Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2014, 11:51 AM

430 posts, read 481,514 times

Advertisements

If a woman leads men, women and boys in prayer, then the prayer of the women is valid and the prayer of the men and boys is invalid
Ruling on a woman leading men in prayer - islamqa.info

Volume 1, Book 9, Number 490:
Narrated 'Aisha:
The things which annul the prayers were mentioned before me. They said, "Prayer is annulled by a dog, a donkey and a woman (if they pass in front of the praying people)." I said, "You have made us (i.e. women) dogs. I saw the Prophet praying while I used to lie in my bed between him and the Qibla. Whenever I was in need of something, I would slip away. for I disliked to face him."

Must be the reason why...

Mosques Relegate Women's Prayers to the Basement | Womens eNews

Women's Prayer Spaces Featured In 'Side Entrance' Blog: A Call For Improved Conditions In Mosques

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2014, 02:25 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,745,228 times
Another Islamic hate thread?????

Where is your thread that covers why there are little to no female priests in Christianity or female rabbi's in Judaism?

Old 12-19-2014, 02:28 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,236,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophion View Post
If a woman leads men, women and boys in prayer, then the prayer of the women is valid and the prayer of the men and boys is invalid

Narrated 'Aisha:
The things which annul the prayers were mentioned before me. They said, "Prayer is annulled by a dog, a donkey and a woman (if they pass in front of the praying people)." I said, "You have made us (i.e. women) dogs. I saw the Prophet praying while I used to lie in my bed between him and the Qibla. Whenever I was in need of something, I would slip away. for I disliked to face him."

Must be the reason why...

Mosques Relegate Women's Prayers to the Basement | Womens eNews

Women's Prayer Spaces Featured In 'Side Entrance' Blog: A Call For Improved Conditions In Mosques

Does this affect your life in some way directly? If so then you should already know not to pray with women.
If it does not affect your life in some way directly why is it so imporant to you?

Edited to add: The part of your post in pink that can barely be seen I didn't read.

Old 12-19-2014, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Another Islamic hate thread?????

Where is your thread that covers why there are little to no female priests in Christianity or female rabbi's in Judaism?
i made a few threads in the christianity section already. why arent you complaining about that?

what i posted here are facts. be a sport.

or direct your complaints against Shaykh Muhammad Saalih al-Munajjid who made the ruling here:

Old 12-19-2014, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Does this affect your life in some way directly? If so then you should already know not to pray with women.
If it does not affect your life in some way directly why is it so imporant to you?

Edited to add: The part of your post in pink that can barely be seen I didn't read.
here you go:

Narrated 'Aisha:

Old 12-19-2014, 03:05 PM

Quote:
i made a few threads in the Christianity section already. why aren't you complaining about that?

what i posted here are facts. be a sport.
I'm not a Christian so I really don't care what they discuss and if they have problems with you they've ether responded to you or reported you. I am a Mizrahi Jew, thus I have something to say in Islam an Judaism as long as it is within the confines these forums.

So facts may be facts to you, but facts are not always truth. And truth to us is what matters and not facts you and others try to convince us as truths then they're not. So be a sport and take your Agnostic agenda somewhere else as you are not here to discuss any part of the religion of this forum.

Old 12-19-2014, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
I'm not a Christian so I really don't care what they discuss and if they have problems with you they've ether responded to you or reported you. I am a Mizrahi Jew, thus I have something to say in Islam an Judaism as long as it is within the confines these forums.

So facts may be facts to you, but facts are not always truth. And truth to us is what matters and not facts you and others try to convince us as truths then they're not. So be a sport and take your Agnostic agenda somewhere else as you are not here to discuss any part of the religion of this forum.
Mizrahi Jews - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The term Mizrahi is most commonly used in Israel to refer to Jews who trace their roots back to Muslim-majority countries

And I'm Filipino, who came from a country originally dominated by Muslims. I have something to say about Islam too.

Now back to the topic....

Old 12-19-2014, 03:25 PM

'truth' is just something people agree on.
'facts' on the other hand is what you call "reality". like this:

Muslim Women Challenge American Mosques: 'Now Is The Time' : NPR

Most American mosques do a poor job of including women, according to a recent study co-sponsored by the Islamic Society of North America. Sometimes that means subpar women's prayer spaces, a lack of leadership roles or little programming relevant to women.
For Edina Lekovic, a recent visit to a mosque meant being asked to use a separate entrance from the one men use.

The first step to solving a problem is to recognize that it exists. And this is one of them. The rampant discrimination against women in the muslim world, in the name of Islam.

Old 12-20-2014, 10:24 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,075,596 times
Quote:
'truth' is just something people agree on.
'facts' on the other hand is what you call "reality". like this:

Muslim Women Challenge American Mosques: 'Now Is The Time' : NPR

Most American mosques do a poor job of including women, according to a recent study co-sponsored by the Islamic Society of North America. Sometimes that means subpar women's prayer spaces, a lack of leadership roles or little programming relevant to women.
For Edina Lekovic, a recent visit to a mosque meant being asked to use a separate entrance from the one men use.

The first step to solving a problem is to recognize that it exists. And this is one of them. The rampant discrimination against women in the muslim world, in the name of Islam.
There is nothing forbidding a woman from being an Imam and there are many female Imams.

The restriction is a man can not pray behind a woman. However women can.

If a woman has the financial resources to build a Mosque she is free to do so and she can be the Imam in it. remember Mosques are not built or funded by some Central Muslim power. they are built by local people in a community

Some Muslim women have done so. They are quite popular in China and in China the Female Mosques outnumber the Mosques with Male Imams

Old 12-20-2014, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Mizrahi Jews - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The term Mizrahi is most commonly used in Israel to refer to Jews who trace their roots back to Muslim-majority countries

And I'm Filipino, who came from a country originally dominated by Muslims. I have something to say about Islam too.

First, I don't need a link to tell me what I am.

Secondly there is no comparison when you compare one people who lived under similar customs upwards of 60 years ago for thousands of years to those who lived among Muslims for a few hundred years up to 500 years ago. This a not a Fig to Fig comparison.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam