Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2009, 02:40 PM

116 posts, read 459,559 times

Advertisements

Which is the best subdivision for the most kids-friendly atmosphere, nice-sized lots, great elementary/middle schools, more diverse community, in WGV?
Which realty company(ies)/realtor(s) would you recommend from your own personal experience?

We're planning on moving very shortly due to job relocation.

thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2009, 05:49 PM

154 posts, read 645,849 times
What is your price range?

Old 12-27-2009, 03:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickP View Post
What is your price range?
$350k max.
And really, we're more concerned about what I originally asked to start this thread.

Thanks.

Old 12-27-2009, 02:31 PM

560 posts, read 2,077,145 times
All will be kid friendly, all will have good schools (I think even the same two), none will be diverse, most will have relatively small lots, especially for something so far away from town. It's a lot of zero-lot-line stuff, although they tend to back up into preservation areas (i.e. swamp).

Old 12-27-2009, 03:27 PM

King & Bear is real nice but there aren't as many kids in there, more empty nesters. Palencia is similar. Murabella & Heritage Landing are next in line IMO with Heritage having perhaps twice as many houses. They attend different Elem Schools but the same MS & HS. After that, Sevilla, The Meadows & Samara Lakes. If kid friendly or sheer amount of kids running around the neighborhood & nice amenites are your main focus I would look at Murabella or Heritage Landing.

Old 12-29-2009, 12:28 PM

250 posts, read 706,653 times
wait i'm confused. i thought world golf village is a subdivision itself. it's not like it's a city or town even. it's just a development with a golf theme. i can't imagine many children living there. so i'm kind of confused of the question. btw we used to go down there about once or twice a year for the IMAX. it's looks like a dead area. i think the developers thought it would be bigger than what it turned out to be.

Old 12-30-2009, 06:14 AM

131 posts, read 621,772 times
Many smaller subdivisions make up the bigger development of WGV. Turnberry gets rave reviews and if you do have kids Heritage Landing. Lots of kids live down here. The area is far from dead at this point, and the commercial side of things will really be booming when the rest of the market returns.

Old 12-30-2009, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmileDoc View Post
Many smaller subdivisions make up the bigger development of WGV. Turnberry gets rave reviews and if you do have kids Heritage Landing. Lots of kids live down here. The area is far from dead at this point, and the commercial side of things will really be booming when the rest of the market returns.
Are the lots bigger in Heritage Landing?
We do not want that zero-lot (reach out & touch your neighbor) feeling in cookie-cutters.

Old 12-30-2009, 01:16 PM

2,560 posts, read 6,503,839 times
Most of the newer subdivisions in our area maximize the home size on the lots, so they can squeeze more lots into the community. A lot of the setbacks from the house to the side of the lot are between 7.5-10ft. The exception to this would be some "estate-sized" lots with custom homes. As far as I know, Heritage Landing has mostly minimum setbacks, but not any true "zero lot line" houses.

Old 12-31-2009, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashelter View Post
Are the lots bigger in Heritage Landing?
We do not want that zero-lot (reach out & touch your neighbor) feeling in cookie-cutters.
All of the newer subdivisions which have the most young kids running around (Heritage, Murabella, Sevilla) are going to be cookie cutter type homes and the price you want to spend typcially determines the lot size. Like 65', 75', 85', etc. Some of the sections inside King & Bear have much nicer lots, established trees and a more variety of homes from probably $250k - $1m+ but much less young kids and the swimming pool area is not quite as nice. Have you visited the area? There is also a brand new Publix shopping area that opened in 2009. Many of the retail & restaurants in the WGV complex itself have struggled over the years but the IMAX, WG Hall of Fame, PGA Pro Shop & Golf Courses continue to strive. The area still continues to grow. If you want to be in St. Johns County you could also look at the Julington Creek area down to CR 210. There are much more older and newer subdivisions to choose from an exit or two north of WGV. Good Luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville