Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 06:00 PM

8,200 posts, read 35,446,971 times

Advertisements

I'm wondering if anyone has had any experience with the new Ashley furniture store at the Saint Johns Town Center?

They always seem to have some sort of sale going on, but I'm wondering if the salespeople have the ability to discount beyond that or throw any extras in (maybe toss in free delivery or something)?

There's a piece of furniture I'm considering, and if I knew they had a bit more flexibility on the price, I'd probably just buy it from them instead of price-shopping around.

Anyone bought anything there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2007, 08:18 PM

62 posts, read 376,563 times
I have purchased quite a few things from Ashley over the years (both in California and Florida) and have always been pleased with the overall value received. And yes, the salespeople can make you better deal than the listed price - I have even been able to purchase below the supposed "sale" price.

Old 05-31-2007, 10:38 PM

Default Perfect!

Thanks Fodder! That's what I was hoping for !

I'm glad to hear you liked them enough to go back and buy again.

Old 06-01-2007, 04:31 PM

2 posts, read 12,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riveree View Post
I'm wondering if anyone has had any experience with the new Ashley furniture store at the Saint Johns Town Center?

They always seem to have some sort of sale going on, but I'm wondering if the salespeople have the ability to discount beyond that or throw any extras in (maybe toss in free delivery or something)?

There's a piece of furniture I'm considering, and if I knew they had a bit more flexibility on the price, I'd probably just buy it from them instead of price-shopping around.

Anyone bought anything there?
My son & his fiance bought living room tables from them a few months back the only thing is if you pick it up yourself that there is a certain time of the day that their warehouse is open and you have to have it picked up by that certain date or they send it back.

Old 06-01-2007, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allycat12 View Post
My son & his fiance bought living room tables from them a few months back the only thing is if you pick it up yourself that there is a certain time of the day that their warehouse is open and you have to have it picked up by that certain date or they send it back.
Thanks Allycat, good to know. They told me that if I pick up myself, then for any possible repairs during the manufacturers warranty, I'd have to bring the piece in to them.....so I'll probably go for the shipping.

I'm getting closer to a decision.

I checked out Haverty's Outlet today - they are closing in August so everything is 70% off right now - but it's still kind of pricey and everything is final sale as is. Ashley's stuff is the same price as the outlet but brand new with warranty (and really, the quality looks the same), so I'm leaning towards them.

What I really need is a furniture store by 'Kong' - you know, the ones who make indestructible dog toys? I need furniture that is indestructible to dogs !

Old 06-03-2007, 10:17 PM

246 posts, read 1,018,674 times
I bought a Ashley sofa, but I purchased it at FOS. The guy reduced it to include the shipping and tax. Don't use it that much as it is in the living room and we mostly use FR, but still looks great after about 1 1/2. IMO it is not furniture that is going to be with you forever, but I like to change things every ten years or so.

Old 06-04-2007, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-50 View Post
IMO it is not furniture that is going to be with you forever
This is the feeling I had as well. I thought it would be okay, but I took the husband there this weekend and it was a no-go. He did not like anything there .

We ended up at Scan Design and found just what we were looking for. A lot of their pieces are Danish made (like IKEA, but better quality), so they should hold up really well.

I appreciate the input, I wasn't familiar with Ashley, so the feedback helped a lot .

Old 02-13-2009, 04:36 AM

2,679 posts, read 11,731,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fodder View Post
I have even been able to purchase below the supposed "sale" price.

I wish I read that before I dropped a load of money to get a kitchen set and bedroom set, when I first moved here. No wonder the saleswoman looked so happy.

Old 02-13-2009, 01:28 PM

414 posts, read 1,862,108 times
I bought living room furniture last year. They did seem to always have a sale running, but the salesman was able to give us an additional 15% discount. We picked up the furniture ourselves from the warehouse and saved ourselves $150. We've had the furniture almost a year, and our crazy dogs have yet to destroy it so I'm thinking we made a good purchase. I will say one thing, my husband and I went back multiple times to get a salesperson we liked. Some of those people were very obnoxious and I didn't want to give them the commission!

Old 02-14-2009, 09:35 AM

18 posts, read 56,756 times
If you ever find furniture by "kong" let me know I need some not just for the dogs but for my kids too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville