Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2012, 08:12 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,296,370 times

Advertisements

Here's what you missed (or enjoyed) in the Springfield historic district over the past few months . . .

Annual July 4th Throwback Baseball Game

http://myspringfield.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1980

This was a lot of fun. Lots of great photos too.

Midsummer's Eve Spirit Gathering

I didn't go, but these photos are pretty nuts.
MySpringfield.org • View topic - Hippies in the park.

"The Convert" short film

This short noir film was made. The Convert on Vimeo

Classic Car Main Street Cruise

This was the first one, and it was pretty darn awesome. I'm not even a car person. These happen now the 4th Saturday of every month. Here's the event page with all the on-going details Historic Springfield Main Street Cruise | Facebook

and many pictures Photos | jacksonville.com

and news video DataSphere Article Player

Spring Home & Garden Tour

Good times.

Springfield's 2012 Home & Garden Tour This Weekend | Metro Jacksonville

Pictures 2012 Spring Home & Garden Tour - myspringfield's Photos

Neighborhood Maintenance Survey

Documenting cracked sidewalks, graffeti, tree stumps, etc that need to be fixed by the city. 100 volunteers showed up.

Times-Union story about it Volunteers on the prowl for visual blight in Springfield | jacksonville.com

And, of course, the 2 tropical storms. No homes harmed, just flooded roads and parks.

Among other things.

So there ya go.

Last edited by fsu813; 07-11-2012 at 08:21 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2012, 02:29 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,296,370 times
FYI.

The Main Street Cruise mentioned above, has really taken off.

Literally thousands of people come from all over North/Central Florida and South Georgia every month for this thing....it's crazy.

You can follow the event here: Historic Springfield Main Street Cruise | Facebook and a little media coverage here: First Coast Gears: Cruisers return to Main Street in Jacksonville's Historic Springfield | firstcoastnews.com

Here's some photos -

Old 09-29-2012, 06:04 PM

3,863 posts, read 9,531,086 times
In the almost 3 months since you first posted this thread and from the amount of replies posted on this thread (NONE)
it looks like your the only one in here who actually missed or enjoyed it!

Old 09-29-2012, 06:07 PM

2,740 posts, read 5,519,835 times
It's cool, went in August, but not something I'm going to do every month.

Old 09-29-2012, 09:02 PM

278 posts, read 666,427 times
Main St Cruise is pretty cool. I think if it were more widely promoted it would be a much bigger event, but maybe it's the size they want it. Anyway it's awesome to see the cars, and the people out enjoying themselves.

Old 09-30-2012, 08:58 AM

838 posts, read 1,880,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bativac View Post
... it's awesome to see the cars, and the people out enjoying themselves.
Exactly

Old 09-30-2012, 02:56 PM

Every Saturday night throughout the year old collector hot rods and musclecars are displayed somewhere in town.
I know that the first Saturday night of every month they all show up at the Merrill Rd Krystal Restaurant in Arlington.

Old 09-30-2012, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madcapmagishion View Post
Every Saturday night throughout the year old collector hot rods and musclecars are displayed somewhere in town.
I know that the first Saturday night of every month they all show up at the Merrill Rd Krystal Restaurant in Arlington.
Unfortunately, that decade long tradition is going to end ... at least that's what I heard from someone who works in the strip where the Krystal is ... Walmart is going to open up a grocery in the old Food Lion ... apparently Walmart bought the entire strip and is not going to allow the car shows to continue there ... another reason for me to hate Walmart

Old 09-30-2012, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkerclassof72 View Post
Unfortunately, that decade long tradition is going to end ... at least that's what I heard from someone who works in the strip where the Krystal is ... Walmart is going to open up a grocery in the old Food Lion ... apparently Walmart bought the entire strip and is not going to allow the car shows to continue there ... another reason for me to hate Walmart
Is Walmart going to deny Bono's Restaurant or Giddens Paint or Hot Wok customers the ability to park in "their" lot? Maybe the car people just need to move a mile east to the old Walmart store area where Big Lots is now plenty of parking down there.

Old 09-30-2012, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madcapmagishion View Post
Maybe the car people just need to move a mile east to the old Walmart store area where Big Lots is now plenty of parking down there.
I've heard that might become the new gathering place ... gonna cost Krystal's a lot of revenue
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville