Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2008, 12:59 PM

1,186 posts, read 2,250,794 times

Advertisements

The prophet Mahammad (prayer and peace upon him ) used to have guards to protect him from any one want to kill him or hurt him

then he got a verse from Allah that Allah will protect him.

immediately he dismissed the guards.

for some one who is imposter and smart and could fool his people and all of the world he will not fool him self and he will not say such verse and he will not for any reason dismiss his guard.

Sura #5 Al-Maeda The Table Spread

O Messenger. proclaim the (message) which hath been sent to thee from thy Lord.
If thou didst not, thou wouldst not have fulfilled and proclaimed His mission.
And Allah will defend thee from men (who mean mischief).
For Allah guideth not those who reject Faith.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2008, 08:12 PM

4,049 posts, read 5,032,648 times
You only consider one scenario: If he was lying, he would know it and it wouldn't apply to him.

here's another possible scenario to consider: He was delusional, so he really believed it and so it counted for himself too.

or another: The story was written with some error

Not saying it's not true as you say, you just have to consider all scenarios before it can be considered "proof."

Old 11-11-2008, 08:55 AM

1,186 posts, read 2,250,794 times
another proof

one of the enemy of the prophet (prayer and peace upon him) his name is Abu Lahab and he is his Uncle .

the authenticity and credibility of Islam, the Quran and the Prophet himself laid in the hands of this man Abu Lahab for 10 years.

how?

When Abu Lahab was still well and alive, a short chapter of the Quran was revealed to the Prophet. The chapter said that Abu Lahab will die a non-muslim and will go to hell for not believing in the Oneness of God.

Al Quran Chapter 111.

"The power of Abu Lahab will perish, and he will perish.
His wealth and gains will not exempt him.
He will be plunged in flaming Fire,
And his wife, the wood-carrier, Will have upon her neck a halter of palm-fibre."

Abu Lahab lived for many years after this prophecy was revealed. He could have destroyed the credibility of Islam and the Prophet simply by pretending to convert. But he didn't.

Old 11-11-2008, 09:43 AM

1,216 posts, read 2,264,386 times
1. The background of the Prophet
2. His motivations
3. His effects on his people
4. His character
5. His accomplishments
6. His message

Heraclius became convinced that Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) was indeed the Messenger of Allah with considering all these aspects

i will quote from traditions , the narrator is abu sufian

He (Heraclius )called for his translator who, translating Heraclius’ question, said to them,
Who amongst you is closely related to that man who claims to be a Prophet?

Abu Sufian replied, “I am the nearest relative to him (among the group).
Heraclius said, “Bring him close to me and make his companions stand behind him.”
Abu Sufian added [to Ibn `Abbas], “Heraclius told his translator to tell my companions that he wanted to put some questions to me regarding that man (the Prophet) and that if I told a lie they (my companions) should contradict me. By Allah, had I not been afraid of my companions labeling me a liar, I would have lied against him (the Prophet).”
The dialogue then continued like this.
Heraclius: What is his family status among you?
Abu Sufian: He belongs to a noble family among us.
H.: Has anyone else among you before him ever claimed the same (i.e., to be a Prophet)?
A.S.: No.
H.: Was anyone among his ancestors a king?
H.: Are the strong and powerful following him or the weak and poor?
A.S.: It is the weak and poor that are following him.
H.: Are his followers increasing or decreasing (day by day)?
A.S.: They are increasing.
H.: Does anyone among those who embrace his religion become displeased and leave the religion afterwards?
H.: Have you ever accused him of telling lies before his claim (to be a Prophet)?
H.: Does he ever betray or is he treacherous in his agreements?
A.S.: No, we are at truce with him but we do not know what he will do in it. (Abu Sufian said [to Ibn `Abbas], “I could not find an opportunity to say anything against him except that word.”)
H.: Have you ever had a fight with him?
A.S.: Yes.
H.: What was the outcome of your battles with him?
A.S.: The fighting between him and us was undecided and victory was shared between him and us by turns.
H.: What does he order you to do?
A.S.: He tells us to worship Allah alone and not to worship anything along with Him, and to renounce all that our ancestors had said. He orders us to pray, to speak the truth, to be chaste and to keep good relations with our kith and kin.

Heraclius said to his translator to convey to him,
[1.] I asked you about his family and your reply was that he belongs to a noble family among you. In fact, all the Messengers come from noble families among their respective peoples.
[2.] I questioned you whether anyone else among you claimed such a thing, and your reply was no. If you had said yes, I would have thought that this person is copying the previous person’s saying.
[3.] I asked you whether anyone of his ancestors was a king. Your reply was no. If you had said yes, I would have thought that the man wants to take back his ancestral kingdom.
[4.] I further asked you whether he was ever accused of telling lies before he said what he said, and your reply was no. So I wonder how a person who does not tell a lie about others could ever tell a lie about Allah.
[5.] I then asked you whether the rich people follow him or the poor. You replied that it was the poor who followed him. In fact, the poor are always the followers of the Messengers.
[6.] I asked you whether his followers are increasing or decreasing. You replied that they were increasing. In fact, this is the way of true faith, till it is complete in all respects.
[7.] I asked you whether there was anyone who, after accepting his religion, became displeased with and abandoned his religion. Your reply was no. In fact, this is the sign of true faith, when its delight penetrates the depths of the hearts.
[8.] I asked you whether he had ever betrayed and your reply was no. Likewise, the Messengers never betray.
[9.] I asked you what he ordered you to do, and your reply was he ordered you to worship Allah, and not to worship anything along with Him and forbade you to worship idols and ordered you to pray, to speak the truth and to be chaste. If what you have said is true, he will very soon occupy this place underneath my feet now. I knew from the scriptures that he was going to come but I did not know that he would be from you. If I could reach him I would go immediately to meet him and if I were with him, I would certainly wash his feet.

Old 11-11-2008, 09:26 PM

613 posts, read 1,270,531 times
I think he misinterpreted the message. Either on purpose or on account of his limited perception. Allah will surely not save your individual physical self from any harm no matter how much faith you have in him to do so. Otherwise everyone would be Muslim. Or maybe he was misinterpreted and he just no longer feared earthly harm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam