Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 08:07 PM

7 posts, read 17,883 times

Advertisements

Considering on moving with my wife here very shortly. Going to visit in the next week or so. There is one townhouse right down the street from sandalwood high that i'm focused in on, but I'd like to know is this area SAFE? I have a 4 year old and a baby on the way. And if not where's a good area? Closer to the beaches less crime? What beach is the best for overall pleasure and no crime....Thank you in advance...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2013, 09:18 PM

64 posts, read 163,782 times
Bad idea, especially since you have a 4 yr old. That is not an area with desirable schools.

Old 02-13-2013, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctown83 View Post
Bad idea, especially since you have a 4 yr old. That is not an area with desirable schools.

I looked up the crime stats didn't look bad at all.....Did I miss something? Some more info would be great thanks guys...
Only probably going to live in JAX maybe 2 years so the schools aren't biggest concern. Just the general area of the people and if the crime is bad, but thought from the statistics it was just regular everyday stuff, not much violent crime like in other areas of JAX? But please all the info would be great because we need to know.

Old 02-13-2013, 10:12 PM

448 posts, read 829,002 times
The Sandlewood area is not really anybodies first choice as a great neighborhood. While it may not be as bad as say the northwest quadrant, it is in a declining area that doesnt show much chance of getting noticeably better in the foreseeable future.

Old 02-14-2013, 03:24 PM

Visited today, liked the idea it was only 3 miles from the St Johns Town Square. Seems to be on the edge of a good neighborhood and a somewhat sketch area. But the crime stats with the PD doesn't show the specific neighborhood or ones around them having much action, besides just reg domestic stuff here and there and some property damage...

Old 02-15-2013, 08:00 AM

37 posts, read 95,247 times
If you have visited and you are looking for a second opinon then I cant help you. I visited a friend there and within seconds of driving in that area. I made sure the doors were locked, the windows were up and was glad I had a full tank of gas. Not a safe and nice looking neigborhood.

Old 02-16-2013, 08:09 PM

Was hoping to get some locals that actually live in that area. It's like 2-3 miles from St Johns Town Center with all the shops and like 2-3mi from UNF. The neighborhood is kinda off a main street, only big landmark I saw was like a mosque (Islamic center) so was hoping some locals could tell me more than just the data from the PD stats and things like that....Not sure where you were at wacktool in Sandalwood because where I drove through was middle class looked like, wasn't ghetto looking and this is from a guy who was born and raised right outside Philadelphia. Ideally we'd like to be on the beach but its about 300 per mo rent wise more than we can realistically afford. Max right now is about 1100 per month for a 3 bedroom.

Old 02-16-2013, 08:25 PM

448 posts, read 829,002 times
You have already decided that you want to be in that area and are just looking for confirmation of your decision. Everyone who has replied has been against the idea of moving there, so I guess we are all just wrong (go figure) and have no idea of what were talking about.

Good luck in your impending move.

Old 02-16-2013, 09:34 PM

37 posts, read 95,247 times
Alden road area. I'm trying to be nice but umm its not a clean/nice area

Old 02-17-2013, 03:59 PM

I definitely respect and appreciate the response of the locals who live in JAX. Where does everyone else live who's chimed in?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
View detailed profiles of: