Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2009, 10:52 PM

13 posts, read 24,805 times

Advertisements

Hi all! I just moved to Jacksonville, and am new to city-data. My husband and I are outside the city right now but are interested in moving to the southside of the city (near San Jose Blvd or something near) and I am wondering what salons are the busiest/nicest? I am a hair designer. I don't have to be at the most expensive salon but am interested in making decent money. Any suggestions? I am also looking for a neighborhood close to 295 (as my husband works outside jax). The most important factor to me is that it's a safe neighborhood preferably one we can grow into.

We looked into Orange Park as well, but it seems really congested. Am I right about this or is it only in certain areas?

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2009, 12:10 AM

200 posts, read 619,284 times
Orange Park is congested, but many people prefer it..I hear that alot of the hair stylist make $$ here. y friend used to work for Belle Mici off of Baymeadows and Phillips Hwy. You can also try out Beauty House, but its newer and would probably be better for an established dresser but worth a shot. My friend also had luck off of Craigslist believe it or not..Good luck to you! I'm sure you won't have any problems finding a job in Jax..

Old 06-29-2009, 12:12 AM

13 posts, read 24,805 times
Thank you so much!

Old 06-30-2009, 08:44 PM

8,200 posts, read 35,462,852 times
You might want to look into:

Bella
on San Jose Blvd in Mandarin

Rio
now in Tapestry Park, a new live/work destination

My stylist, Tiffany Griffin, has at one point or another worked at the above salons and they are very nice. They are the right mix of cool and casual with no pretension. Tiffany now has her own private salon in the Baymeadows area and you might want to consider renting out your own studio there (it's fully furnished and everything...it's an interesting set-up):

Mosaic Salon Studios
8613 Old Kings Rd #200
Jacksonville FL 32217
Mosaic Salon Studios - Home

You can also find a bunch of salons located inside of the Avenues Mall. From hair salons to nail salons to teeth whitening places, this mall has a lot of salons. There's even one in the back of Trade Secret (beauty supply store).

Hope that helps .

Old 07-02-2009, 04:35 PM

114 posts, read 327,966 times
Mosiac is such a cool place...I have never seen anything like it. I am now addicted to all the services....in fact I am heading there tomorrow!

Old 07-02-2009, 08:33 PM

432 posts, read 1,309,856 times
oooh good thread. I'll be there in August and one of my worries is a good stylist! haha.....I had the BEST girl here in hawaii and she moved to maryland. I'll be on the lookout for someone I love....

Old 07-03-2009, 07:53 AM

3,528 posts, read 8,280,641 times
I would suggest two places to work:

1) Casablanca in Avondale & Ulta at the St. Johns Town Center. Both cater to upscale ladies and both make plenty of money. Casablanca has been around for many years and is very well known, Ulta is brand new.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville