between Him and you.”[3] Seeing God will be a favor that is additional to Paradise on the people who will dwell therein. As a matter of fact, the joy of seeing God for a believer will be greater than the all the joys of Paradise combined together. The unbelievers, on the other hand, will be deprived of seeing God, and this will be greater punishment for them than all the pain and suffering of Hell combined together

Sounds like more excuses.

Old 09-30-2012, 08:33 PM

861 posts, read 1,249,900 times
Is your heading one of those newfangled statement-questions? dubious:

Old 10-01-2012, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
No! I don't believe in the God of the Bible or the Qur'an.
so what do you believe then?, how can you then discuss with me about God wich you dont believe, forcing YHWH in bible and not Allah and you dont believe stuff you promote, this is somthing new for me

Old 10-01-2012, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
EXACTLY....if you want to SEE God just look at your neighbor...or better yet, just look in the mirror.
sister you dont know what your bible say

Matthew 6:9
Pray like this: Our Father in heaven, may your name be kept holy.

i dont see our father in mirror
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam