Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2012, 01:41 PM

334 posts, read 662,953 times

Advertisements

My wife and I really liked St. Augustine, especially Anasthesia Island and I am thinking of retiring there. Can anyone give me a ballpark idea of housing prices? It is just my wife and I so we don't want anything large or fancy, and we dont care if it is near water or not. Any advice on what to look for, what to avoid, etc. would be most welcome. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2012, 03:16 PM

1,008 posts, read 2,635,992 times
Anastasia Island is a neat place to live Housing can be from late 100s up to several hundred thousand in Marsh Creek
Let us know size price range and we can help more
if it was me I would look at properties in a sub division where there are communal activities pools etc such as Commodores Club, Pelicans Reef, Seagrove, SeaPlace so you can meet people
Do you want a condo?

Old 02-18-2012, 04:55 PM

87 posts, read 255,717 times
Don't forget to factor in insurance costs...............it is an island, after all

Old 02-18-2012, 08:36 PM

1,071 posts, read 2,897,929 times
Go to St Augustine FL Homes for Sale, St Augustine FL Real Estate, New Homes for Sale, St Augustine FL Homes, Homes.StAugustine.com click on search by zipcode when new window appears click on 32080. Anastasia Island has its own zipcode and it is 32080. You will see a huge variety of homes from manufactured homes that are under $100,000 to houses that are several million dollars. Once you have searched and determined what would work for you, ask about specific areas in the forum or tell us a price range and what you are looking for in a home and neighborhood. Newer homes will cost you less in insurance and homes located within St. Augustine city limits have higher property taxes and utilities. The more amenities in a neighborhood, then naturally higher HOA fees.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville