Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2022, 12:47 PM

264 posts, read 338,583 times

Advertisements

I've searched the forum and found a couple older (2016, 2017) threads about pool builders for SJC and have emailed 1 to see if they work in Flagler also. I've contacted 4 different pool builders local to Palm Coast and have had no luck with any of them. One wanted us to sign a contract with a clause that said WE have to pay more if the construction of the pool fell behind. The owner of that company is facing jail for DUI, so I'm very happy we didn't sign the contract.

Another company told us what they would build, not what WE wanted or where we wanted, so no thanks buddy.

The third company sent a person to check out the back yard and my DH explained to the young lady exactly what he wanted and where. She sent designs that were SORT OF what we wanted, but when we called to ask them to revise one thing we didn't like, they never got back with us.

The fourth company never showed up to the appointment to see the yard and then claimed they never had made the appointment.

So, we are out of local options. I've emailed Premiere Outdoor to see if they work our area, Innovative's website says SJC and Duval only, and Tropical Retreat Pools doesn't even have a website. Are there any others I should reach out to?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2022, 07:54 PM

103 posts, read 139,811 times
Have you contacted Agua/Builder’s Source?
They were slow to start (from signed contract to breaking ground aprox 5 mos) but once they started, completed in 3.5 months. Very little outsourcing. This was 2021. Offices in volusia and St. John’s. It wasn’t a perfect experience, very few are, but overall satisfied with final product.

Old 08-15-2022, 05:20 AM

227 posts, read 856,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy3n8 View Post
I've searched the forum and found a couple older (2016, 2017) threads about pool builders for SJC and have emailed 1 to see if they work in Flagler also. I've contacted 4 different pool builders local to Palm Coast and have had no luck with any of them. One wanted us to sign a contract with a clause that said WE have to pay more if the construction of the pool fell behind. The owner of that company is facing jail for DUI, so I'm very happy we didn't sign the contract.

Another company told us what they would build, not what WE wanted or where we wanted, so no thanks buddy.

The third company sent a person to check out the back yard and my DH explained to the young lady exactly what he wanted and where. She sent designs that were SORT OF what we wanted, but when we called to ask them to revise one thing we didn't like, they never got back with us.

The fourth company never showed up to the appointment to see the yard and then claimed they never had made the appointment.

So, we are out of local options. I've emailed Premiere Outdoor to see if they work our area, Innovative's website says SJC and Duval only, and Tropical Retreat Pools doesn't even have a website. Are there any others I should reach out to?

Thanks.
Try Waldhauer & Son, Inc. No personal experience. They've been around PC for many years and have built many homes & pools. Hope you find the right builder.

Old 08-15-2022, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunlover23 View Post
Have you contacted Agua/Builder’s Source?
They were slow to start (from signed contract to breaking ground aprox 5 mos) but once they started, completed in 3.5 months. Very little outsourcing. This was 2021. Offices in volusia and St. John’s. It wasn’t a perfect experience, very few are, but overall satisfied with final product.

Thanks. There is an Agua in PC that is the company that we looked into and read the contract, and now the owner is going to jail for DUI and domestic assault. Is this one a different company?

Old 08-15-2022, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueridgerider View Post
Try Waldhauer & Son, Inc. No personal experience. They've been around PC for many years and have built many homes & pools. Hope you find the right builder.

Thank you, I will look into them!

Old 08-16-2022, 05:37 AM

Not sure how the comments work, but to the person who said it was a weird time to build - we aren't yet. We have another 15 months before we move to the house full time and we won't be building until then. But we had such bad experiences with the pool builders we spoke to earlier this year and they all said they had a 12-24 month waiting list, I thought we'd need to get on someone's radar now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville