Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2015, 10:20 AM

1,601 posts, read 1,165,530 times

Advertisements

Your 'context' changes nothing.

This is so hateful. I want nothing to do with Islam, so I am one of the people whom 'allah' demands be tortured beyond imagination (except for Muhammed's imagination). No wonder Muslims are burning people alive! I tried to force myself to watch Muslims beheading people once and I could not do it!

If you want to face reality, this hate comes from the mind of a monster who raped a child, raped and sold and enslaved women after slaughtering their husbands, fathers and sons, etc.

If you want to go the supernatural route, then the CREATOR OF THE UNIVERSE is demanding this horrible torture to anyone who will not submit to his evil.

garments of fire shall be cut out for them; burning OIL will be poured over their heads, causing all that is within their bodies, as well as the skins, to melt away (note: despair does not cause skin to melt), and they shall be held by iron grips
and every time they try in their anguish to come out of it, they shall be returned thereto and [be told]: “Taste suffering through fire [to the full]!’’

What perverted, hateful mind could come up with this??

And no, "all that are on earth the sun, and the moon, and the stars, and the mountains, and the trees, and the beasts" do NOT prostrate themselves to ANYTHING. Utter nonsense.
(prostrate: to cast (oneself) face down on the ground in humility, submission, or adoration.)

When I read these horrible incitements to hate and torture and slaughter in the Quran it makes me wonder what Muslims can possibly be thinking.

Here's this all-powerful allah that CREATED THE UNIVERSE (just THINK about that!) and now he has the people he created torturing and slaughtering each other! All he has to do is have everyone born as a muslim...or snap his fingers and poof...we're all muslims. But no----he has HIS people torturing and murdering and doing terrorism and rioting. What kind of 'god'; is this? This is so sadistic and hateful that it is beyond belief. BEYOND BELIEF. What is this CREATOR OF THE UNIVERSE thinking while he watches the mass rape and terrorism and slaughter (including millions of Muslims slaughtering other Muslims) that he incited? What do Muslims tell themselves about that, if they dare even consider it?

If I believed in allah I would hate him. In reality, this is the ranting of a madman.

One thing I do almost every day is read the list of people slaughtered in the name of Islam on that day. For example, on June 2nd, 2015, there were 129 people slaughtered in the name of Islam. 129 lives. Gone.

Life is so very precious to me. I cannot even begin to say how much I love being alive to experience this. I so value life.
Islam values death.

I so want this madness to end.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2015, 10:46 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,081,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juju33312 View Post

This is so hateful. I want nothing to do with Islam, so I am one of the people whom 'allah' demands be tortured beyond imagination (except for Muhammed's imagination). No wonder Muslims are burning people alive! I tried to force myself to watch Muslims beheading people once and I could not do it!

If you want to face reality, this hate comes from the mind of a monster who raped a child, raped and sold and enslaved women after slaughtering their husbands, fathers and sons, etc.

If you want to go the supernatural route, then the CREATOR OF THE UNIVERSE is demanding this horrible torture to anyone who will not submit to his evil.

garments of fire shall be cut out for them; burning OIL will be poured over their heads, causing all that is within their bodies, as well as the skins, to melt away (note: despair does not cause skin to melt), and they shall be held by iron grips
and every time they try in their anguish to come out of it, they shall be returned thereto and [be told]: “Taste suffering through fire [to the full]!’’

And no, "all that are on earth the sun, and the moon, and the stars, and the mountains, and the trees, and the beasts" do NOT prostrate themselves to ANYTHING. Utter nonsense.
(prostrate: to cast (oneself) face down on the ground in humility, submission, or adoration.)

When I read these horrible incitements to hate and torture and slaughter in the Quran it makes me wonder what Muslims can possibly be thinking.

Here's this all-powerful allah that CREATED THE UNIVERSE (just THINK about that!) and now he has the people he created torturing and slaughtering each other! All he has to do is have everyone born as a muslim...or snap his fingers and poof...we're all muslims. But no----he has HIS people torturing and murdering and doing terrorism and rioting. What kind of 'god'; is this? This is so sadistic and hateful that it is beyond belief. BEYOND BELIEF. What is this CREATOR OF THE UNIVERSE thinking while he watches the mass rape and terrorism and slaughter (including millions of Muslims slaughtering other Muslims) that he incited? What do Muslims tell themselves about that, if they dare even consider it?

If I believed in allah I would hate him. In reality, this is the ranting of a madman.

One thing I do almost every day is read the list of people slaughtered in the name of Islam on that day. For example, on June 2nd, 2015, there were 129 people slaughtered in the name of Islam. 129 lives. Gone.

Life is so very precious to me. I cannot even begin to say how much I love being alive to experience this. I so value life.
Islam values death.

It is all about choices if you want to go to New York you take the plane to New York, Not the Greek Ferry Boat to Crete.

All the Qur'an is doing is pointing out we have the choice of 2 places. the choice is ours. The 2 places are described, one is more pleasant than our mind can imagine, the other is unpleasant beyond what we can comprehend. It is always our choice to select our destination.

No one will be punished for that which they have no way to know about or understand. Perfection is not required, only to do the best we can based upon what we have the ability to know and do. It all comes down to free choice.

Old 06-11-2015, 11:06 AM

1,601 posts, read 1,165,530 times
"It is all about choices if you want to go to New York you take the plane to New York, Not the Greek Ferry Boat to Crete.

And if you want to hold rational moral values you do not choose to follow an ideology full of hate and terrorism and torture and pedophelia and rape and slaughter.

The Quran is pointing out that if we do not choose allah, we will be horribly tortured for all eternity. The Quran incites violence and hatred against non-Muslims and we're watching it carried out to this day.

There are many ideologies and religions to choose from. I am certainly not going to choose one of evil. The perverted orgy in the afterlife doesn't tempt me.

Old 06-11-2015, 11:22 PM

116 posts, read 87,932 times
The Quran is like a mirror: one will interpret the book depending on one's nature and personality"--Gai Eaton

"We are what we think.
All that we are arises with our thoughts
With our thoughts we make our world"---Buddha

I am, therefore we are, and you are---Ubuntu

There is much wisdom in all peoples and traditions and this wisdom elevates the human heart and makes it beautiful. If we look for beauty we find it---if we refuse to see because we hate we will not find it.

You may hate Islam and Muslims, and that is upto you...but could you allow those of us who love Islam to express the beauty, wisdom, insights, and hope that we see...?....You do not need to share it, but maybe, if you listen to us, you might also see the beauty inside our hearts?

Old 06-12-2015, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juju33312 View Post

Islam values death.

Do you limit that to only what you perceive as "Religious Causes"? The Drug Cartels which are basically not Religion related Seem to do quite a bit more Damage and are a much greater threat to Americans. Or do you just channel your crusade against Islam?

I personally perceive the Drug cartels as the greates danger the world has every seen and feel that should be where we should wage our campaign against terrorists.

This is what is happening here in the Western Hemisphere and not related to Islam

Quote:
(CNN)Here's a look at what you need to know about the Mexican Drug War. The Mexican government has been fighting a war with drug traffickers since December 2006. At the same time, drug cartels have fought each other for control of territory. More than 60,000 people have been killed from 2006 to 2012, according to the most recent data available from Human Rights Watch.
Mexico Drug War Fast Facts - CNN.com

Not putting up a smoke screen or distraction, just pointing out that violent people commit violent acts no matter if they follow or do not follow any religion.

ISIS has proven to be a very violent organization and as such has attracted countless recruits from all religions world wide. Many perhaps most ISIS recuits are not even Muslim, but became the ISIS flavor of Muslim with the specific goal of joining ISIS.

Old 06-12-2015, 09:25 PM

3,440 posts, read 2,646,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Do you limit that to only what you perceive as "Religious Causes"? The Drug Cartels which are basically not Religion related Seem to do quite a bit more Damage and are a much greater threat to Americans. Or do you just channel your crusade against Islam?

I personally perceive the Drug cartels as the greates danger the world has every seen and feel that should be where we should wage our campaign against terrorists.

This is what is happening here in the Western Hemisphere and not related to Islam

Mexico Drug War Fast Facts - CNN.com

Not putting up a smoke screen or distraction, just pointing out that violent people commit violent acts no matter if they follow or do not follow any religion.

ISIS has proven to be a very violent organization and as such has attracted countless recruits from all religions world wide. Many perhaps most ISIS recuits are not even Muslim, but became the ISIS flavor of Muslim with the specific goal of joining ISIS.
I understand, the Tu Quoque fallacy is too irresistible to avoid.

My overall mission in life is 'Towards Perpetual Peace Within Humanity'
Whilst not a Buddhist per-se, I adopt one of the Boddhisattva's Vow of 'Compassion and empathy to all living beings.' Not blindly though but rationally.

The world at present is full of problems of various types, i.e. drugs, politics, religion, spirituality, pollution, economics, social, sports, corruptions, morality, emigration, racism, sexism, etc.
The fact is humans has a wide variety of interests and competencies.
I have specialized skill sets in general philosophy, philosophy of religions, problem solving skills, and others.
This is why I am focusing on discussing religions and in this case, religious related evils. I am not interested in politics nor have I special knowledge in drugs, pollution, global warming. Perhaps Juju is in the same frame.

I see the threats from ISIS and other jihadist groups are more critical in the near future especially when they get access to Weapons of Mass Destructions, i.e. nuclear, chemical, technological, etc. Note the following [selected verse];
3:185. Every soul will taste of death. And ye will be paid on the Day of Resurrection only that which ye have fairly earned. Whoso is removed from the Fire and is made to enter Paradise, he indeed is triumphant. The life of this world is but comfort of illusion.
The Jihadists [the truer Muslims] do not value this world as the Quran tells them this world is merely illusory. In addition how much they will be paid will depend on how much they earned as a Muslim when killing Kuffar are an incentive to greater rewards [as interpreted from the Quran, Hadiths, etc.]. Therefore they will have no hesitation to press the red button or even kill off humanity with any other sort of weapons of mass destruction.

I hope you will understand why some people are interested in discussing religion related evils and violence and not drug cartels, etc. Btw, you should not influence others to deflect to other issues since what is discussed is within topic and very critical to the well being of humanity at present and in the future. [more so that you are a moderator]

Last edited by Continuum; 06-12-2015 at 09:37 PM..

Old 06-13-2015, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
I understand, the Tu Quoque fallacy is too irresistible to avoid.

My overall mission in life is 'Towards Perpetual Peace Within Humanity'
Whilst not a Buddhist per-se, I adopt one of the Boddhisattva's Vow of 'Compassion and empathy to all living beings.' Not blindly though but rationally.

The world at present is full of problems of various types, i.e. drugs, politics, religion, spirituality, pollution, economics, social, sports, corruptions, morality, emigration, racism, sexism, etc.
The fact is humans has a wide variety of interests and competencies.
I have specialized skill sets in general philosophy, philosophy of religions, problem solving skills, and others.
This is why I am focusing on discussing religions and in this case, religious related evils. I am not interested in politics nor have I special knowledge in drugs, pollution, global warming. Perhaps Juju is in the same frame.

I see the threats from ISIS and other jihadist groups are more critical in the near future especially when they get access to Weapons of Mass Destructions, i.e. nuclear, chemical, technological, etc. Note the following [selected verse];
3:185. Every soul will taste of death. And ye will be paid on the Day of Resurrection only that which ye have fairly earned. Whoso is removed from the Fire and is made to enter Paradise, he indeed is triumphant. The life of this world is but comfort of illusion.
The Jihadists [the truer Muslims] do not value this world as the Quran tells them this world is merely illusory. In addition how much they will be paid will depend on how much they earned as a Muslim when killing Kuffar are an incentive to greater rewards [as interpreted from the Quran, Hadiths, etc.]. Therefore they will have no hesitation to press the red button or even kill off humanity with any other sort of weapons of mass destruction.

I hope you will understand why some people are interested in discussing religion related evils and violence and not drug cartels, etc. Btw, you should not influence others to deflect to other issues since what is discussed is within topic and very critical to the well being of humanity at present and in the future. [more so that you are a moderator]
As it is getting verylate I am just going to address this last paragraph

Quote:
I personally am very opposed to proselytizing any religion. How ever each religious/non-religious group has it's own forum. the purpose being so that the adherents of such belief can freely express what they find to be the beauty of their faith or disbelief. The General Spirituality/Religious forum is there for debate and disagreement.

When one enters one of the Religion ot Atheist/agnostic forums they should be prepared to read what the adherents feel are the pros of their belief or disbelief. The Judaism forum is not to be taken as an opportunity to criticize Judaism, the Chrstianity forum is not the place to criticize Christianity, the Atheism forum is not the place to criticize atheism.etc

This Forum is the only place on these boards where I go into depth as to what I find wonderful about Islam.

Old 06-14-2015, 01:50 AM

3,440 posts, read 2,646,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
As it is getting very late I am just going to address this last paragraph

I personally am very opposed to proselytizing any religion. How ever each religious/non-religious group has it's own forum. the purpose being so that the adherents of such belief can freely express what they find to be the beauty of their faith or disbelief. The General Spirituality/Religious forum is there for debate and disagreement.

When one enters one of the Religion ot Atheist/agnostic forums they should be prepared to read what the adherents feel are the pros of their belief or disbelief. The Judaism forum is not to be taken as an opportunity to criticize Judaism, the Chrstianity forum is not the place to criticize Christianity, the Atheism forum is not the place to criticize atheism.etc

This Forum is the only place on these boards where I go into depth as to what I find wonderful about Islam.
For the sake of the well being of humanity, critical and balanced thinking should be encouraged within the respective section. I hope this will be the case.

IMO, a General Spirituality/Religious forum should cover the very general, comparative elements of religions & spirituality and others.

One of my main interest in philosophy. Unfortunately there is only one general section for philosophy instead of the usual different sections for General, Metaphysics, Ethics, Logic, Religion/Spirituality, Science, Arts, etc. It will be odd if each section can only include the pros, and the cons Must to be discussed in the General section. This is not a feature of good organization skills.

I hope the Religion and Spirituality section here will adopt such good feature and allows pros and cons discussion within the same specific religion/spirituality sections. This is advantage to all readers so that they can access matters related to each religions rather than having to read two sections.

For example, I want to discuss [critique] on what grounds and justification is the Quran the final revelation and Muhammad the last messenger. Surely this is most appropriate within the 'Islam' section. However because this is intended to be of a debate nature, then it should be in the Religion/Spirituality section?

Last edited by Continuum; 06-14-2015 at 01:59 AM..

Old 06-14-2015, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
For the sake of the well being of humanity, critical and balanced thinking should be encouraged within the respective section. I hope this will be the case.

IMO, a General Spirituality/Religious forum should cover the very general, comparative elements of religions & spirituality and others.

One of my main interest in philosophy. Unfortunately there is only one general section for philosophy instead of the usual different sections for General, Metaphysics, Ethics, Logic, Religion/Spirituality, Science, Arts, etc. It will be odd if each section can only include the pros, and the cons Must to be discussed in the General section. This is not a feature of good organization skills.

I hope the Religion and Spirituality section here will adopt such good feature and allows pros and cons discussion within the same specific religion/spirituality sections. This is advantage to all readers so that they can access matters related to each religions rather than having to read two sections.

For example, I want to discuss [critique] on what grounds and justification is the Quran the final revelation and Muhammad the last messenger. Surely this is most appropriate within the 'Islam' section. However because this is intended to be of a debate nature, then it should be in the Religion/Spirituality section?
It is acceptable and appropriate to start a thread such as:

"Was Muhammad the final Prophet"

"What Religious scriptures are True?"

"Debating the Qur'an"

"Is Islam a Violent Religion"

etc in the Spirituality/Religion forum, there probably are several similar ones that are ongoing. A quick glance and you should find some here: http://www.city-data.com/forum/searc...rchid=18096835

In the specific Religious forums there are very few regular posters. For example here in the Islamic Forum there are only 4-5 regular posers, similar with the others except Christianity. Christianity has the largest number of regular posters exceeded only by the Atheist forum

You will find that most Muslims will not debate the Qur'an many, perhaps most of us believe each person should do their own searching, Islam is more personal than the following of some cleric, who might be wrong.

Old 06-14-2015, 05:35 PM

18,499 posts, read 9,164,949 times
Terror and guilt. Just like in orthodox Christianity.

The worse the hell and the angrier the God, the more successful the religion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam