Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2007, 06:59 AM
eht eht started this thread

6 posts, read 19,984 times

Advertisements

Hi,
I have been searching on line for a one bedroom apartment in Jacksonville...budget 750...looking for quiet, safe environment. Can anyone tell me about the Springs at Orange Park, its reputation, and its proximity to the UNF where I want to take some course???

Thanks,
EHT
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2007, 08:23 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,122,669 times
the Springs apts are off of collins rd in Orange park , UNF is on the Southside so you have to go across the Buckman Bridge. It is about 20 miles to UNF. Traffic going over the Bridge is very heavy from about 6:30 am till 8:30 am.
Where will you be working? Thats one thing to keep in mind if you will be both working and taking classes.

karla

Old 06-10-2007, 09:39 AM

Default spring at orange park

Hi...
Thanks for the speedy reply....I have a job lined up on Toledo Road....I think that is on the other side of the river from the springs apartments. I don't mind traffic; what I really want is a clean, safe environment. Any apartment suggestions on the other side of the Bridge? According to apartment ratings.com....the springs rates highly.

EHT

Old 06-10-2007, 01:24 PM

17,833 posts, read 33,122,669 times
Toledo rd is off od San Jose (rt 13) it is the first exit after the bridge. that will reduce you travel time a bit.
If possible can visit to check out the areas ?
If you go to google and put in Toledo rd jacksonville fl it will give you a map of the area. You can then zoom in and out to see where San Jose croses with 295
karla

Old 06-10-2007, 02:32 PM

THANK YOU.....I will take your advice. Do you know anything about the Apartment complex The SPrings at Orange Park? What is the area like????

EHT

Old 06-11-2007, 02:43 PM

8,200 posts, read 35,462,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eht View Post
Hi,
I have been searching on line for a one bedroom apartment in Jacksonville...budget 750...looking for quiet, safe environment. Can anyone tell me about the Springs at Orange Park, its reputation, and its proximity to the UNF where I want to take some course???

Thanks,
EHT
If you are only taking a course or two at UNF, then you might not care about the long drive to school from Orange Park. You can use I295/9A to get to school, it would be 30 minutes or so if there were no traffic issues, but Orange Park is notorious for having traffic issues, so your drive could certainly be a bit longer.

Getting to your job on the Southside can be a bit stressful due to the same traffic issues. Most people who live in Orange Park have to commute to Jax for work, so unless you work odd hours, you will be caught up in the mass commute.

Why not live on the other side of the river?

There are a ton of nice, new and newer big apartment complexes right there at UNF. It is a nice, convenient, safe area with everything you could need. You will have the beach, nightlife, St. John's Town Center and everything right at your fingertips - much more than you could find in Orange Park (OP is more family-oriented, it's a bedroom community). Your commute to work would be much easier from the UNF area than from OP as well. The prices for apartments should be comparable as well.

Unless you have a specific need to live in OP (to be near family or something), I would look on the other side of the river.

Old 06-11-2007, 03:13 PM

Question still apartment hunting

Thank you for the info.....do any name of newer apartment complexes near UNF come to mind??? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

eht

Old 06-11-2007, 04:08 PM

8,200 posts, read 35,462,852 times
Hmmm....the names kind of escape me.......I drive past them all the time, but I don't pay a lot of attention to the names.

This might help:

In your search, if you can search by zip:

32224 (this is UNF's zip, some apartments will be in this zip)

32246 (right around the corner from UNF, the zip changes to 32246...lot of apartments here)

If you search by map:

In general, at or east of 9A is best...don't go too far east of 9A because your commute to work will quickly increase if you get too far east.

Look for apartments on Beach Blvd, Atlantic Blvd, Kernan Blvd, Hodges Blvd.....this will target you in to the area around UNF.

I live just up the road from UNF, by the way, lots of young people here, plenty to do, great beach access.

p.s.: There is road construction in the area right now, but it's progressing quickly, so don't let that dissuade you too much.

Old 06-11-2007, 05:25 PM

Once again, Thank you.....your info is very helpful

EHT
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville