Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 07:14 PM

1 posts, read 2,490 times

Advertisements

Hey punjabimunda,

I sent you a Direct Message, but I moved from Jacksonville to New Jersey last year for a company and could probably provide some good comparisons for you in the area.

I know that when my company did a large migration down to Jax, a lot of people with families went to St. John's County because of the schools and suburban atmosphere. Also, people from New Jersey expect a 30-45 minute commute to their jobs so it seems reasonable.

The Southside area has a lot of young people and if you're interested, you might want to check out Cape House, which is about halfway between the beach and Southside Ave.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2007, 12:59 AM

2 posts, read 4,889 times
Default Sorry to correct you...

I'm sorry to have to correct you here but...

JTB is Jay Turner Butler Blvd, not John

Quote:
Originally Posted by riveree View Post
SJTC = The Saint John's Town Center

It's our newest shopping center, designed like an outdoor town center with 1 million square feet of retail once completed (Phase II will open this fall, then there will be a final Phase III after that). It houses some very upscale shops that won't be found anywhere else in Jax/Jax area, so it's somewhat unique. it's been wildly popular and you'd probably enjoy living there at The Esplanade.

JTB = John Turner Butler Boulevard

This is an East-West highway connecting the Beaches to the Southside @ US1 (US1 also goes by the name of "Phillips Hgwy"). JTB is a common commuting path for many (other may use Atlantic Blvd or Beach Blvd as these also travel East-West).

Old 10-14-2007, 01:02 AM

2 posts, read 4,889 times
Default Another correction...sorry...

I'm sorry but...Southside is Blvd, not Ave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGator View Post
Hey punjabimunda,

I sent you a Direct Message, but I moved from Jacksonville to New Jersey last year for a company and could probably provide some good comparisons for you in the area.

I know that when my company did a large migration down to Jax, a lot of people with families went to St. John's County because of the schools and suburban atmosphere. Also, people from New Jersey expect a 30-45 minute commute to their jobs so it seems reasonable.

The Southside area has a lot of young people and if you're interested, you might want to check out Cape House, which is about halfway between the beach and Southside Ave.

Old 10-14-2007, 04:20 AM

1,658 posts, read 4,738,324 times
Coming from NJ (the toll capital of the US) to Jacksonville, the first thing you'll notice is the fact that they are no tolls. Even in Orlando my friends can't believe that we can thrive without those annoying highway tolls.

Old 10-14-2007, 04:57 AM

1,669 posts, read 6,237,199 times
I would look for somebody renting out a condo that they own over looking at apartment complexes. Many times you end up having better neighbors in my experience. You can find a nice 2 bedroom in somewhere like The Reserve at Point Meadows for around $1000/month.

Old 10-14-2007, 05:08 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,130,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moving123456 View Post
I would look for somebody renting out a condo that they own over looking at apartment complexes. Many times you end up having better neighbors in my experience. You can find a nice 2 bedroom in somewhere like The Reserve at Point Meadows for around $1000/month.
there is also "Point Meadows Place",right across the street, I have seen reasonable rentals there.

Both in a very nice area right near a grade "A" elementary and middle schools with a new high school going up in the next couple years

Old 10-15-2007, 01:22 PM

8,200 posts, read 35,471,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxgirl View Post
I'm sorry to have to correct you here but...

JTB is Jay Turner Butler Blvd, not John
Hmmmm.......

I know it's often called "J. Turner Butler", but I've never seen "Jay", that's a first for me.

According to Wikipedia, it's actually "James" (and I always thought his name was John.....oh, well !):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SR_202_(FL)

(For those new to the area, just say "JTB" - everyone will know what you mean )

Old 10-15-2007, 05:56 PM

2,689 posts, read 3,969,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cricketfan View Post
Coming from NJ (the toll capital of the US) to Jacksonville, the first thing you'll notice is the fact that they are no tolls. Even in Orlando my friends can't believe that we can thrive without those annoying highway tolls.
there may be no tolls but gas is 30 to 40 cents a gallon higher in FLA than nj

Old 10-16-2007, 03:33 PM

31 posts, read 143,204 times
Welcome to Jax! My family and I live in the area (near southside/baymeadows) and it's a nice side of town. You may also want to check apartments in Mandarin (eg Greenland) or near Sunbeam as this is not too far and may give you more price range options. Good luck

Old 12-10-2007, 08:06 PM

1 posts, read 2,344 times
I live at the Esplanade at SJTC and I would like to advise you of a serious mold problem. After doing some research online, it appears many real estate agents have already been aware of the problem, but my boyfriend and I were not. It's terrible and the most disgusting thing I have ever seen.... the developer seems to have known this problem could occur because scaffolding now covers the building as they make repairs that probably cause the mold. Shoes, clothing, and my peace of mind have been ruined. Beware!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville