Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2012, 08:21 PM

13 posts, read 25,226 times

Advertisements

Sorry wrong quote but yeah thanks...lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2012, 02:00 PM

8 posts, read 65,983 times
I'm moving there June 1st as well! I'm transferring through my job and I'm got a place lined up. This will be my first time moving to Florida, but I'm looking for a change. Once I get done with school, I can see myself moving further south in Florida. Anywho, I'm looking forward for this move!

Good luck to those moving to Jax.

Old 05-07-2012, 02:29 PM

2,740 posts, read 5,508,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madcapmagishion View Post
Note; This week will not be a real good week to visit the South Jax Beach/Ponte Vedra area due to The Players Championship being held in Ponte Vedra. And thousands of golf fans being in the area and primarily lost down there. Think lot's of traffic and roads not really designed for it.
so i shouldn't go to Barbara Jean's for Mothers Day brunch?

Old 05-07-2012, 02:38 PM

219 posts, read 510,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsquid View Post
Dang... now I'm wanting me some crab-cakes and that bread! Their bread is so good!

Old 05-07-2012, 03:46 PM

3,863 posts, read 9,511,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsquid View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMikey View Post
Dang... now I'm wanting me some crab-cakes and that bread! Their bread is so good!
Probably not...we went to Barbara Jean's last year after play concluded on Friday and when we got there, were told it was a 90 minute wait ... I don't wait 90 minutes no matter where it is ... So we left for home and while driving through Nocatee we decided to go to CheeseCake Factory, got right in. Fun time had by all.

During TPC week, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday (Mothers Day) are probably the worst days to try and go to Barbara Jean's or Lulu's, or anywhere in South Jax Beach or Ponte Vedra. Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday are probably a little better.

Last edited by madcapmagishion; 05-07-2012 at 05:13 PM..

Old 05-07-2012, 04:01 PM

13 posts, read 25,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jts123fisher View Post
I'm moving there June 1st as well! I'm transferring through my job and I'm got a place lined up. This will be my first time moving to Florida, but I'm looking for a change. Once I get done with school, I can see myself moving further south in Florida. Anywho, I'm looking forward for this move!

Good luck to those moving to Jax.

Good luck to you, jts123fisher as well. I have to wait til my current lease is up in september but i'll be right behind you

Old 05-07-2012, 06:27 PM

705 posts, read 1,575,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libra112 View Post
I'm seriously thinking about putting all my trust in GOD (as always) and leaving everything behind and moving to Jacksonville for a fresh start. Right now I live in metro Atlanta and feel there's nothing here left for me. I just really want a different surrounding. I'm in school but my classes are all online. Both my children are all grown up and I'm single. Oh did I mention I love being near the beach? Any opinions? I can take constructive criticism but please don't be offensive...thanks in advance.
Wow. Save the information regarding the Players and the resulting local congestion, I don't know if I've ever seen a thread so lacking in actual information both from the OP and in the replies. To quote Stuart Scott of ESPN, "I'm not sayin', just sayin'.

Anyway,.. for starters, I'm a little confused. What do you mean by "Any opinions?"? Do you mean opinions on picking up and moving to a new area or opinions on where to live or opinions on whether or not there really was a big bang or whether gas is going to keep going down or who should be the next president or what? The question is a little vague. I'm sure there are many other possibilities, but here's my opinion on the ones mentioned.

If you mean opinions on picking up and moving to a new area, go for it! I've done it at least 5 times myself. Not counting about the same number of times my family did when I was a kid. If you don't like where you end up or get tired of it, move again. No biggie.

If you meant opinions on where to live:
Are you looking to rent or buy?
Do you want a house or an apartment?
Do you have pets?
What's your price range?
Are you looking for a quiet, family type neighborhood or more of a singles area? Do you want an older more historic place or something newer?

If you meant opinions on being near the beach, yeah, the beach is nice. I totally agree with you.

If you meant opinions on whether gas is going to keep going down, I HOPE SO! I'm working in Avon Park and gas is as low as $3.49 here! Pretty cool!

If you meant opinions on The Big Bang, I definitely believe there was one and I also believe the universe is expanding AND may eventually contract and cause another Big Bang if the total mass isn't enough to continue it's outward momentum beyond the gravitational pull. In other words, the whole thing may be cyclical.

If you meant who should be the next president, I'm a democrat so I guess I'll give Mr. Obama another shot to get it right. I like him and he's a lot better than the alternative anyway.

Last edited by abvavgjoe; 05-07-2012 at 07:22 PM..

Old 05-07-2012, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldridge View Post
This is what I did and everything fell into place. As of June 1st J-Ville will be my new home.
How can you say everything fell into place when you haven't found a place to live and you're not even here yet?

Old 05-07-2012, 07:45 PM

37 posts, read 96,694 times
abvavgjoe;24201210]How can you say everything fell into place when you haven't found a place to live and you're not even here yet?

Meaning dont question it just do it. The biggest task is finding a job with a screwed up ecomony once this is accomplished everything else will follow. So what im not there yet oh my shot me.

Old 05-07-2012, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldridge View Post
abvavgjoe;24201210]How can you say everything fell into place when you haven't found a place to live and you're not even here yet?

Meaning dont question it just do it. The biggest task is finding a job with a screwed up ecomony once this is accomplished everything else will follow. So what im not there yet oh my shot me.
If you're going to continue to write, you might want to look into improving your grammar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville