Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2013, 02:07 PM

27 posts, read 38,800 times

Advertisements

Hi there,

Heading to the Jax area in a few months and wanting to buy a condo, but unsure about the different parts of town. I am going to be stationed at the NAVSTA in Mayport, but definitely don't mind a little commute. I'm interested in a really nice property with nice pool / park areas and excellent security .. and maybe even close to the beach .. a more upscale part of the area would be preferred.

Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2013, 02:17 PM

195 posts, read 322,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrgee View Post
Hi there,

Heading to the Jax area in a few months and wanting to buy a condo, but unsure about the different parts of town. I am going to be stationed at the NAVSTA in Mayport, but definitely don't mind a little commute. I'm interested in a really nice property with nice pool / park areas and excellent security .. and maybe even close to the beach .. a more upscale part of the area would be preferred.

Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance!!
What's your price range?

Old 07-09-2013, 05:35 PM

I don't want to spend more than 125k; so, let's call it 80k - 125k. Thanks!!

Old 07-09-2013, 06:57 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,918,802 times
I love the beach and would always want to live there but I don't know the Jax beach area I know downtown 32202, San Marco 32207, Riverside/Avondale 32204/32205. Popular areas. I lived and worked in The Strand and Peninsula on the South bank in 32207 but have been all over this downtown/surrounding area with my dog walking business.

It's kind of a hike to Mayport but anyway...I did work for a couple guys from there so it must be pretty doable. I think they were divers so maybe their schedule was not an issue? About 30 to 40 minutes?

First of all I wouldn't buy before renting anywhere in Florida unless I was totally sure what I wanted. But here's a couple RANDOM examples for your reference in those areas. There are alot of possibilities around here. For upscale, when looking at Avondale just stay sort of in the middle to the east in 32205 (closer to the river not where the map says Roosevelt with highways or west of it which is actually more Murray Hill with an Avondale zip).

Don't forget your HOA fees which might be hefty in this highrise:

400 E Bay Berkman Plaza downtown, gorgeous building and view asking 140K Concierge and security Would totally be my first choice. BUT there's not a ton of things to do downtown at first glance.

400 East Bay Street #104, Jacksonville FL - Trulia

This property is quiet, safe, a block from the river, affordable and nothing annoying goes on here. It's in the middle of Avondale/Riverside. I don't think there's a pool so just an example Asking 85K:

Jacksonville Condos For Sale, Condominiums & Apartments For Sale - Zillow

Closer to the stores and restaurants in Avondale, asking 139K

Jacksonville Condos For Sale, Condominiums & Apartments For Sale - Zillow

San Marco Alexandria Condos NOT gated, no real security but it's on the river with RIVER VIEW balcony asking 140K

1534 Palm AVE, JACKSONVILLE, FL 32207

Remember ASKING is just ASKING. You can see actual prices of what sold by checking the comps on Trulia.

32202 Recently Sold Properties — Trulia.com

Ignore the condos on Ashley, definitely not what you want.

Last edited by runswithscissors; 07-09-2013 at 07:10 PM..

Old 07-10-2013, 07:17 AM

Thanks so much; seriously appreciate all that gouge!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
View detailed profiles of: