Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2015, 06:19 PM

3,440 posts, read 2,646,691 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
If Islam is followed, it is a very peaceful way of life and promotes peace and tolerance among all people. But like all people we do have those among us that go contrary to what they should not do.
Islam is Quran-MGA-610, i.e. Quran as revealed to Muhammad via Gabriel from Allah starting in 610 AD.
If Islam = Quran-MGA-610 was followed precisely by all Muslims there would be total hell on Earth already apart from the shade of hell that is already committed by SOME zealous Muslims.

Why there are peaceful Muslims is because these people [being more human rather than more Islamic] compromised Islam = Quran-MGA-610 and substitute their human values rather than complying fully with Islam = Quran-MGA-610.

Quote:
Islam is not a religion in the English concept of Religion, it is a way of life
that requires us to do all things in a manner that promotes the betterment of
all people. We have no central religious leaders, no ordained clergy and no
required religious study. It is all about individual personal responsibility and
why we should strive to live in harmony with all people.
If Islam is not a religion in the English concept of Religion, why do so many Muslim groups claim themselves as a 'religion' to exploit tax exemptions and other benefits like all other religions are doing all over the world? Are they lying?

My point:
Islam = Quran-MGA-610 is DEEN and comprise a religion aspect and a non-religious aspects.
The religious aspects [eschatological and soteriological] of Islam is plagiarized and not much difference from Judaism and Christianity.
The non-religious aspects of Islam is militaristic, evil, violent, autocratic, totalitarian and fascistic. This is the aspect of Islam that contribute to the evil and violence committed by SOME Muslims all over the world.

Quote:
to learn what Islam is, you have to first understand we are all individuals. No one person or group speaks for Islam nor represents any Muslim except them self.
I can only speak of what I personally find Islam to be and how I practice Islam.
Islam is firstly a personal endeavor but Islam as per the Quran-MGA-610 insists Muslims help one another as a brotherhood within a Islamic community to defend Islam with their wealth and their lives.
Thus a Muslim could be rebuked by Allah on Judgment Day if they do not spend their wealth and put their life on the line to help their other Muslim brethren who are in need of assistance whilst being persecuted and oppressed in terms of their religion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2015, 11:34 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,081,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
Islam is Quran-MGA-610, i.e. Quran as revealed to Muhammad via Gabriel from Allah starting in 610 AD.
If Islam = Quran-MGA-610 was followed precisely by all Muslims there would be total hell on Earth already apart from the shade of hell that is already committed by SOME zealous Muslims.

Why there are peaceful Muslims is because these people [being more human rather than more Islamic] compromised Islam = Quran-MGA-610 and substitute their human values rather than complying fully with Islam = Quran-MGA-610.

If Islam is not a religion in the English concept of Religion, why do so many Muslim groups claim themselves as a 'religion' to exploit tax exemptions and other benefits like all other religions are doing all over the world? Are they lying?

My point:
Islam = Quran-MGA-610 is DEEN and comprise a religion aspect and a non-religious aspects.
The religious aspects [eschatological and soteriological] of Islam is plagiarized and not much difference from Judaism and Christianity.
The non-religious aspects of Islam is militaristic, evil, violent, autocratic, totalitarian and fascistic. This is the aspect of Islam that contribute to the evil and violence committed by SOME Muslims all over the world.

Islam is firstly a personal endeavor but Islam as per the Quran-MGA-610 insists Muslims help one another as a brotherhood within a Islamic community to defend Islam with their wealth and their lives.
Thus a Muslim could be rebuked by Allah on Judgment Day if they do not spend their wealth and put their life on the line to help their other Muslim brethren who are in need of assistance whilst being persecuted and oppressed in terms of their religion.

Interesting point and perhaps not quite accurate

Speaking only for American Muslims. there are about 2300 Mosques in the USA. The majority are small and the 2300 Mosques are far from enough to serve the 2,000,000 plus Muslims in the US. Most of us will never see the interior of a Mosque. The places most of us pray at do not claim any tax-exemption.

As to if Mosques are claiming tax exemptions the few Mosques I have attended in the US did not. Including the Mosque I once owned. But I have only attended very small Mosques with congregations of less than 10 people.---OOOPS-- I am wrong, forgot the 6 Mosques I attended in Austin and I do not know if they took any tax exemptions. I know Masjid Ibrahim did not at the time, but I do not know if that is still true. The North Austin Islamic center took tax exemptions as a school as they offered the standard 1-6 grade school curriculum accredited by the Texas Board of Education and the Mosque was on school property.

Old 11-08-2015, 12:20 PM

1,601 posts, read 1,165,530 times
"Speaking only for American Muslims. there are about 2300 Mosques in the USA. The majority are small and the 2300 Mosques are far from enough to serve the 2,000,000 plus Muslims in the US. Most of us will never see the interior of a Mosque. The places most of us pray at do not claim any tax-exemption. "

Of course homes where Christians pray also do not get tax exemptions. Even if they have people over for dinner and have a prayer session before eating. But Muslims will probably be suing before long about not getting special treatment.

But yes, of course mosques claim tax examption.

"This publication explains the benefits and the responsibilities under the federal tax system for
churches and religious organizations. The term church is found, but not specifically defined, in
the Internal Revenue Code (IRC). The term is not used by all faiths; however, in an attempt to
make this publication easy to read, we use it in its generic sense as a place of worship including,
for example, mosques and synagogues."

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p1828.pdf

What do you think would happen if the government took away the religious status of Islam....LOL!!

I think US-based Muslim Group CAIR’s Tax-Exempt status should be stripped. These buggers have been found supporting terrorism and are nothing more than a front for the Muslim Brotherhood. The United Arab Emirates has labeled CAIR a terrorist group!! And we allow them to live here with tax exempt status? They should be booted out of this country!

Is CAIR a Terror Group? | National Review Online

Old 11-08-2015, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juju33312 View Post
"Speaking only for American Muslims. there are about 2300 Mosques in the USA. The majority are small and the 2300 Mosques are far from enough to serve the 2,000,000 plus Muslims in the US. Most of us will never see the interior of a Mosque. The places most of us pray at do not claim any tax-exemption. "

Of course homes where Christians pray also do not get tax exemptions. Even if they have people over for dinner and have a prayer session before eating. But Muslims will probably be suing before long about not getting special treatment.

But yes, of course mosques claim tax examption.

"This publication explains the benefits and the responsibilities under the federal tax system for
churches and religious organizations. The term church is found, but not specifically defined, in
the Internal Revenue Code (IRC). The term is not used by all faiths; however, in an attempt to
make this publication easy to read, we use it in its generic sense as a place of worship including,
for example, mosques and synagogues."

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p1828.pdf

What do you think would happen if the government took away the religious status of Islam....LOL!!

I think US-based Muslim Group CAIR’s Tax-Exempt status should be stripped. These buggers have been found supporting terrorism and are nothing more than a front for the Muslim Brotherhood. The United Arab Emirates has labeled CAIR a terrorist group!! And we allow them to live here with tax exempt status? They should be booted out of this country!

Is CAIR a Terror Group? | National Review Online
Unless a Mosque is very large and provides other services than a place to pray. It has no income. Except for the very large Mosques that are built and operated by a locol Islamic organization, there is no paid staff nor any source of income. Only possible exemption would be local property taxes, which are not worth the trouble and the opening the door for government control.

Tax exemptions are a 2 way sword. Might save a few dollars, but carry with it government regulation.

Old 11-08-2015, 03:03 PM

"Only possible exemption would be local property taxes,"

That is what I am talking about. Also, any donations or monies raised by the mosque are tax exempt. And I can tell you that Muslims claim Islam is a religion and take advantage of these tax breaks. This means they do not contribute to schools, police, maintaining streets, etc. But of course these Muslims use these services.

Property taxes can be very high. Here's an example:
"As for the rezoning issue, council members discussed at the Sept. 15 meeting regret at losing a piece of the city’s commercial property along Highway 3 to a property tax-exempt use (a mosque). The property had a 2015 assessed value of $838,200 and generated $30,364 in total property taxes (city, county and school district)."

This is, according to you, a pure theft of $30,364 in total property taxes by Muslims since Islam is not a religion.

Do you think any Muslims are demanding to pay property tax because Islam is not a religion? Good grief.

Old 11-08-2015, 03:37 PM

Quote:
"Only possible exemption would be local property taxes,"

That is what I am talking about. Also, any donations or monies raised by the mosque are tax exempt. And I can tell you that Muslims claim Islam is a religion and take advantage of these tax breaks. This means they do not contribute to schools, police, maintaining streets, etc. But of course these Muslims use these services.

Property taxes can be very high. Here's an example:
"As for the rezoning issue, council members discussed at the Sept. 15 meeting regret at losing a piece of the city’s commercial property along Highway 3 to a property tax-exempt use (a mosque). The property had a 2015 assessed value of $838,200 and generated $30,364 in total property taxes (city, county and school district)."

This is, according to you, a pure theft of $30,364 in total property taxes by Muslims since Islam is not a religion.

Do you think any Muslims are demanding to pay property tax because Islam is not a religion? Good grief.
First of all I do think Islam is a religion, but not in the same meaning as the English word religion.

I personally oppose Mosques taking any tax exemptions. I also am against any tax breaks for all religions and forms of worship..

If a person chooses to support any religion or methodology of worship, it should be a sacrifice on their part and not subsidized by anyone including tax breaks,.

I never claimed one penny in tax exemptions on my Mosque and I was the full financial supporter of it. In my opinion when a Mosque accepts financial support in the form of tax exemptions they have betrayed the command of not taking non-Muslims as protectors. The local Imam should carry the full financial responsibility of his Mosque and any financial assistance should be unsolicited taxable gifts from the local Muslim community.

Tax exemptions are a camouflaged method of Governments regulating religions and should be stopped.

Freedom of religion carries with it the requirement to be self supporting with no government assistance.

Old 11-08-2015, 04:18 PM

"I never claimed one penny in tax exemptions on my Mosque and I was the full financial supporter of it."

Isn't your 'mosque' your home? To qualify the property must be exclusively used to conduct the exempt activity per the IRS.

"I personally oppose Mosques taking any tax exemptions. I also am against any tax breaks for all religions and forms of worship.."

I am against taxation.

Old 11-08-2015, 04:56 PM

Quote:
"I never claimed one penny in tax exemptions on my Mosque and I was the full financial supporter of it."

Isn't your 'mosque' your home? To qualify the property must be exclusively used to conduct the exempt activity per the IRS.

"I personally oppose Mosques taking any tax exemptions. I also am against any tax breaks for all religions and forms of worship.."

I am against taxation.
The Mosque I had was a seperate building and cost more than a few dollars. My goal was to have a Mosque for the rural Muslims of ND. It lasted about 2 years and I couls no longer affor it. My next step was to set up a low budget internet Mosque. While that was affordable I find I could not dedicate sufficient tome to it. That idea flopped.

Currently I have what is doable. A private Mosque for my self and my wife and perhaps 2 or 3 other Muslims if they choose to make the 100+ mile trip to reach us.

Old 11-08-2015, 05:54 PM

3,440 posts, read 2,646,691 times
Quote:

Good point.

To claim tax exemption those Muslims must present Islam as a 'religion' in the conventional sense.
Otherwise they are lying.

Old 11-08-2015, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
Good point.

To claim tax exemption those Muslims must present Islam as a 'religion' in the conventional sense.
Otherwise they are lying.
Not too certain about that. some very unusual religions have claimed and/or still do claim Tax exemtions.

A friend of mine actually started a Religion as a joke. It was called the "Church of the Holy football" and the service consisted of watching football on TV. Communion was beer and pretzels. On a lark he applied for a tax exemption and was granted it. To his credit he did not accept it. but, if he was a little more shoddy he probably could have gotten by with it.

The exemption requirements are very broad:https://www.irs.gov/Charities-&-Non-...-Organizations

a short excerpt showing the critical criteria.

Quote:
Exemption Requirements - 501(c)(3) Organizations

To be tax-exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, an organization must be organized and operated exclusively for exempt purposes set forth in section 501(c)(3), and none of its earnings may inure to any private shareholder or individual. In addition, it may not be an action organization, i.e., it may not attempt to influence legislation as a substantial part of its activities and it may not participate in any campaign activity for or against political candidates.

Organizations described in section 501(c)(3) are commonly referred to as charitable organizations. Organizations described in section 501(c)(3), other than testing for public safety organizations, are eligible to receive tax-deductible contributions in accordance with Code section 170.

The organization must not be organized or operated for the benefit of private interests, and no part of a section 501(c)(3) organization's net earnings may inure to the benefit of any private shareholder or individual. If the organization engages in an excess benefit transaction with a person having substantial influence over the organization, an excise tax may be imposed on the person and any organization managers agreeing to the transaction.

Section 501(c)(3) organizations are restricted in how much political and legislative (lobbying) activities they may conduct. For a detailed discussion, see Political and Lobbying Activities. For more information about lobbying activities by charities, see the article Lobbying Issues; for more information about political activities of charities, see the FY-2002 CPE topic Election Year Issues.

Additional Information

Application Process Step by Step: Questions and answers that will help an organization determine if it is eligible to apply for recognition of exemption from federal income taxation under IRC section 501(a) and, if so, how to proceed.
Private foundations - requirements for exemption
Tax-Exempt Status- online training available at the IRS microsite StayExempt.irs.gov.
https://www.irs.gov/Charities-&-Non-...-Organizations

Last edited by Woodrow LI; 11-08-2015 at 06:26 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam