Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2012, 10:07 PM

9 posts, read 12,638 times

Advertisements

I am at the end of my rope. I've been going through a divorce since late 2009, and doing it myself. I became ill in late 2010 with a life-threatening illness and was not capable of making discovery or any other movement on the case in 2011.

I've been living on air, as my husband has chosen to disobey the order for support when literally my life depends on that support. I got myself together as much as I could and filed a Motion for Contempt on Jan 4.

Last week, he had a lawyer (that is not the lawyer of record), call me and threaten to cancel my health insurance if I don't accept the amount of support he WANTS to give me, or in the alternative just stay married. How ignorant was that move? While in contempt to the tune of $9050? Really?

The Family Law Office has been of no help to me for the last two years, and in face, slow everything up. In order to get a hearing, I have to go through that office. I left an envelope for my caseworker when I filed the contempt order, and yesterday I was dropping of copies of a motion for a case management conference, and when I walked in, my envelope from last week was still sitting in her box. When I asked the bailiff if I could add papers to the envelope, he informed me that his list says I left it for the wrong caseworker. That office is in a MESS!!!!!

I'm sorry I'm rambling...

On my temporary support order the Judge states she will award attorney's fees if I make the proper motion. I haven't done that, but now I need to. I can do this myself except for the setting up hearings part. Unlike a lawyer, I can't just call and make it happen. It took 10 months to get my EMERGENCY support hearing. We have no debt and no property. The only issue is alimony and his refusal to obey the court order.

Tomorrow a payment is due; he's not answering calls or texts, so that means he has no intention of paying me. I just can't go another payday without money for food, medication, rent or transportation. I've worried myself in the past few days whether I'm going to be one of those old people that has to eat catfood.

I'm perfectly capable of doing my own paperwork, but I need a lawyer to make me understand that I sound like a crazy woman talking about catfood, and I need to stay focused on my goal.

I used to be a whole person; I'm nothing now but a sick, weak, very mentally ill 59 y/o without hope. I've developed social phobia to the point I can't even face anyone in the grocery store; I haven't spoken to anyone outside of my family and my doctors for 2 years. I'm afraid that everyone knows about me...that I gave 150% of myself raising 6 children and catering to a man that physically and emotionally abused me for almost 30 years, was leading a double life, and now he's financially abusing me.

Does anyone know an agressive lawyer that would help me get awarded attorney's fees so I could hire them to get this case over with?

This is going to kill me. Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated. Thank you,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2012, 11:54 PM

216 posts, read 952,451 times
Here we go again. Call 1-800- As*-Gar*.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville