Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: City Data ranks Jacksonville FL
Jacksonville is a great city, yes I would live there. 38 37.25%
Jacksonville is a terrible city, I would never live there. 20 19.61%
Jacksonville is pretty much middle of the pack, nothing special. 37 36.27%
I have no opinion of Jacksonville, not sure where it is exactly. 7 6.86%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 12:41 PM

282 posts, read 634,339 times

Advertisements

Curious to know what the average minds on city data think about the city of Jacksonville FL. Would you live there? if so why or why not? Have you ever been there before? What were your likes and dislikes of it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2011, 03:01 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,149,869 times
I personally didn't like Jacksonville at all the three times I stayed their for a visit. My cousin lives their and is in love with it. I just didn't get what she got. It seemed (and maybe I'm wrong) like the there were alot of areas in Jacksonville that were hillbilly white trash. Seriously, and not trying to be mean, but I would see guys with half the teeth in their mouth walking around with a beer in one hand and a gun in the other. Especially in the trailer park areas of Jacksonville. The dowtown left much, make that everything to be desired. Sad, very sad downtown. Hardly any pedestrian activity at all. Inadequate transportation. Everything took an hour to get anywhere and the beach thing just doesn't do it for me. So from my personal experience, I was not fond at all of Jacksonville. I also hate the humidity. In my time there, I just never seen anything great about it. She wanted me to move there with her and I was like no way jose'. Sorry I bashed it so much. But you asked for our true feelings. I've been up and down the eastern seabord, from Maine to florida as well as all the way to California and everywhere in between. There are two cities I could have never seen myself living in. One is actually Jacksonville and the other is Cleveland. Sorry, but you asked. But for the record she loved it and couldn't see living anywhere else. She likes to tell us all back in NY how she runs on the beaches in the morning. I think personally she is full of poop because she lives a forty five minute drive from the beach and I can't imagine her giving up an hour and a half a morning before work just to run..So Angela (my cousins name) me thinks your are full of poop....

Old 09-14-2011, 04:34 PM

20,514 posts, read 33,519,512 times
I don't consider it a bad city. Just a city I don't prefer.

Old 09-14-2011, 04:36 PM

908 posts, read 1,828,719 times
If you must move to Florida make it Miami or Ft. Lauderdale. The rest of the Florida cities are bland culturless sub division holes.

Old 09-14-2011, 06:49 PM

7,731 posts, read 14,357,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJPhilliesPhan View Post
If you must move to Florida make it Miami or Ft. Lauderdale. The rest of the Florida cities are bland culturless sub division holes.
LOL! What an informed, well thought out post. The term "one note wonder" comes to mind.

Old 09-14-2011, 08:10 PM

16,508 posts, read 26,291,623 times
I like Jacksonville, I would also move there. I couldn't stay that long, though. Nice city, nothing extraordinary about it. My favorite things are the rivers, lakes, and beaches. I love looking out over vast bodies of water.

Old 09-14-2011, 08:36 PM

4,836 posts, read 12,003,827 times
When I think Jacksonville I think ehhh. It is not the worst place in the world. But it is so large and spread out. I cant really imagine living there but it also would be better then living in Lincoln Nebraska or El Paso.
I am trying to think if I had to make a list of cities in Florida I would want to live in where it would be places. Miami, Orlando, Tampa first then I think it is a close fight for 4th with Key West, Jacksonville and Tallahassee.

Old 09-15-2011, 07:13 PM

7,731 posts, read 14,357,654 times
What people don't realize about Jacksonville is the fact that this was Florida's "big city" for years, and the place has great bones.

There are some absolutely gorgeous historic streetcar-developed neighborhoods near the core on both sides of the river. The best in my opinion are Riverside-Avondale and San Marco. Jacksonville has tons of charm if you know where to look.

Riverside Avondale Preservation

MySanMarco.com | San Marco - Historic Jacksonville Community

Old 09-15-2011, 09:42 PM

9,191 posts, read 33,876,421 times
Per the room sticky... city-specific topics belong in the room for that city, not "city vs city". Moving.

Old 09-16-2011, 10:49 AM

801 posts, read 1,512,891 times
Wow. I think this was put in the city vs city forum so people from everywehere could see it. It makes no sense for it to be in the Jacksonville forum. It won't get as many views.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville