Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 08:17 AM

32 posts, read 73,398 times

Advertisements

Investigating Islam
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2008, 10:09 PM

3,109 posts, read 10,840,763 times
Quote:

From the site:

[CENTER][SIZE=4]What do think about Muslim terrorists?[/SIZE][/CENTER]
If terrorism means bringing terror to a population, it is unislamic. It is unislamic because it brings about an extreme fear of people. To have such an intention has nothing to do with Islam. In Islam Muslims seek to instil in people a fear of God's anger only and NOT of people.
There are some who hate that people should fear God's anger only. They set themselves up as enemies of God and the Muslims. They may try to force people to fear something else. By doing so they are themselves at least mild terrorists. If they do so then Muslims have a duty to oppose this force - with force if necessary and if it will be effective and decisive. In this way only those who are themselves 'terrorist' have cause to fear the use of force by Muslims.
It is the complete incompatibility of only fearing God with fear of people which is referred to in verse 2:256 of the Qur'an:
Let there be no compulsion in religion: Truth stands out Clear from Error: whoever Rejects Evil and Believes In Allah hath grasped The Most trustworthy Handhold that never breaks.
The ignorant or the liars may stand up proclaiming that there is such a thing as an Islamic terrorist. There isn't.
The Muslims don't want you to fear them. They only hope that you will learn to devote your life to seeking Allah's pleasure and fearing His displeasure.

I like that...so because Islam SAYS there is no such thing as an "Islamic Terrorist", they're aren't any, simple as that...

So with pretty good clarity from above...fearing anything BUT "God's anger" makes people terrorists, deserving of violent resistance from the Islamic faithful...

I always knew those people sawing off people's heads were just doing it in "self defense"...now we have proof. (sarcasm intended)

Wow...just wow...amazing how you can manipulate definitions until anyone NOT an Islamic fundamentalist is labeled as being a terrorist by those so deluded...

Making me glad I live where I can choose to believe your religion is scary and opposed to everything I believe we hold dear in this country...

Old 01-02-2008, 10:31 PM

2,308 posts, read 2,587,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage of Sagle View Post
[/font]

I like that...so because Islam SAYS there is no such thing as an "Islamic Terrorist", they're aren't any, simple as that...

So with pretty good clarity from above...fearing anything BUT "God's anger" makes people terrorists, deserving of violent resistance from the Islamic faithful...

I always knew those people sawing off people's heads were just doing it in "self defense"...now we have proof. (sarcasm intended)

Wow...just wow...amazing how you can manipulate definitions until anyone NOT an Islamic fundamentalist is labeled as being a terrorist by those so deluded...

Making me glad I live where I can choose to believe your religion is scary and opposed to everything I believe we hold dear in this country...
I have a chocolate headache, so I'll keep this short. I've read excerpts from the Quaran, and correct my should I be wrong, but there is only ONE version of the Quaran? I mean, there isn't like a violent version and a non-violent version? Then why is it that Muslims have such a diverse interpretation of the Quaran? Again, we are talking about the same book of the Islamic religion? Being a non-Muslim (infidel), I just don't have the theological insight to understand the paradox of the Quaran.

Old 01-03-2008, 12:08 AM

364 posts, read 766,005 times
It says there not terrorist yet we can find verses in the Koran that do promote killing of jews or christians

Old 01-03-2008, 12:19 AM

364 posts, read 766,005 times
Plus many of those things on that site already been reburratea million times by christians believers and also Historians.

historians note that the Koran was not put to together until after its prophet death which means being in another one hands his writings but he could not write anyhow can be easy twisted on the ones who put it together.

Not defending islam but to me its a copy off christianty the same arguments they use like our bible is wrong because of others scribes can also be pointed out to them due to the fact it was put together as a book by not by angels but humans.

Last edited by HistoryasIS; 01-03-2008 at 12:21 AM.. Reason: mis-spell words

Old 01-03-2008, 12:26 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,440,752 times
Salma, is coming online and trying to convert people part of your own conversion?

If so then I am sorry you have been drawn in this deeply.

I might not agree with everyone on this board but I can tell you that most of us think for ourselves and are not likely to jump ship on our current belief system.

Old 01-03-2008, 01:01 AM

336 posts, read 844,738 times
I See Something - The Bible Believing Christian And An Islamic Quaran Follower Have Something In Common! It's All About Interpretation.

Old 01-03-2008, 08:06 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,506,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANA MANIA View Post
I See Something - The Bible Believing Christian And An Islamic Quaran Follower Have Something In Common! It's All About Interpretation.
Well, now, one might say that . . . but the point is not in interpretation. Rather, it is in the insistence that the Truth lies w/in only a particular, unalterable interpretation.

For ex., Sharia law. That is not up for interpretation for those who not only follow it, but seek to impose it on others.

Or did I miss something?

Old 01-03-2008, 09:21 AM

5,407 posts, read 7,795,499 times
I think she is trying to educate most of use who are unfamiliar with the Koran that not all who follow Allah are radical religious zealots who are trying to kiil all the nonbelievers. Sure some whackos may interpret it that way, but most do not.

Otherwise with the millions of Muslims living in the U.S. we would be in a world of hurt..and the attempts by our government to instill U.S. Democracy in Iraq among a bunch of Infidel Haters would be made all the more ludicrous.

You can dig into the Old Testament and go quote for quote on scary passages about killing nonbelievers and doing lots of mean, scary things to people. It's all about interpretation.

Old 01-03-2008, 11:09 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,506,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
I think she is trying to educate most of use who are unfamiliar with the Koran that not all who follow Allah are radical religious zealots who are trying to kiil all the nonbelievers. Sure some whackos may interpret it that way, but most do not.

Otherwise with the millions of Muslims living in the U.S. we would be in a world of hurt..and the attempts by our government to instill U.S. Democracy in Iraq among a bunch of Infidel Haters would be made all the more ludicrous.

You can dig into the Old Testament and go quote for quote on scary passages about killing nonbelievers and doing lots of mean, scary things to people. It's all about interpretation.
I understand what you are saying . .. but that is not what I meant about Sharia law. There is no interpreting it, as I understand it. They are very specific. If the law is - you get your hands cut off for an offense, then they cut off your hands, period.

I dont know much about Sharia law, but that is what I was referring to. I agree scripture is up for interpretation. However, when you have a religion that then makes laws based on scripture - they have interpreted it and left no room for further questioning - and there is no variance w/ how they impose the law.

It is hard for me to fathom, but evidently there is no room in Sharia law for such concepts as "mercy."

But I am surely no scholar on Islam. Too bad we have posters who come on here and say they want to answer questions - then disappear when questions really are asked, LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam