Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2017, 12:50 PM

30 posts, read 29,200 times

Advertisements

Jesus and his mother, Mary, are presented as great role models to be loved, honored and imitated.

This video presents 7 miracles of Jesus (peace be upon him) mentioned in the Qur’an.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8BfmZw6rf4
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2017, 08:42 PM

2,049 posts, read 1,066,648 times
We Christians Anaterv those miracles
Do not fight better to follow Christ

Old 01-09-2017, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahasn sawresho View Post
We Christians Anaterv those miracles
Do not fight better to follow Christ
Excuse me !

Old 01-10-2017, 09:19 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,081,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themanofearth View Post
Excuse me !
as Salaamu Alaikum

Our friend does not seem to speak English, I believe he uses an online translator and often he is not understandable

Old 01-26-2017, 10:28 AM

2,257 posts, read 1,991,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themanofearth View Post
Jesus and his mother, Mary, are presented as great role models to be loved, honored and imitated.

This video presents 7 miracles of Jesus (peace be upon him) mentioned in the Qur’an.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8BfmZw6rf4
They are great models or the greatest? What exactly is the muslim view about Jesus and his mother? And I would also like to ask who is greater in Islam. Muhammand or Jesus? Or they are equal?
I am an eastern orthodox christian and not muslim. I am just interested for more knowledge.

Old 01-26-2017, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alkis View Post
They are great models or the greatest? What exactly is the muslim view about Jesus and his mother? And I would also like to ask who is greater in Islam. Muhammand or Jesus? Or they are equal?
I am an eastern orthodox christian and not muslim. I am just interested for more knowledge.

Muslims believe in all of the Prophets of God, peace and blessings be upon them.
Allah said:
Say: We have believed in Allah and what has been revealed to us and what has been revealed to Abraham and Ishmael and Isaac and Jacob and the Descendants and what was given to Moses and Jesus and what was given to the prophets from their Lord. We make no distinction between any of them, and we are Muslims in submission to Him.
Surah Al-Baqarah 2:136
The Messenger of God, peace and blessings be upon him, said:
Do not make the prophets better than one another.
We believe in the exalted status of the prophets in general, although it is true that Allah has honored some prophets with blessings not given to other prophets.
God said:
Some of the Messengers we favored over others.
Is Prophet Muhammad better than other Prophets? No distinction between the Prophets of Allah

Old 01-27-2017, 04:59 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,089,753 times
Quote:
The common ground between Islam and Christianity is, Islam believes in the following when it comes to Jesus

1 - Miraculous birth of Jesus having no father. That, he is the son of Mary, and Mary is a virgin, giving birth to Jesus.

2 - Jesus spoke as an infant, to the people, telling who he was, and what his message was, and his mission, as well

3 - Jesus performed miracles of curing the blind, the sick, the lepers etc, and even giving life back to someone who had died.

4 - Bible was revealed to Jesus.

Muslims MUST believe in Jesus as the Word, as the Christ, as the miracle birth, as the prophet, and as the one who will return in the last days as Messiah.

Quran also places Mary on a highest echelon of humanity among females. Mary is THE ONLY female in Quran who is mentioned by her name. No other female is mentioned by her name in Quran.
There is also a chapter in Quran that is named after Mary.

Old 01-28-2017, 07:40 AM

3,640 posts, read 42,142 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
The common ground between Islam and Christianity is, Islam believes in the following when it comes to Jesus

1 - Miraculous birth of Jesus having no father. That, he is the son of Mary, and Mary is a virgin, giving birth to Jesus.

2 - Jesus spoke as an infant, to the people, telling who he was, and what his message was, and his mission, as well

3 - Jesus performed miracles of curing the blind, the sick, the lepers etc, and even giving life back to someone who had died.

4 - Bible was revealed to Jesus.

Muslims MUST believe in Jesus as the Word, as the Christ, as the miracle birth, as the prophet, and as the one who will return in the last days as Messiah.

Quran also places Mary on a highest echelon of humanity among females. Mary is THE ONLY female in Quran who is mentioned by her name. No other female is mentioned by her name in Quran.
There is also a chapter in Quran that is named after Mary.
I would like to add the following:

1. Every Prophet or Messenger was Servant of God (Allah). Jesus and Muhammad were no exception.

2. Both Jesus and Muhammad spoke as they were commanded to speak.

3. Words in the Qur'aan are not Muhammad's words but the words of God that Muhammad delivered.

4. Jesus also had said that the words he speaks are not his words but the words of One who sent him.

5. Neither Jesus nor Muhammad asked anyone to worship them but God only.

6. Both Jesus and Muhammad worshiped God by prostrating to Him during prayers.

7. Jesus and Muhammad did not bring a new religion but merely reinforced the original religion by bringing it back on course after people had either forgotten or deviated from the right path.

8. All the Messengers and the Prophets (as imams) from Abraham onward were descendants of Abraham through Isaac line. They were "chosen" to deliver the Message to other people. Jesus was the last one in that line (through his mother).

9. Jesus was the last one in that line to give final warning to the erring ones to save them from the wrath of God. Therefore, Jesus was the Messiah for the Children of Israel (Isaac line).

10. The Qur'aan declares Jesus as the Messiah.

11. The Qur'aan declares that whatever Jesus did he did it with the permission of God.

12. Islam is submitting to the Will of God. Jesus too had submitted to the Will of God.

13. A religion given to mankind from God is not from any man but from God only. It cannot be named after a man. This is why Islam was never named after Muhammad. It is never Muhammadanism but identifies the action of submitting to God by obeying the Commands from Him.

Basically, at fundamental level, actual religion of Jews, Christians and Muslims is the same (keeping the Commandments).

Old 02-01-2017, 10:56 AM

2,257 posts, read 1,991,315 times
Thank you very much for your answers! I have read the Quran and I have it in my bookcase. I asked these questions because I was a bit confused. GoCardinals, you said Jesus is the Word. How Islam interpretes this? What does it mean for Jesus to be the Word?

Old 02-01-2017, 12:54 PM

3,640 posts, read 42,142 times
Quote:
Thank you very much for your answers! I have read the Quran and I have it in my bookcase. I asked these questions because I was a bit confused. GoCardinals, you said Jesus is the Word. How Islam interpretes this? What does it mean for Jesus to be the Word?
In the Qur'aan, the Word proceeds from God. It is God's Command. The Word is not God but the Word is God's.

When God creates something whether it is heavens and earth or human or anything else, He only says "Be" ("come into existence") and it is. We regard this Command "ruh" ("spirit") in Arabic.

People in Arabia, 1400 years ago, used to ask many questions when the Qur'aan was being revealed. One of those questions was about "spirit" ("ruh") and it was described by God as:

[17.85] And they ask you about the spirit. Say: The spirit is one of the commands of my Lord, and you are not given aught of knowledge but a little.

In terms of creation, it is God's Command "Be". "Be" would be the Command and it can be described as the "Word" that is God's.

[6.73] And He it is Who has created the heavens and the earth with truth, and on the day He says: Be, it is. His word is the truth, and His is the kingdom on the day when the trumpet shall be blown; the Knower of the unseen and the seen; and He is the Wise, the Aware.

[3.59] Surely the likeness of Jesus is with Allah as the likeness of Adam; He created him from dust, then said to him, “Be”, and he was.

Therefore, just as Adam came into existence as a human being with the Command (Word) from God, "Be" and he was, Jesus came into existence as a human being with the Command (Word) from God, "Be" and he was. Adam came into existence without father or mother. At least Jesus had a mother. If Adam can come into existence without any parent, it was no big deal for God to bring Jesus into existence without a biological father.

[3.45] When the angels said: O Mary, surely Allah gives you good news with a Word from Him (of one) whose name is the Messiah Jesus son of Mary, worthy of regard in this world and the hereafter and of those who are made near (to Allah).

[4.171] O followers of the Book! Do not exceed the limits in your religion, and do not speak against Allah, but (speak) the truth; the Messiah, Jesus son of Mary is only a messenger of Allah and His Word which He communicated to Mary and a spirit from Him; believe therefore in Allah and His messengers, and say not, Three. Desist, it is better for you; Allah is only one God; far be It from His glory that He should have a son, whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth is His, and Allah is sufficient for a Protector.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam