Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2007, 03:02 PM

46 posts, read 158,741 times

Advertisements

for all you mom and dads are you all looking forward to kids going back to school or wish they could stay out longer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2007, 10:07 PM
I95

62 posts, read 283,443 times
Well, for the first time since my kids have been school age, I can honestly say that I wish we had at least a week longer before school starts.

They didn't have much of a vacation for about 30 days after school closed. Now, we're on vacation and due to hit "The Sunshine State" next week. This really leaves little time for the kids to have any fun in our new state.

Old 08-05-2007, 10:02 AM

895 posts, read 4,249,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I95 View Post
Well, for the first time since my kids have been school age, I can honestly say that I wish we had at least a week longer before school starts.

They didn't have much of a vacation for about 30 days after school closed. Now, we're on vacation and due to hit "The Sunshine State" next week. This really leaves little time for the kids to have any fun in our new state.
Starting school right after we moved worked out great for my kids. They didn't have any down time to miss all their old friends and activities because they jumped right into new. The great thing about Florida is that it'll be so warm (hot) for the next few months, they'll have plenty of opportunities to swim and play after school (unless they're enrolled in a million activities)

Old 08-05-2007, 10:06 AM

458 posts, read 599,294 times
We home school so it isn't an issue. They have their tennis and soccer friends to socialize with. I can't understand people that send the kids away to summer camp. You only get a short time with them before they want to do their own thing. I certainly don't want to miss weeks in the summer with them now.

Old 08-05-2007, 05:10 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,217,262 times
Is this a trick question?!

ELEVEN MORE DAYS!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew in the house View Post
for all you mom and dads are you all looking forward to kids going back to school or wish they could stay out longer

Old 08-05-2007, 11:53 PM
I95

62 posts, read 283,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereinfla View Post
Is this a trick question?!

ELEVEN MORE DAYS!!!!!!!
ACKKKK!!!

Please don't reind me. My kids were enrolled in a uniform school. So, school shopping used to be a breeze. Now that they can wear "regular" gear, I have to find all the deals. Never had to do that before.

Old 08-06-2007, 02:32 PM

13 posts, read 45,585 times
My daughter doesn't start school till 8/24, so we still have a decent amount of time. We moved here at the beginning of July, so we've had a good amount of time to get acclimated and ready. I am looking forward to it more for her since she's starting dance at Bartram Trail and so excited about that. We homeschool our youngest, so it does help him to get on track when she's out at school. I'm also excited just to get to know a whole new culture at a whole new school, as well and all the friends I know she'll make. She's going to be the inaugural class in the brand new 9th grade academy they just built, so that's another thing to look forward to. So really, I'm not sure which of us is more excited! LOL My husband and I work from home, so I know we'll be ready to ambush her with questions on how the first day went the minute she walks in the door!

Old 08-06-2007, 11:42 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,217,262 times
I know what you mean. Mine are just starting in a private school. The uniforms seemed expensive, but I took them both to the uniform shop and the women there could not have been more helpful. Determined their sizes, then just went down the list- I'll take two in blue, two in khaki, etc.... it was great and the total bill was probably a little less than I normally spend.

Then there is the school supply list- that was almost as much of an ordeal than the clothes.... at their new school, I can just pay a fee and everything will be in a bag waiting for them. With all the time I am saving...I can work more to help pay for their tuition- LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by I95 View Post
ACKKKK!!!

Please don't reind me. My kids were enrolled in a uniform school. So, school shopping used to be a breeze. Now that they can wear "regular" gear, I have to find all the deals. Never had to do that before.

Old 08-07-2007, 09:25 AM

46 posts, read 158,741 times
do you think it's better to have school uniforms or not

advantages or disadvantages

I would say as a kid no uniforms but as an adult I would think yes to them

yes or no and reasons
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville