Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2007, 08:47 PM

6 posts, read 6,961 times

Advertisements

The school scores are pretty disappointing, especially that state's averages..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2007, 10:21 AM

278 posts, read 910,317 times
Truthfully, it can be an issue of economics. If you can afford to live in a better neighborhood so your kids are friends with other kids less likely to get involved in drugs and crime, then you'll be fine. In my case, I lived in what was once a middle class area quickly going downhill. Between the drugs, violence, and high drop out rate...I ended up selling my house and moving to a more rural setting school. It made a major difference in my teenage kid's attitude towards school and life in general.

I agree totally with the poster who suggested checking out St Johns and Clay county school districts if you have teenage kids.

I also wanted to add that while my kids were elementary and middle school aged...I was very happy with the schools they attended in Jax Beach area.

Old 12-26-2007, 01:38 PM

5 posts, read 11,932 times
Default 2muchtodo

Our son attended Jacksonville University.... The areas on the beach line seem very nice such as Jax Beach but not the immediate area surrounding the University. He was told that there are many job opportunities in the city area. As far as schools for the kids, you can check out private schools if the public schools are inadequate -- that is if you can afford them. The We are thinking of relocating from Long Island, NY to Key Largo... any comments for that area. We have family in Broward County and know its much like Long Island. Kids are grown but we still need to do some sort of work.

Old 12-29-2007, 12:21 PM

8 posts, read 24,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellokitty12904 View Post
Hello All,

I'm looking into moving but ill be doing so with my two kids and grandmother. I feel the kids would have a better education and the cost of living wouldn't kill me. I'm still in school aiming for my masters but dont want to be overqualified for the job market..and how are the jobs in the healthfield beacause my grandma is a CNA..where do I start and what areas are already established for me to just movin and start my new life. How far (hrs) will i be from ATL? NC? NYC? in driving distance?
Moving on my own for the first time where do I start?
Is there an Airforce base in jax?
Camden County Georgia is 20 minutes from JAX. It as one of the best school systems areound. Directly off I95. Driving and flying to any where is very convenient. The NAS Jax but the Airforce base is in Valdosta, GA. Moody Air force Base. Camden is the Home of Naval Base Kings Bay

Last edited by 247rs; 12-29-2007 at 12:23 PM.. Reason: added information
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville