Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi > Jackson
 [Register]
Jackson Includes Jackson, Madison, Canton, Clinton, Byram, Pearl, Brandon, Richland
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2010, 12:25 AM

7 posts, read 14,900 times

Advertisements

Miss o Miss...
Any one here love Jackson like I do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2010, 06:00 AM

1,257 posts, read 2,658,678 times
I am quite fond of Mississippi. The natural areas of the state are beautiful. The people I have met are great. While I have not spent much time in Jackson, The posts here are starting to lure me. The "organic coop" market in Jackson is a big draw for me. I don't need huge city hustle and bustle. I really dont rely on any big city amenities, so there is no down side for me in Mississippi. Fresh air and a slower pace works for me! Retirement here I come. Cheers to all the people who love Mississippi!

Squidlo

Old 03-17-2010, 06:52 AM

1,156 posts, read 1,802,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazylegs13 View Post
Miss o Miss...
Any one here love Jackson like I do?
Yeah. Ross Barnett does!

YouTube - September 29, 1962 - Ross Barnett, Governor of Mississippi, giving his I Love Mississippi speech.

Old 03-17-2010, 07:19 AM

1,257 posts, read 2,658,678 times
Ross Barnett uttered 15 words that night.

"I love Mississippi! I love her people! Our customs. I love and respect our heritage."

I would like to add a few of my own. I respect the people of Mississippi. Our nation has a past that many would seek to cover up or even make light of. While I may not share the views of all people I respect them. Our history is what it is, what we learn from it is the deciding factor. I look to the future of our great nation and do not dwell overlong on its past. Let us deal with the problems of today.

Squidlo

Old 03-20-2010, 01:34 PM

150 posts, read 301,492 times
I grew up in Savannah TN. but spent lots of time around Corinth, Iuka, and Booneville. I just recently drove HWY 78 from Memphis to Hamilton AL. and Mississippi is beautiful. I already liked the NE part with the TALL PINES and rolling hills.
I wish I could have lived my whole life in Mississippi and flew crop dusting planes. It did not happen for me but you people who live there are very fortunate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi > Jackson