Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2008, 09:22 PM

150 posts, read 577,341 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know of a place where I could have a wedding reception? I am looking for something that meets the following criteria:

1) Not too expensive- less than $2,000 to rent out (including tables and chairs)
1a) has tables and chairs at the site (banquet tables are fine, I'm not picky)

2) Can fit approximately 125 people

3) Will let me bring my own caterers (Sonny's BBQ- I know, I'm cheap)

4) Will let me serve alchohol, or hire some bartenders to serve alchohol at the location

I don't care if the location isn't the epitome of chic, I just want my whole family to be able to fit, and for me to be able to afford it comfortably.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2008, 04:37 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,126,024 times
lightheaded1der
what part of town are you looking to have the wedding

Old 07-17-2008, 09:35 AM

150 posts, read 577,341 times
Doesn't matter. I am not partial to beach weddings, just because they are kind of cliche here and I have been to more than a few that were too noisy to hear the vows.... Anyway, location is all up in the air for ceremony and reception, I am just finding a bit harder to have an affordable reception.

Old 07-17-2008, 10:28 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,126,024 times
ok this is info from a few years ago when I use to DJ weddings so I don't know how up to date it is
one wedding I did was at the arlington womans club off of university
they had around 150 people it was a really nice size space they could of fit more
they also had a separate raised stage which made it nice for the DJ

they brought in their own caterer & liquor
I think I remember seeing a closet with tables & chairs

another place that was nice was on mayport base the banquet facilitates looked over the ocean I have no idea if you can provide your own food & liquor or if you have to know someone in the military to use the space
I do know the bride & groom said it was not expensive at all

now over in the orange park area there is the fleet reserve I have DJ'd quite a few weddings there

another idea would be to check some of the local VFW halls

let me tell you the "funnest" weddings in 20 years I DJ'd were the ones at the regular places not the fancy schamcy places
It is almost as if the fancier the place the more afraid the guests were to have fun

Old 07-17-2008, 08:57 PM

8,200 posts, read 35,465,931 times
Check the lighthouse in St. Augustine.

They have a beautiful room upstairs in the front house - high ceilings, wood floors, a big open space (often used as a gallery). It's historic and your guests would have access to the gardens and they can walk to the water.

Unless something has changed, you can arrange all the details yourself (catering, etc.) and just rent the space.

Old 07-23-2008, 11:56 AM

286 posts, read 1,232,296 times
Default Hannah Park

I had my reception at Hannah Park's Dolphin Cove area - you can't serve alchohol - but everything else you can do. It was beautful, cheap (I think we paid $500!) and everyone had a great time. Plus, it's right on the ocean. The book up pretty fast, so you might want to call.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville