Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 11:33 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,607,468 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillMePlzzzzz View Post
I think Hezbollah is not a terrorist group they are fighting for the land or something ( Im not sure ).
Perhaps a little research might be a good thing?

And whatever inspired you to come up with that screen name?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2010, 11:45 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,054,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
It may be an oversimplification to say that its all about terrorism in the name of religion the point I was making is that its not about the sects of Islam its about Muslims carrying out terror acts. I do understand it's very complex.
That was my point. Thanks.

Old 07-22-2010, 08:23 PM

13,809 posts, read 26,561,880 times
Quote:
I still some how feel they are not involved with this Al Queda and Talibaan.... they cant be Named as Terrorists..
Taliban descends from a Radical element of the Deobandi school of Pakistan. The Deobandi are Sunni. Al-Qaeda is also Sunni.

This doesn't mean there is no Shiite terrorism. You seem to be saying "Hezbollah doesn't count" but I think most experts on the subject would say they at least have a terrorist element.

Anyway Shiites tend to be more *Rationalistic but also more authority driven. The Ayatollahs of Shiite have an authority Muftis in Sunni usually do not have. So Shiite terrorism to some degree depends on who the leaders are in a given moment whereas Sunni's relative lack of authority means independent groups can form with extreme views. Although by the same token Sunni groups can form with highly modernistic views.

*"Rationalist" is a loaded-word here as most people here are rationalists and those that aren't are maybe anti-rationalist. However I do not mean the term is inherently positive or negative.

Old 07-23-2010, 09:01 AM

55 posts, read 125,596 times
Very true ... most of the Terrorist Orginisation are Sunnis i haev never come accross any Shia Terrorism Team or orginisation... i dont know much about this .. but yes Sunnis are much more voilent than these Shiass ...

Old 07-23-2010, 01:03 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,054,795 times
Quote:
Very true ... most of the Terrorist Orginisation are Sunnis i haev never come accross any Shia Terrorism Team or orginisation... i dont know much about this .. but yes Sunnis are much more voilent than these Shiass ...
First of all there are a lot of Shia and Sunni organizations/militias who from time to time have resorted to terrorism as a tactic. Both Hezbollah and Iraq's the Islamic Dawa Party (Yes the same group that our friend and patron Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki) are Shia parties/militias that have used "terrorist" attack against the U.S. Also, the party/militia of headed by Sayyed Ammar al-Hakim (another one of your "friends" in Iraq) for years employed terrorist plots against the Hussein regime in Iraq, ISCI is also shia led.

Old 07-23-2010, 01:06 PM

33,544 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Quote:
Really now? Killing a person by using an electric drill to the head is not violent?

Meet the Shia death squads...
Apache Clips - 1/4 Dated Documentary -Shias Death Squads

Old 08-12-2010, 12:19 PM

124 posts, read 173,848 times
Shi'ites don't tend to be involved in the large big name terrorism groups because those groups also kill Shi'ites.

Old 12-19-2011, 09:38 AM

1 posts, read 3,453 times
Hi my friends…
I had read alotof books about islam specially about shias….

Theyarn't terrorists....or they are not as who they are in your mind…

They belive God like us….
Just their prophet isn’t like us….

I think you may heared jihad word…

I search about it a lot….

Jihad in shia's language means you have to difence from your land and your family and your people…..just this…

In alot of days our governments said lies a lot for us….

They enjoy their life a lot without trying and they pretend about every thing…
They say lie to their people just 4 political problems….

Old 12-19-2011, 10:10 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,081,696 times
Sectarianism in Islam is not quite as clear cut as it is in other religions. We all follow the same pillars and believe the same Fundemental beliefs and are to see each other as Brothers and sisters of one Ummah.

However, sometimes the difference are more political than Religious. Most shi'i are Iranian. There has been a long History of violence between Iran(Persia) and the Arab world. this dates back to pre-Islamic days. there is also an issue of racism, which I am ashamed to say. The Shii are predominantly Iranian, an Aryan race not far removed from the Germans. The Arabs are predominantly Sunni and are a Semitic race. There is a large level of prejudice between Aryans and Semitics. The friction you see between Shii and Sunni in the Mideast is most often an Iranian/Arab conflict not a religious issue.

As for Terrorism percentage wise they seem to be the same between both Shi'a and Sunni. However the Shi'i compose less than 10% of the world's Muslims so their actual numbers are much lower,

The closest that the Shi'a have to an organized terrorist group would be the Twelver division, which is essentially all of Iran. They follow the Ayatoullah without question and see His fatwas as being commandments. The level of terrorism they will actually engage in will depend on the Ayatoullah.

Old 06-14-2013, 11:32 AM

4 posts, read 6,526 times
I think most of you don't have any clue about Shiite,So hear it from a true Shiite person..
Shiite are called "Rejectors" by the most of the Fanatic Sunni,you may ask why?!

Reason behind it is that the Shiite refused to follow Abu Baker Al Sadeeq because he wasn't the rightful heir after the Prophet Muhammed (SAW),Iman Ali (AS) who was the Cousin of Muhammed (SAW) was the rightful heir assigned by the Prophet,the reason Abu Baker took control so fast is that they were busy under the porch deciding who should be after the Prophet while the Prophet himself was dying in his bed and Ali (AS) was with him before he dies..We are (The Shiite) are the followers of the House of Muhammed (SAW),and Sunni denies this fact,even though proofs are everywhere from their own trusted books,like "Saheh Muslim" and "Bukhari" and many others..
I know this isn't a part of the question,nor answer the OP question,I just wanted you to know some true facts about Shiite because you should never compare Sunni to Shiite again.
We're (Shiite) are not terrorists,I do not deny the death squads existence right after "Saddam" and his government felt,This Death Squad was formed to protect the Shiite from the Sunni Terrorists mainly "Al-Qaeda" when there was no cops,no police,no official department to protect us the civilians from terrorism that THEY started.

Shiite do no Slaughter,bomb,bomb suicidal, killing any innocent life without true purpose and justice is unforgivable and lead to hell in our beliefs,we only did what was necessary to stay alive after the US mess in Iraq.

We didn't attack US embassies or was a part in the 9/11 or any other known worldwide terrorist act that led to killing innocent lives,ask the US soldiers when they came first to Iraq when they did security inspection of each house in Iraq looking for unauthorized guns,they do not inspect any Shiite house they come through,even the strangers knew who was their enemy.

Wake up people and think with your big mind,you cannot just call us the same because we're simply "Arabs" or "Muslims"!!
We're different and we're not a threat to humanity,this is what I wanted to say and hopefully you got my point.

Thank you for reading,
Peace on you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam