Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2016, 02:08 AM

3,440 posts, read 2,646,691 times

Advertisements

Khalif posted the following;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalif View Post

Even G. W. Bush was better versed with Islam than you are:

"These acts of violence against innocents violate the fundamental tenets of the Islamic faith. And it's important for my fellow Americans to understand that.

"The English translation is not as eloquent as the original Arabic, but let me quote from the Koran, itself:
30:10 In the long run, evil in the extreme will be the end of those who do evil. For that they rejected the signs of Allah and held them up to ridicule.
-Yusuf Ali's translation
"The face of terror is not the true faith of Islam. That's not what Islam is all about. Islam is peace. These terrorists don't represent peace. They represent evil and war.

"When we think of Islam we think of a faith that brings comfort to a billion people around the world. Billions of people find comfort and solace and peace. And that's made brothers and sisters out of every race -- out of every race.

"America counts millions of Muslims amongst our citizens, and Muslims make an incredibly valuable contribution to our country. Muslims are doctors, lawyers, law professors, members of the military, entrepreneurs, shopkeepers, moms and dads. And they need to be treated with respect. In our anger and emotion, our fellow Americans must treat each other with respect."

https://georgewbush-whitehouse.archi...010917-11.html
From my analysis, Bush's use [wrong advice] of 30:10 was not applicable to what he intended to convey then.

Here is 30:9-10 [Pickthall's]
30:9. Have they [infidels] not travelled in the land and seen the nature of the consequence for those [infidels-of-old] who were before them?
They [previous infidels] were stronger than these [existing infidels] in power, and they dug the earth and built Upon it more than these have built. Messengers of their own came unto them with clear proofs (of Allah's Sovereignty). Surely Allah wronged them not, but they [infidels] did wrong themselves.

30:10. Then evil was the consequence to those [infidels] who dealt in evil, because they [infidels] denied the revelations of Allah and made a mock of them.
Verse 30:10 is applicable to infidels, i.e. non-Muslims and disbelievers.
However those who were 911 attackers were true Muslims and not non-Muslims.
Therefore 30:10 is not applicable to those 911 Muslim jihadists.

Based on information to date and even then in September 2001, it would be ridiculous to claim Bin Laden and members of Al Qaeda are not Muslims.
Bin Laden's Letter to America

Thus G W Bush was wrong when quoting 30:10 to support his point in condemning the 911 attackers.

Views?

Last edited by Continuum; 08-25-2016 at 03:05 AM..

Old 08-25-2016, 08:54 AM

352 posts, read 419,735 times
Bismillaah ir Rahmaan ir Rahiim In The Name of The One GOD, Allah, The Most Compassionate, The Most Merciful. As salaamu alaykum, The Peace Be Upon You.

Quote:
Verse 30:10 is applicable to infidels, i.e. non-Muslims and disbelievers. However those who were 911 attackers were true Muslims and not non-Muslims. Therefore 30:10 is not applicable to those 911 Muslim jihadists.
How is it that Muslims, are still being blamed for 9-11, when 9-11 was a false flag attack? The proof is in the following video if you'll only take the time to peruse it:

9/11 Conspiracy Solved - Top Documentary Films 9/11 Conspiracy Solved

Old 08-26-2016, 05:02 AM

3,640 posts, read 43,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
From my analysis, Bush's use [wrong advice] of 30:10 was not applicable to what he intended to convey then.

Here is 30:9-10 [Pickthall's]
30:9. Have they [infidels] not travelled in the land and seen the nature of the consequence for those [infidels-of-old] who were before them?
They [previous infidels] were stronger than these [existing infidels] in power, and they dug the earth and built Upon it more than these have built. Messengers of their own came unto them with clear proofs (of Allah's Sovereignty). Surely Allah wronged them not, but they [infidels] did wrong themselves.

30:10. Then evil was the consequence to those [infidels] who dealt in evil, because they [infidels] denied the revelations of Allah and made a mock of them.
Verse 30:10 is applicable to infidels, i.e. non-Muslims and disbelievers.
First of all, the lesson in these verses is not that Muslims will go to paradise and infidels will go to hell. The lesson is that evil will be the consequence of those who do evil and good will be the consequence of those who do good.

I, a Muslim, will not be expecting to go to paradise if I do evil acts. Therefore, my calling myself "Muslim" is irrelevant but my actions are relevant for me to go to either paradise or hell.

The problem with your understanding of the Qur'an is this:

When the terrorists or ISIS members quote the verses of the Qur'an and I say that they misuse, misquote or misinterpret them, you do not accept my argument. But when Bush quotes a verse to express his point that evil will be the consequence of those who do evil, you don't want to accept my argument. This is so because you see the verses only distinguishing infidels from Muslims but not distinguishing evil from good.

The above proves that you support ISIS members (as if they are right when they quote these verses) but not G.W. Bush (when he quotes a verse). They are either both right or both wrong. You can't pick and choose as you wish.

Quote:
However those who were 911 attackers were true Muslims and not non-Muslims.
Anyone can quote a verse of the Qur'an and say that he is a Muslim.

Quote:
Therefore 30:10 is not applicable to those 911 Muslim jihadists.
It is applicable to those who did evil after rejecting 60:8-9.

Quote:
Based on information to date and even then in September 2001, it would be ridiculous to claim Bin Laden and members of Al Qaeda are not Muslims.
Bin Laden's Letter to America

Thus G W Bush was wrong when quoting 30:10 to support his point in condemning the 911 attackers.

Views?
9/11 attackers killed innocent people. They did evil. Period.

Old 08-26-2016, 11:10 AM

6,115 posts, read 3,089,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by devotee View Post
lol man - that will be way too much for him to absorb.

Let him be glorified in his little virtual heaven of "some Muslims, like 20%, are inspired by the evil laden verses in Quran. These Muslims are the true Muslims who are following the actual Quran. So, if the Muslim population is 1 Billion, then you are talking about 200 million true Muslim who are also terrorists, while the rest of 800 million Muslims who are not following the evil laden versus are lost".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam