Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2014, 08:30 AM

1,171 posts, read 2,162,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elreflects View Post
st johns county has the best school district in the state forget Jacksonville traffic is nightmare black white racial setting of the 70's
Quote:
Originally Posted by elreflects View Post
go to nocatee new schools going in all age kids believe me this is your choice I am not a realtor . St Johns county has the best school district in the state.. I am not a teacher
Jacksonville is like the racial tension and riots of the 70's. Backwards in that regard
You need to go to Internet school... followed by grammar school, political correctness school, and how to be a troll school, you're flailing here!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2014, 03:02 PM

14,617 posts, read 21,499,710 times
I also thought that at first blush about elreflects when he/she first popped up here. But - apart from the lapses in grammar - all he/she is saying is what a lot of people here think. Robyn

Old 06-23-2014, 11:43 AM

164 posts, read 227,903 times
We just moved from MN to Durbin. Kids going to the new K-8 next year. Definitely like the community feel, amenities, and location (not too close, not too far - about 20 minutes to most shopping on the southside of Jacksonville).

I cannot speak for Nocatee at all, only drove through it once but I imagine it is quite nice too. You can find some nice homes in Durbin from 270s up depending on what you are looking for. Also a few lots left available if I recall.

The St. Johns district staff and faculty have been great while making a transition 2 months before the end of the school year. If you have concerns, give them a call, they are more than happy to answer all of the questions you may have.

@SaintCabbage - LOL - agree completely.

Old 06-23-2014, 01:47 PM

190 posts, read 315,980 times
If you have school aged kids (I don't) choose St Johns County,
don't even think of Duval county as far as Public schools go.

Old 06-27-2014, 08:40 AM

145 posts, read 224,999 times
As far as short term rentals, they are indeed hard to find. We even tried VRBO and b/c random weeks were already rented out, it was hard to find a 3 month block. Plus, you need the block to show at johns school district a rental contract so you can get the kids enrolled. Eventually we ended up finding a rental through Stockton realty. No cheap, but fully furnished.

Good luck!

Old 06-27-2014, 09:01 AM

1,675 posts, read 2,790,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmtSF View Post
As far as short term rentals, they are indeed hard to find. We even tried VRBO and b/c random weeks were already rented out, it was hard to find a 3 month block. Plus, you need the block to show at johns school district a rental contract so you can get the kids enrolled. Eventually we ended up finding a rental through Stockton realty. No cheap, but fully furnished.

Good luck!

Hi! We are doing the same thing. I just got back from vacation and haven't done the school enrollment yet (waiting for some papers on both ends). But just curious, was a 3month block enough for school registration? (We will have a 7-month rental). Did you need any other paperwork (e.g., utilities)? Also, do you have to register in person, or can it be done from afar by faxing the documents?

Thanks!

Old 06-27-2014, 02:12 PM

164 posts, read 227,903 times
I believe you have to finalize registration in person so they can verify your documents. You may be able to send some documents in ahead of time.

The registration information can be found here: St. Johns County School District - School Enrollment

"Three proofs of residency must be provided such as a current mortgage statement, lease or rent agreement and two other forms of residence documentation such as a current electric bill, car registration and/or driver's license."

Old 06-27-2014, 02:49 PM

60 posts, read 105,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snuffybear View Post
Hi! We are doing the same thing. I just got back from vacation and haven't done the school enrollment yet (waiting for some papers on both ends). But just curious, was a 3month block enough for school registration? (We will have a 7-month rental). Did you need any other paperwork (e.g., utilities)? Also, do you have to register in person, or can it be done from afar by faxing the documents?

Thanks!
I believe you have to register in person. I registered my kids at two different schools in St. Johns county. Both schools required original birth certificates. Also, you will need utility bills along with the lease agreement. You may want to check the school website for details. Different schools seem to have slightly different requirements. Also, they require immunization forms signed by a doctor in Florida. If you have any questions, contact the school directly. They are usually very helpful. Good luck.

Old 06-27-2014, 03:35 PM

22 posts, read 25,637 times
The health department will transfer immunization records to the correct form. They have certain days/hours that they do this. Our son had just been for his physical right before we moved, so this way was easier and quicker for us since we moved during the school year.

As long as the dates of the lease run when they would be enrolled in school, it should be fine. We registered in person, but they did say that some things could be sent ahead. If I recall correctly, I needed to have a Fl dl or ID to register him. It seems like they required it or I would not have rushed to get it the first day we were here, especially since it has our temporary address.

Old 06-27-2014, 05:08 PM

1,675 posts, read 2,790,958 times
Thanks everyone. I had a feeling it had to be in person. I did contact the school in May, I have an email with a list of some requirements. Have to go thru it in detail and ensure we have everything to bring down.

Thanks for the health department tip.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville