Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2011, 08:43 AM

5 posts, read 9,081 times

Advertisements

Are there any affordable moms mornings out programs in jacksonville? Where i am now our local Y has a program for 4 hours for 13 dollars for members.... come and go at will. No mandates on how many times you have to use it per week or month. The only thing i could find online in jacksonville was 150 a month for 3 hours a week! Thats terrible!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2011, 10:52 AM

615 posts, read 1,712,417 times
Try some churches near you. That's where I've found the best luck with finding reasonable MMO programs.

Not sure where you're located or how old your child is, but my daughter goes to Ponte Vedra Presbyterian Church. She started there last year one day a week for 3 hours - it was $50 a month. I think they've changed the program a little this year, so I'm not sure what all they offer, but she loves it there and we've been really happy with the program.

Old 08-19-2011, 02:26 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,275,804 times
Riverside Presbyterian Church has a great MMO program: Riverside Presbyterian Church, Jacksonville, FL

As do some of local YMCA's: YMCA of Florida's First Coast

Old 08-22-2011, 01:53 PM

5 posts, read 9,081 times
The YMCA's said they dont have any moms morning out programs because of florida state laws and the cost involved in getting liscenced. I will look into those churches locations though! I think ponte vedra may be a little far (hubby is working at cecil field... havent found a location yet, but looking maybe orange park or somewhere around san marco/ortega... ... feel free to make suggestions on this too!).

As far as where to live, we're looking for somewhere that has character. Really safe. Good local parks. Not too far from the beach, not too far from work. Maybe halfway inbetween? Most concerned with a. safety, b. traffic (i dont drive in high traffic areas!) C. we dont want a place filled with strip malls....

Old 10-14-2015, 04:45 PM

1 posts, read 1,296 times
Smile Moms Morning Out Programs

Frank H. Peterson Academies of Technology--Early Childhood Education Academy has openings for three and four year old children. We provide a morning preschool program (three and four year olds) 8:30 a.m. until 12:00 noon. Children receive a nutritious mid-morning snack. Our program provides early childhood education students (high school students interested in a career in early childhood education/child care) with the opportunity to put their academic knowledge to practice by implementing developmentally appropriate learning activities for preschool age children.

Our philosophy is based on the social constructivist learning theories of Vygotsky, Piaget, Bandur, Bruner, and Dewey. "Learning is perceived as an active, not passive process, where knowledge is constructed not acquired." We are also inspired by the Reggio Emilia approach which honors the child as protagonist, the teacher as researcher/co-learner and the parents as the first teacher. Children are viewed as competent, curious, full of knowledge, potential and interested in connecting to the world around them. Teachers are deeply aware of each child's potential and interests to create a learning environment that is rich in exploration and discovery. We believe learning occurs in a setting that is based on respect, responsibility and community.

Goals for our preschoolers:
Stimulate an interest in the world around them
Encourage them to observe, classify, experiment and discover
Develop gross and fine motor skills
Encourage communication and social skills
Foster independent choices and problem solving skills
Foster developmentally appropriate academic skills
Provide positive experiences that lead to success and promote positive self-esteem and self-image

Program Hours: Monday through Thursday 8:30 a.m. until 12:00 noon.
Cost: $5 per day/per child
Supply Fee: $10 per family

Lead teacher is a certified early childhood educator (Florida Dept of Education) and has all certifications required by the Florida Department of Children and Families.

Students have received the required 45 hours of DCF Parts 1 and 2 of training.

Please contact Angelica Lowe @ Frank H. Peterson Academies of Technology (904) 573-1150 X2402 or via email at lowea@duvalschools.org. We currently have openings for three and four year old children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville