Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 11:09 AM

2 posts, read 5,654 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avadan View Post
We too are going with DS Ware in Durbin Crossing! We made this decision after going to each of the builders in the area and seeing what they had to offer. Ultimately, we decided on the Tuscany and couldn't be happier with the floorplan. We have had the opposite experience of some of the posts I have read. We have made multiple changes up until the time of our plan review and were charged no fees. We were aware that if we made changes to the structure after plan review, fees would be applied. To date, our experience has been exceptional! I would love to hear any updates or responses from those of you that are currently building and/or living in a DS Ware home!

I too have had the best experience with DS Ware. I moved in 1 month ago and have had nothing but a positive response to any minor issues that have arisen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2012, 06:25 AM

8 posts, read 22,709 times
Default Neighbors

We may be neighbors! Did you move into north or south Durbin?

Old 05-23-2012, 06:54 PM

10 posts, read 28,327 times
Default Durbin North Newbuild

so, I have a few questions, we are new to the area. Potentially building with DS Ware, and have a few questions. Now, I work sales during the day, and everything is negotiable in my world. I was hoping you could give us some advise when negotiating extras, price, overal new build deal.

Please email me with any advise, and special deals you recieved, becuase of course we all would like to pay the least amount for the house, and get the most in it. I have heard new buyers have gotten all HOA fees paid for EVER, for example

any help would be great, we are looking at Tuscany II, on a 73' lot, by 180'

any advise, or personal experiences would be greatly appreciated

BenAmber -

Email: ben@oemlaundryparts.com

Old 06-07-2012, 12:02 PM

1 posts, read 2,674 times
We just moved into a DS Ware (Tuscany II) home in April2012 in Durbin South. At first glance, the house is beautiful from inside and out. After moving in quite a number of issues. Didnt appear to be any quality control on the job site when house was being built. Floors are unleveled, Stucco falling off with the rain, Dishwasher not working,etc. The builder has however, been quick to respond and fix our issues during the 1st few weeks. Just put in Warranty request for the big stuff, I'll let you all know how that goes.

Old 06-07-2012, 12:15 PM

NoReferralFromMe,
We had some things go wrong too but considering that people build the homes, it was expected. We too received quick response to our nominal issues. Regardless of the builder, no home will be perfect and I had that expectation going into this. We have built three other times before, all of which were different builders, and DS Ware was the best by far and the most responsive to our requests and issues. Hope things improve for you.

Old 06-07-2012, 03:54 PM

14,617 posts, read 21,490,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoReferralFromMe View Post
We just moved into a DS Ware (Tuscany II) home in April2012 in Durbin South. At first glance, the house is beautiful from inside and out. After moving in quite a number of issues. Didnt appear to be any quality control on the job site when house was being built. Floors are unleveled, Stucco falling off with the rain, Dishwasher not working,etc. The builder has however, been quick to respond and fix our issues during the 1st few weeks. Just put in Warranty request for the big stuff, I'll let you all know how that goes.
Don't forget that apart from any "home warranty" you may have - you have a right to sue/arbitrate a claim against the builder as well (depending on what your contract says). Keep track of the statute of limitations that applies with regard to any claim against the builder. Robyn

Old 06-09-2012, 05:22 AM

10 posts, read 28,327 times
thank you for your responses, we are building a tuscany II on lot 44, i think its north. We are toying with the idea of a pool with a screened in pourch. I know there was almost ZERO negotiating with the house price, will it be the same with the pool. It would be nice to move in and be ALL DONE, and not have to wait and have construction going on after we move in, building the pool to save 5-8 grand.

1 - more question, any upgrades you WISH YOU did, we are looking for your opinions on what to do, what you would have DS WARE do, and what you would do yourself, if you were to build again.

(EX)- lights in kitchen, $250 sounds like a fair price for 3 pengilum lights, or is it I dont really now/

any advice would be great

Old 06-09-2012, 06:00 AM

Default Upgrades

Since this was the third house we've built we had a pretty good idea of what we wanted. Upgrades I could not live without were the backsplash in kitchen, floor outlet in the den ( make sure it is put in the right place, pendant light, recessed lights, extension of the bac porch, blinks in the door of lanai, utility tub, pre wired for surround sound and speakers on lania, landscape lighting prewire, and my personal fav two shower heads in master with accent tile. Those are some that I like the most. I did not price elsewhere. Good luck with the pool! And the home!

Old 07-23-2012, 02:20 PM

98 posts, read 207,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avadan View Post
Since this was the third house we've built we had a pretty good idea of what we wanted. Upgrades I could not live without were the backsplash in kitchen, floor outlet in the den ( make sure it is put in the right place, pendant light, recessed lights, extension of the bac porch, blinks in the door of lanai, utility tub, pre wired for surround sound and speakers on lania, landscape lighting prewire, and my personal fav two shower heads in master with accent tile. Those are some that I like the most. I did not price elsewhere. Good luck with the pool! And the home!
What are "blinks in door of lanai"?

Old 07-23-2012, 03:35 PM

3,863 posts, read 9,508,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurmann2000 View Post
What are "blinks in door of lanai"?
Blinks are probably blinds, as in built in blinds. At least that's the way i'm interpretting it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville