Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 09:47 PM

622 posts, read 1,665,486 times

Advertisements

^ YOURE AWESOME!!! ahahahhahaha thats great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2010, 07:09 AM

8,952 posts, read 20,372,776 times
Yes, if (big word "if") some parents would take a stand about how their kids look when out in public, we definitely have some problems solved!

Old 04-01-2010, 08:24 AM

432 posts, read 1,309,593 times
not a fan of this either.

my son's school bans the saggy pants. if they have overly saggy pants and wear them to school the school will check for a belt and if there is no belt, they will provide them with a belt. according to my 14 year old they are very ugly and once you are given a school belt you have to tuck your shirt in as well.

I don't buy him those pants that sag.....but he still pulls his levi's as low as he can (not with underwear hanging out) to look baggy I guess. we tell him to hike them up and use his belt. he's pretty good about it when he's around us, but I am sure he pulls them as low as possible when he's not around us. I am sure alot of the kids out here with the overly baggy pants do the same.......well some.

Old 04-02-2010, 11:36 AM

859 posts, read 3,617,895 times
The Associated Press: NY politician takes up cause: Sagging pants

Recent news that's related to this issue.

Old 04-02-2010, 05:04 PM

118 posts, read 408,688 times
Ya know, I hate the look as much as the next person, but come on... a law to ban it? I don't want my tax money wasted on this or any other restriction that limits anyones freedom. Just look away and laugh and remember all the stupid things and different styles that have come and gone.

Old 04-03-2010, 10:07 AM

5,185 posts, read 7,567,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensei Han View Post
It really should be considered indecent exposure
lol

Old 04-03-2010, 10:21 AM

5,185 posts, read 7,567,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
All of this looks of baggy pants/tattoos today sure makes me glad that I was raised on a farm back in the 60's! Don't see this "look" on teens on farms/ranches today. Thank Heaven! Been to plenty of youth horse shows and rodeos......none of this look. But, have to admit, don't see this "look" with every teen in the inner-city! Some don't like it and don't do it.
Im not a big fan of the tattoo thing myself, but they can be covered when needed. Bagging jeans at a rodeo?? Those guys wear tight jeans for a reason.

Old 04-04-2010, 04:26 AM

301 posts, read 1,546,979 times
Its called self respect which is instilled into the teenagers head of mush.Before becoming a teenager.And then they with some common sence to pull the pants up.And ALSO have the correct size on(parents).Yes they do look like thugs.The ones seen on TV and listen to.I'm no fan but look at P diddy what ever he goes by.He dress like a man on a mission to make something of himself.Tatoo's are for ever.I don't have on at 50.But if I would ever(a very cold day) it would be a job killer for sure.

Old 04-04-2010, 07:11 AM

9,367 posts, read 25,212,237 times
Saw this at a local hardware store yesterday and had to share it with you all-
Attached Thumbnails
Jacksonville youth sagging their pants.-april2010a-009.jpg  

Old 04-04-2010, 10:07 AM

1,255 posts, read 3,488,188 times
I cant believe you guys are talking about this like its some kind of major problem. ALL teenagers rebel in some way, its just part of being a teen & breaking from the norm to find individuality. You did it, your parents did it, etc. And if you say you didnt, then you're a liar. Whether its saggy pants of today, or growing your hair long in the 60s, or wearing mini skirts, or unkempt facial hair, tattoos, etc.

The point is, today's youth is no different than your generation was, so stop acting like old fogies & quit judging a book by its cover. Never do that, because more times than not, your assumptions are wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville