Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 07:47 PM

14 posts, read 49,505 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone, I am in great need of help. I have recently taken a Job in St. Agustine, Florida and because I had a very short time period to find a place to live I took a very small apt. in downtown, but the place is too small and the rent is too high for what I have. I been looking here in St. Agustine, but many of the apartments have a restriction on salary which limits my search here in St. Agustine.

I would like to find an apt. within reasonable distance from St. Agustine. I don't mind driving 15-20 minutes.Does anyone have any suggestions?. I thought about south of Jacksonville, but I dont know where to look exaclty. Please help me.

Last edited by mjc6584; 08-13-2007 at 07:55 PM.. Reason: needed more info
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2007, 09:24 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,220,933 times
When you say a "restriction on salary" do you mean on the high end or the low end? There are apartments built with bond money that must rent to low income families. Or do you mean that they require you to earn a certain income threshold, ie: at least $X?

Old 08-13-2007, 10:47 PM

Default Need an apt??? help!!!

Hi, Thank you for responding. The salary restriction is for apartments that must rent to low income families. I don't qualify because I make more than the income requires.

I feel that my options are very limited here in St. Agustine.

Old 08-14-2007, 12:45 PM

8,200 posts, read 35,471,642 times
There are a lot of condo rentals in St. Augustine. Usually they are by private owners, so you'd have to search in the paper.

If you were going to relocate to Jacksonville and commute to St. Augustine, you could go in a few different directions.

You could look into the Baymeadows area (search for Baymeadows Road & Southside Blvd). Lots of apartments here. You could travel straight down I95 to St. Augustine.

You could look into the Intracoastal West area (search for Hodges Blvd, San Pablo Road, Beach Blvd, Atlantic Blvd). Lots of apartments here too. You could travel down 9A and then south on US1 to St. Augustine.

These are probably the 2 areas in Jax with plenty of apartment choices clustered together, but your commute would be more than 20 minutes to get into downtown St. Augustine (closer to 50 or 60 minutes).

Old 08-14-2007, 04:24 PM

2 posts, read 7,384 times
Hey,

you should think about moving over towards tinseltown or st. johns center. It is on the southside of jacksonville. There are tons of apartments and condos to rent and the area is very nice. It is close to everything. You should be able to find something nice there.

Old 08-14-2007, 06:19 PM

Zach,

Thank you for the advise. How would I get to Tinseltown or St. Johns Center. I am still learning my way around. Do I need to take I-95? Where should I exit?

Thank you for the advise.

Mia

Old 08-14-2007, 06:23 PM

Riveree,

Thank you for the advise. I will start looking at the newspaper, I did not think about that. A commute of 50 or 60 minutes would be to time consuming, not to mention lots of gas, but you have giving me hope with the newspaper idea.

Thank you,

Mia

Old 08-14-2007, 09:16 PM

497 posts, read 1,567,808 times
I am looking to relocate to FL from ME (still) I am probably a year or 2 away from being able to afford the move but one place I was looking at is here...
Stone Cove Apartments (broken link)

The apartments are small and there are pretty much no amenities (no pool, no dishwasher, no fitness room, etc.) But going on a couple reviews from apartmentratings.com there is no bug problem as they keep up on the pest control. All the apartments are single story townhouse apartments. The price seems reasonable too. So it might be worth checking out. I am not vouching for how great this place is because I haven't been there but it's something to check out if you haven't already tried this place out.

Old 08-14-2007, 10:21 PM

8,200 posts, read 35,471,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjc6584 View Post
Zach,

Thank you for the advise. How would I get to Tinseltown or St. Johns Center. I am still learning my way around. Do I need to take I-95? Where should I exit?

Thank you for the advise.

Mia

St. John's Town Center: You could take either US1/Phillips Hgwy or I95 north, get onto 9A north/beaches and exit on "Town Center Parkway/UNF" - go left at the end of the ramp and this will land you in St. John's Town Center.

Once you orient yourself in the Town Center, to the NorthEast is the area I mentioned above - Intracoastal West - and there are apartments there (work your way to Beach Blvd). To the Southwest of the Town Center is the Tinseltown/Baymeadows area (look for Gate Parkway to head into that direction). Be forewarned - these are winding confusing roads - you might want to bring a map .

Old 08-14-2007, 11:54 PM

Talking bring a map... sound like a very good idea!

uy! uy! uy! I guess I will bring a map a plenty of gas just in case I get lost. Thanks for the tip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by riveree View Post
St. John's Town Center: You could take either US1/Phillips Hgwy or I95 north, get onto 9A north/beaches and exit on "Town Center Parkway/UNF" - go left at the end of the ramp and this will land you in St. John's Town Center.

Once you orient yourself in the Town Center, to the NorthEast is the area I mentioned above - Intracoastal West - and there are apartments there (work your way to Beach Blvd). To the Southwest of the Town Center is the Tinseltown/Baymeadows area (look for Gate Parkway to head into that direction). Be forewarned - these are winding confusing roads - you might want to bring a map .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville