Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2015, 08:42 AM

2 posts, read 2,583 times

Advertisements

My wife and I are contemplating the possibility of relocating to St. Johns County from New York, I read lots of postings and doing a lot of research on my own, Its clear that this is one of the best areas in Florida for Education for our two boys ages 8 & 6. I also know there is a lot of new properties being built. The one thing that sticks out is all of the outdoor activities and great school ratings in Durban Crossing. This without question is a big move for my family and one that is weighing heavily on our minds. We have family further south in Florida and would be alone not knowing anyone in this new community. We are noticing foreclosures in the area and a lot of new homes being built in the area is this a warning sign? We have spoke to a few builders and plan on coming down for a few Days without the children. We are looking for some input from people who live in Durban Crossing, how long you have lived there, and your are experiences so far! Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Last edited by TommyC63; 06-01-2015 at 09:40 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2015, 09:01 AM

9,398 posts, read 8,363,704 times
We live in Durbin and are very happy with the neighborhood. I have seen very few foreclosures - quite the opposite, actually. They are still building although it seems now most of the larger 4/5 bedroom homes have been built already and now the focus is on the much smaller homes directly across from the local school (Patriot Oaks Academy) and some townhomes as well.

I really don't have anything negative to say about our neighborhood other than the rec center here is terribly small for a community of this size. Otherwise, it's all good. Friendly neighbors, everyone seems to take care of their house and lawn, very family friendly (kids are everywhere), close to South Jax/Mandarin....I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

BTW it's "Durbin Crossing" not "Durban Crossing".

Old 06-01-2015, 10:21 AM

1,171 posts, read 2,161,211 times
I agree with everything Florida2014 said. We've lived in Durbin for 3.5 years, no complaints. The foreclosures you see in the surrounding areas are likely in Bartram, which is in Duval county, where no one with kids wants to live. I'm probably overstating it, but the Bartram Springs neighborhood failed pretty miserably when the house market died, and never recovered because young families with kids all want to be in St. Johns county.

The area is exploding with new growth, you wont be disappointed. There are very few new builds left in Durbin, but a lot of new neighborhoods are cropping up to choose from.

Old 06-01-2015, 01:51 PM

164 posts, read 227,802 times
There are a few lots back near us still available (literally 3 by last count) all from Providence Homes. Though, I just put up signs that said No More New Yorkers!

Agree with previous posters. We've been here a year and no complaints. We know all of the neighbors that live within a block or two of us and some in other areas of Durbin as well.

Old 06-01-2015, 04:49 PM

2 posts, read 2,583 times
Thank you everyone for your input we were hoping to build new but may have to buy previously owned. As for Ruger20 we will be looking on your block! lol

Old 06-02-2015, 09:21 AM

164 posts, read 227,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyC63 View Post
Thank you everyone for your input we were hoping to build new but may have to buy previously owned. As for Ruger20 we will be looking on your block! lol
LOL - Yeah providence has 2 Lots available on Tollerton Ave and 1 Lot available on South Torwood Drive. Good luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville