Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 08:42 PM

472 posts, read 1,544,758 times

Advertisements

Saks Fifth Avenue Off Fifth + 50 other new stores to open November 2008 at the Prime1 Outlets. This is a major win for our metro. Hopefully we will see more development like this take place in the near future. Fingers crossed for a Neiman Marcus Last Call and a Nordstrom Rack. Loehmann's coming is already a topper on my list!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2008, 09:24 PM

71 posts, read 287,866 times
Where are the Prime 1 outlets?

Old 03-28-2008, 10:08 PM

8,200 posts, read 35,465,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ck123 View Post
Where are the Prime 1 outlets?
Is it the one in St. Aug?

The sign in the first picture says "50 new stores", I wonder what else is coming....any ideas Gradco?

Old 03-28-2008, 10:38 PM

472 posts, read 1,544,758 times
It is in St. Aug.

-River, I am at a loss for ideas. I assume it will be a more upscale tenant list given the Saks. Think the Gaylord Outlet in Orlando, i.e. Kenneth Cole, F C U K, Burberry, etc... nothing too hoity-toity.

Old 03-29-2008, 12:31 AM

8,200 posts, read 35,465,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gradco2004 View Post
It is in St. Aug.

-River, I am at a loss for ideas. I assume it will be a more upscale tenant list given the Saks. Think the Gaylord Outlet in Orlando, i.e. Kenneth Cole, F C U K, Burberry, etc... nothing too hoity-toity.
One of those Orlando outlets was really nice with a Tod's and L'Occitane.....I'd love to see some of the discounted upscale like that here in Jax.

Old 03-29-2008, 06:44 AM

1,658 posts, read 4,737,128 times
All you folks in St. Augustine, all you patient pioneers in WGV who long endured the shame of not having your own upscale shopping ... you can now walk proud, your day is at hand.

Old 03-29-2008, 10:27 AM
CBB

481 posts, read 2,242,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riveree View Post
One of those Orlando outlets was really nice with a Tod's and L'Occitane.....I'd love to see some of the discounted upscale like that here in Jax.
We were in Orlando in January and I was asking DH to drive to the Prime Outlet because of Tod's - only to find out that the store is no longer there.

Old 03-29-2008, 06:06 PM

236 posts, read 1,085,914 times
Why accept the blems? That's not upscale shopping, it's upscale dumpster diving. Did you ever notice that the outlet malls are in tourist type areas while the real stores are in areas where people will be repeat customers. The outlet malls want to sell you the rejects and let you go on your merry way so that when those shoes split, you are 1,000 miles away and you can't use a store credit.

Sorry, I might not have much, but what I have is the real thing.

Old 03-29-2008, 07:28 PM

2,689 posts, read 3,968,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WitchDoctor View Post
Why accept the blems? That's not upscale shopping, it's upscale dumpster diving. Did you ever notice that the outlet malls are in tourist type areas while the real stores are in areas where people will be repeat customers. The outlet malls want to sell you the rejects and let you go on your merry way so that when those shoes split, you are 1,000 miles away and you can't use a store credit.

that's semi true, the whole outlet thing has turned into a scam, cheap goods are made to be sold in these so called outlets, which use the quality name to peddle cheaper goods and every once in a blue moon you might find a high quality true overstock

Old 03-30-2008, 01:06 PM

1,658 posts, read 4,737,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WitchDoctor View Post

Well in general you may be right, but in the case of St. Augustine the Prime Outlet mall we are referring to is not in the tourist section of town. And the only other outlet mall that I have shopped at is in Woodbury, NY which is far from being a tourist town.

But I will say that outlet malls want you to believe that you are buying stuff directly from their factories at a bargain bypassing all the rental overhead associated with their main stores, while in the meantime they are pushing ordinary or even mediocre products left over in inventory. There are exceptions like Waterford Wedgewood at the St. Augustine location where hardly any piece is going to be cheap or inferior.

Yes, the outlet malls everywhere have their share of cheap stores but I think that shoppers today are smart enough to know that a pair of shoes from a store named Payless or Paylittle is going to split sooner or later.

Anyway, IMO Saks and the other big names will soon bring some higher scale shopping to St. Augustine. We'll see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville