Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2015, 06:29 AM

144 posts, read 206,633 times

Advertisements

I'm kind of fed up to see all those threads about those "poor muslim women" who are uneducated, "ugly with their hijab", obliged to "hide" under "ugly clothes", aren't happy etc ...

It really seems that some people don't know many things about muslim women except what they were told/shown by the media.

Here a thread about some muslim women wearing Hijab (many don't wear hijab by the way).
Some of you should stop to have this image of women in the Media wearing black clothes and who don't care about their apparences.

People that you see on tv are MOST OF TIME people living under the war, who are poor or very religious (in documentaries, news etc). But this is not an objective image of muslim women.

[IMG]http://api.ning.com/files/-ZwHeZG6vwa1kJ71pn*uGFhZCcVj6uG-78TmnyAlKgjFcOHNMO8vms-DbE7hXYuoB6KpXZpVxwMgQfLGfoSAsstscBL0ckaq/image.jpg?width=600&height=600[/IMG]

Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2015, 08:09 AM

1,601 posts, read 1,164,380 times
You bring up an interesting point. On rare occasion I see Muslim women in these colorful hijab wearing a ton of makeup (as some of your photos show). Isn't that going against the Quran:

Tell the believing men that they shall subdue their eyes (and not stare at the women), and to maintain their chastity. This is purer for them. God is fully Cognizant of everything they do.
And tell the believing women to subdue their eyes, and maintain their chastity. They shall not reveal any parts of their bodies, except that which is necessary. They shall cover their chests, and shall not relax this code in the presence of other than their husbands, their fathers, the fathers of their husbands, their sons, the sons of their husbands, their brothers, the sons of their brothers, the sons of their They shall not strike their feet when they walk in order to shake and reveal certain details of their bodies. All of you shall repent to God, O you believers, that you may succeed.* (24:30-31)

Every photo that you provided show these women as doing their best to be attractive to men, to be sexy. Jewelry, TONS of makeup (look at the lipstick!!) and certainly not subduing their eyes!!! They certainly are not following the Quran! And I think this is GREAT! More power to them. Hopefully, they are setting an example for other Muslim women to follow. I'm betting these women live in Western countries!!!!

The sad news is that Islam treats women horribly:

A survey conducted in France in May 2003 found that 77 percent of girls wearing the hijab said they did so because of physical threats from Islamist groups. A series in the newspaper Liberation in 2003 documented how Muslim women and girls in France who refuse to wear the hijab are insulted, rejected and often physically threatened by Muslim males. Muslim women who try to rebel are considered "whores" and treated as outcasts.

According to a 2011 survey conducted by TrustLaw, a legal news service run by the Thomson-Reuters Foundation, 3 of the 5 most dangerous countries for women (including the top-spot) are Muslim majorities, and in terms of cultural/tribal/religious danger to women, 4 of the 5 most dangerous countries are Muslim majorities.

The 2009 report by the World Economic Forum has listed predominantly Islamic nations in the bottom of their annual Global Gender Gap (GGG) Index.....The only nation not predominantly Islamic in the bottom of the Global Gender Gap index was Benin.

The Global Gender Gap report for 2012 found all ten countries which scored lowest to be countries where Muslims are the majority or Islam is the largest religion.[5] Conversely, all ten countries which scored the highest are secular and/or devoutly Christian countries.[6]

According to a study by the Foreign Nepali Workers Rescue Center (FNWRC), about 90 per cent of all Nepali migrant women are victims of sexual violence and exploitation. The worst cases are in Arab countries where female migrant workers are routinely raped, beaten and not paid.

According to figures in an Oxfam report in October, 87 percent of Afghan women report having experienced physical, sexual or psychological violence or forced marriage.

[According to annual report of the German police] The representatives of this ethnic group stood out as part of those involved in sex crimes in Germany - 34.9% of rapes and other similar crimes accounted for Turks only

In Iraq, Sundus Abbas, who heads the Women’s Leadership Institute, a rights group with branches in seven Iraqi provinces, says the true figure for women who face sexual and domestic abuse is as high as 73 percent.

Oslo is the capital of Norway. In 2010, its non-Western immigrant population was made up of Pakistanis (21,195), Somalis (11,542), Sri Lankans (7,214), Vietnamese (5,573), Turks (5,987), Moroccans (5,848), and Iraqis (6,831).[25] And in 2009, 11% of its population were Muslim.[26] Every single rape assault between 2005-2010, where the rapist could be identified, was commited by a non-Western foreigner.

In Pakistan, it is reported that three out of four women in prison under its Hudud laws [these are the laws of what it forbidden and permitted by Allah himself], are rape victims. Because rape is equated with zina [unlawful sexual intercourse] under Hudud law, rape victims are required to produce four pious male witnesses. It is of course nearly impossible for the rape victims to produce the four male witnesses required to prove their allegation. Therefore their police report of rape was taken as a confession of illicit sex on their part and they were duly found guilty.

According to a report by UN Women released in early July of last year, Turkey tops Europe and the US in the number of incidences of violence against women. The number of women [between the ages of 15 and 44] who die due to gender-based violence surpasses the number of women who lose their lives due to cancer, traffic accidents, wars and malaria, revealed a study by the Turkish Ministry of Family and Social Policy.

A 2008 survey by the Egyptian Center for Women's Rights found that 83 percent of Egyptian women and 98 percent of foreign women living in Cairo said they had been harassed in some way -- and 62 percent of men admitted to harassing.

It goes on and on and on......

Muslim Statistics (Women) - WikiIslam

Old 11-12-2015, 08:10 AM

50,087 posts, read 20,709,055 times
Yes, absolutely gorgeous. No wonder the Imams want them covered up even more...the Minxes.

Of course they'd look even better with the headwraps off but that isn't allowed, is it - even if they'd like to. And as for showing anything more...

The beauty, intelligence and achievements of Muslim women is in spite of Islam, not because of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7OYRknGgEc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAO8oc93UVQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqvskXCz-kk

I am not anti Muslim or anti muslims. I want the best for muslims and for muslim women, which means that they should not be dictated to about their dress, activities or aspirations by a bunch a bearded scowling religious men.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 11-12-2015 at 08:23 AM..

Old 11-12-2015, 08:20 AM

"I'm kind of fed up to see all those threads about those "poor muslim women" who are uneducated,"

I'm kind of fed up to see all those poor muslim women who are uneducated.

Old 11-12-2015, 08:30 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,613,970 times
I love when women stand. It is so empowering. The photos are lovely.

Old 11-12-2015, 08:35 AM

"The photos are lovely."

Notice anything about ALL those photos?

Old 11-12-2015, 09:03 AM

2,826 posts, read 2,367,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fazira View Post
I'm kind of fed up to see all those threads about those "poor muslim women" who are uneducated, "ugly with their hijab", obliged to "hide" under "ugly clothes", aren't happy etc ...

It really seems that some people don't know many things about muslim women except what they were told/shown by the media.

Here a thread about some muslim women wearing Hijab (many don't wear hijab by the way).
Some of you should stop to have this image of women in the Media wearing black clothes and who don't care about their apparences.

People that you see on tv are MOST OF TIME people living under the war, who are poor or very religious (in documentaries, news etc). But this is not an objective image of muslim women.

I do indeed see pretty women. On the other hand, I see VERY ugly men who rape and oppress them.

moderator cut: image removed

Last edited by Marka; 11-14-2015 at 12:59 AM..

Old 11-12-2015, 10:09 AM

144 posts, read 206,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulmabriefs144 View Post
I do indeed see pretty women. On the other hand, I see VERY ugly men who rape and oppress them.
There's ugly people everywhere.
I remember those ones :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anders_Behring_Breivik

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luka_Magnotta

I think it's not necessary to point out other people, there's crazy and bad people everywhere.
I also hear a lot about school shootings, child abuse or serial killers who happen to be caucasians.

Old 11-12-2015, 10:50 AM

As far as I know, Islam is the only ideology where the prophet set an example by raping women, selling women, enslaving women, raping a little child, hitting that child, making children suck his tongue, etc.

Yes, there is a lot of evil in the world. But evil does not excuse evil.

Can you say that Muhammed was evil to do any of these things?

This is a HUGE problem that I see with Muslims. They refuse to judge Muhammed's evil actions and instead look to him as a prophet and perfect example.

I am waiting to see if any Muslim here will say that Muhammed was evil to do these things.

Old 11-12-2015, 11:18 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,741,888 times
I've thought for a while that hijab will become a fashion trend in western europe and the us in the near future - these photos show why.

That will be an interesting development, as a religious symbol morphs into a fashion statement.

I am all for arresting and convicting violent criminals of any description. Their religion is immaterial.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam