Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 08:36 AM

23 posts, read 65,474 times

Advertisements

We're looking at Ponte Vedra as a possible relocation area, we both work from home and we have a 5yr old starting Kindergarten in August. Looking at public and private. We are looking at rental properties online and do not see so many in this area.

Is the rental market weak in the area currently? We are looking in the 2k to 3k per month price range.

Are some communities better than others for families?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2011, 12:17 PM

615 posts, read 1,714,549 times
I think it's been rented, but for comparison, the house across the street from us was renting for $2300 a month. It's 4 br, 3 bath, probably a year old with fenced yard and 3 car garage. We're in Nocatee, so the kids go to PVPV Rawlings Elem and you get full access to the waterpark. All the neighborhoods out here are full of families with kids of all ages.

Sorry I don't know much about the market for rentals. I know the house I mentioned was rented out pretty quickly, so maybe things go fast in this area.

Good luck with your move!

Old 05-09-2011, 01:28 PM

14,617 posts, read 21,517,927 times
Do a search on realtor.com. The MLS rentals are all there. Also - pick up a copy of the Ponte Vedra Recorder (or subscribe to it if you don't live in the area). It has the MLS listings - as well as "By Owner" listings.

There usually aren't a lot of rentals < $3k in Ponte Vedra Beach (I've helped people look for them before) - and this one is kind of typical:

221 Pablo Rd Ponte Vedra Bch FL - Home for Rent - MLS #574366 - Realtor.com®

Note that Ponte Vedra isn't the same as Ponte Vedra Beach (it's west of the ICW - and has a different zip code PVB is 32082 and PV is - I think - 32081 - could be wrong). Don't know which area you're looking at - but you can search in either area by zip code). Robyn

P.S. People tend to move over the summer - after school lets out. And people who have to move but who haven't been able to sell their houses would in all probability list them for rent in the summer.

Old 05-09-2011, 01:48 PM

23 posts, read 65,474 times
Thanks for the information guys. We have arranged a visit to the Bolles School, PVB campus, for a week on Friday. We have read good things about the school, so we will be looking around that area, or within a reasonable driving distance.

Can anyone recommend a realtor that they have/have heard good experiences with/from? As we don't know the area really well, someone with good knowledge is important. I have previously vacationed in the area with a friend who's parents owned a place in PVB. Does realtor.com usually have all the available mls listings on their site?

Thanks for your help!

Old 05-09-2011, 02:01 PM

2,560 posts, read 6,509,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ant0nior View Post
Does realtor.com usually have all the available mls listings on their site?

Thanks for your help!
As long as the listing isn't "sale pending", our local MLS will still push the listing to Realtor.com.

Old 05-09-2011, 06:16 PM

237 posts, read 497,678 times
Bolles School is in the Mandarin area, not that close to PVB. I live in Mandarin and it is also a nice area of town. I am a Realtor and Property Manager. Currently the rental market has been picking up and if you have a rental priced right they do rent out fast. So you have to keep looking and be prepared to commit if you see something you like. Most rentals are advertised in Craigslist and on the MLS. You can get a Real Estate agent to show you the properties on the MLS.

Old 05-09-2011, 06:36 PM

3,863 posts, read 9,519,321 times
There is also a Bolles School Campus in PVB on ATP Tour Blvd right next to the ATP Tennis Tour complex

Old 05-09-2011, 08:25 PM

14,617 posts, read 21,517,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ant0nior View Post
Thanks for the information guys. We have arranged a visit to the Bolles School, PVB campus, for a week on Friday. We have read good things about the school, so we will be looking around that area, or within a reasonable driving distance.

Can anyone recommend a realtor that they have/have heard good experiences with/from? As we don't know the area really well, someone with good knowledge is important. I have previously vacationed in the area with a friend who's parents owned a place in PVB. Does realtor.com usually have all the available mls listings on their site?

Thanks for your help!
This coming Friday? Please consider changing the date. The Players' golf tournament (biggest purse in golf) is this week - and traffic will be murder in PVB starting on Thursday. To get to Bolles PVB - you'll be on the road to the main parking for the tournament. No fun IMO.

I can recommend Dee Walker. I think she's now at Sotheby's (which bought out a local firm perhaps a year or so ago). She's been around for a long time. Is knowledgeable and nice.

Based on my experience - realtor.com has all the MLS listings. Robyn

Old 05-10-2011, 09:43 AM

615 posts, read 1,714,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robyn55 View Post
This coming Friday? Please consider changing the date. The Players' golf tournament (biggest purse in golf) is this week - and traffic will be murder in PVB starting on Thursday. To get to Bolles PVB - you'll be on the road to the main parking for the tournament. No fun IMO.

I was wondering when and how crazy it's going to get. I noticed all the signs for parking etc went up last week, so I anticipated crowds, but today and yesterday didn't seem bad. Does it get crazier as the week goes by? Like bad enough that you wouldn't go anywhere near PVB this weekend??

Old 05-10-2011, 10:07 AM

3,863 posts, read 9,519,321 times
If you dont live out there, or are going to the Players avoid it at all cost if you can, its a zoo. Starting Thursday 5-12 to Sunday 5-15 from about 7am to 7pm
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville