Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2018, 07:09 AM

4 posts, read 5,068 times

Advertisements

I am moving to Jacksonville in June and currently working on looking at safe areas to live. My boyfriend moved down in December to Orange Park, but I am not a fan of the area and it is pretty far from the beach. With that said, I have been checking out the common areas of Jax Beach, Neptune Beach, Point Vedra, and Atlantic Beach. They all seem like great areas for a young couple with no kids, but prices out that way, as expected, are very high for a 2bd/2br. I have been looking on Jacksonville Sheriff crime map and seems that anything east of San Pablo Road is a safe area. However, my boyfriend stated that some of his classmates told him that Deerfield was an okay area to live in. I would appreciate information on Deerfield area to see if it is good for a young couple with no kids and a dog or to stay closer to the water. Any other areas that may be a good option and/or apartments that are good to check out in a safe area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2018, 01:32 PM

6,424 posts, read 4,917,410 times
There is Deercreek CC and Deerwood CC but I don't know of a Deerfield. Could you be a little more specific?

Old 03-27-2018, 04:04 PM

4 posts, read 5,068 times
Sorry, I do not know why Deerfield was in my head, but I meant Deerwood as the area.

Old 03-27-2018, 07:20 PM

6,424 posts, read 4,917,410 times
Deerwood is an area as well as a Country Club. We looked at it and it did not appeal to us at all. The houses are mostly really old and in need of updating. The Deerwood area is directly South of our awesome super regional shopping center which is getting more congested by the day. What is your budget for a home?

Old 03-30-2018, 03:14 PM

96 posts, read 135,193 times
The area of San Pablo is pretty quiet and crime free while being close to everything - and the beaches, too. There are plenty of condo rentals nearby as well as house rentals. One of the best rentals that i know of is The Registry on Hodges. Well kept and safe with views of the golf course. We lived there for a year before buying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville