Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 08:34 AM

55 posts, read 125,587 times

Advertisements

Hello,
Just wanted to know who are shia muslims and why dont they support the terrorism or the so called Islamic Jihad. I have never heard any Shia involved in terror strikes ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2010, 10:25 AM

3,331 posts, read 5,956,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillMePlzzzzz View Post
Hello,
Just wanted to know who are shia muslims and why dont they support the terrorism or the so called Islamic Jihad. I have never heard any Shia involved in terror strikes ?
They don't? Aren't Iranians Shiites and isn't Iran a major supporter of Hezbollah, Al-Qaeda and Hamas? And let's not forget the 1979 Iranian hostage situation. I know I haven't.

Last edited by Fullback32; 03-03-2010 at 10:45 AM..

Old 03-03-2010, 10:41 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Quote:
Hello,
Just wanted to know who are shia muslims
Shia Islam - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

[why dont they support the terrorism[/quote]

One man's terrorist is another's freedom fighter... but I digress.

Shiites have been involved in "terrorist" activities across the middle east, one seemingly unimportant fact is that al Dawa, the party of Iraq Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki, was credited for the 1983 suicide bombing of the U.S. Embassy in Kuwait.

Another Shiite organization Hezbollah was responsible for the 1983 bombing of the Marine barracks in Beirut.

Old 03-04-2010, 03:07 AM

I think Hezbollah is not a terrorist group they are fighting for the land or something ( Im not sure ), and i am very much possitive that Shia Muslims are not as extream as the Sunni Muslims - The LeT and the Taliban or Osama Terror Group non of these groups have a single Shia working on Islamic Jihad. These Shias dont believe in Jihad They are awaiting for the Jesus and the Imam Mehdi to Come and that is when they will fight along with jesus and Imam mehdi against the non-belivers. Well this is what my understanding is as of now.

Old 03-04-2010, 04:01 AM

2,332 posts, read 2,839,771 times
All I'll be certain of for the new revelation over night IS: Sunni Muslims have better communal relation for the psycho-analysis of Ageing. Shi-ites for that reason have a more constant commitment to the western-Christian source of their religion. They age at the mongamy, which was fighting consumerism even more so in western Politics.

Old 07-22-2010, 07:02 AM

I still some how feel they are not involved with this Al Queda and Talibaan.... they cant be Named as Terrorists..

Old 07-22-2010, 10:08 AM

4,082 posts, read 5,042,823 times
Quote:
I still some how feel they are not involved with this Al Queda and Talibaan.... they cant be Named as Terrorists..

Muslim terrorists can be both Shia and Sunni. There are different sects within Islam like Christianity. You should do some reading into Islam and its different sects. Any extremist religious person can carry out terrorism in the name of religion. Muslim, Christian, it doesn't matter the sect, its still terrorism in the name of religion.

Old 07-22-2010, 10:12 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
its still terrorism in the name of religion.
You give great advice when you asked another poster to read about the various sects that comprise Islam, but then end with the gross oversimplification that its all about terrorism in religion's name.

Old 07-22-2010, 10:39 AM

4,082 posts, read 5,042,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
You give great advice when you asked another poster to read about the various sects that comprise Islam, but then end with the gross oversimplification that its all about terrorism in religion's name.

I think its important for people to look into religion themselves. I think its really important not to take what others say because we all have our biases. There are many places to get good information on Islam. I would say the internet is not always the best place. I have studied Islam and Islam has both a moderate to extreme population like in Christianity.

It may be an oversimplification to say that its all about terrorism in the name of religion the point I was making is that its not about the sects of Islam its about Muslims carrying out terror acts. I do understand it's very complex.

Within Islam much of the terrorism that is carried out is justified religiously through ayats in the Qur'an.

Old 07-22-2010, 10:57 AM

33,542 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:

You are correct that Al Queda and Taliban are Sunni, but I'm not so sure that Shias are innocent of terrorism...I do know that it is the Sunnis that favor suicide bombers, while Shias favor death squads....The result is the same....People end up dead.

People are not born violent. Someone teaches them to be violent. That someone is none other than those religious leaders who provoke average, often illiterate and economically marginalized followers to commit acts of violence–In public these leaders appear to be very peaceful and tolerant. Yet, in private among their zealot supporters they appear to be full of hatred against others or call them unbelievers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam