Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2012, 03:28 PM

5 posts, read 16,073 times

Advertisements

Hi all!

My family and I recently visited Amelia Island/Fernandina Beach, and have pretty much decided on relocating there. My husband works in the aviation electronics business, and I am a full time student studying to become a Christian Family Therapist/Social Worker. I found several older posts from locals with some advice on relocating there, but some of the info seemed to be a little out of date. I was hoping some locals or others that have relocated to this area could possibly give me some more up-to-date info and advice. We aren't in a rush to move (it will probably be between February - May of 2013), but want to make sure we have our ducks in a row.

I have 2 boys, 15 and 3. My 15 year old is a baseball player, so my husband and I tried to research the baseball team for FBHS. Seems they have a good program. We also talked to a waiter at a local restaurant while we were there that had just graduated from there and also played ball. He had nothing but great things to say about it.

As with my 3 year old, how are the elementary schools in that area? He is currently attending the 3 year old program at a Christian school. Wondering if anything like that is offered there, also.

Any help or insight?

Thanks so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2012, 04:51 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,027,833 times
I answered you in the other thread.

Old 08-12-2012, 01:57 PM

5 posts, read 16,073 times
Thank you for the web site!

Old 02-24-2013, 03:46 PM

2 posts, read 9,938 times
Default Planning to relocate my family and business to Amelia Island. Any info or advice would be appreciated

Hello All,

I am a Personal Chef. I am married and we have a little girl that we plan to home school when she is of age. We just got back from Amelia Island and fell in love with it! I would love to transplant my business from New Jersey to the area and have a fresh start for our family.

Is there is enough to do to keep a busy wife and toddler busy?

My other concern is that I will be able to obtain a solid client base, my service is a commodity and is pretty high end. I will bring some business with me from NJ and around the country as well. I don't need a ton of clients because of the nature of my business (5-10 a week).

Any advice or input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dan

Old 02-24-2013, 04:28 PM

5,210 posts, read 6,142,795 times
Not to sure about the personal chef angle although we are slowly making a comeback here tourist wise from the housing bust and recession. The Omni is spending a tremendous amount of money to bring about a world class resort on their property which include the Plantation that includes a lot of high end property's. The south end of the island is home to some of the most expensive property's (1m and up). Research should help you see if you can find a niche.........right now there is a bit of canabilism going on with the local restaurant scene as we have an abundance of mom and pop type restaurants trying to flourish and some long time restaurants have closed...Beech Street Grille, and a few smaller shops.

My wife has been home with our twins since they were born 4 years ago and she finds plenty to do with them out and about.......good luck and welcome

Old 02-24-2013, 04:54 PM

2 posts, read 9,938 times
thank you very much! we drove to the south side on our way to visit family in daytona and saw some amazing houses! Being I will be bringing some business with me I think/hope I can make it fly. Have to plan out my exit strategy and sell over the next year. cant wait for the change of pace and to live somewhere so beautiful
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville