Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 12:55 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,569,817 times

Advertisements

Well J. Bailey is out of the race now....so now what, maybe A. Moran? Possibly....who will bring Jax to the next level?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2010, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsu813 View Post
I've had the opprotunity to speak to Audrey Moran a couple times at length, as well as Rick Mullaney recently.

Though Ms. Moran is my clear #1, I'd take either over the block of wood that is Mike Hogan.

Since this a politcal thread, check out this At-Large City Council candidate: Jacksonville Election Candidate Group 5 At-Large City Council Seat

She's had some recent success: Hogan, Rutherford and Rubio win Jacksonville Young Republicans straw poll | jacksonville.com

Straw Poll
District 5 At-Large: Michelle Tappouni - 36, Robin Lumb - 32, Sean Hall - 26, Dane Grey - 20

Also, FYI - The League of Women Voters, Riverside & Avondale Preservation (RAP), and Springfield Preservation And Revitalization (SPAR) will be hosting a major Mayoral forum on March 1st (location to be determined, somewhere downtown).

Mark your calenders....
Mike Hogan seems like Ed Austin 2.....does Jax need more of that?

Old 12-27-2010, 04:33 PM

282 posts, read 634,688 times
Will the next mayor be more of the same or progressive? That is the question. I am still not sure who to vote for.

Old 01-09-2011, 02:12 PM

282 posts, read 634,688 times
Alvin Brown seems to be gaining some steam. Moran seems to want him on her team. Mike Hogan wants Brown to stay in.

Old 01-11-2011, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayMcFly View Post
Alvin Brown seems to be gaining some steam. Moran seems to want him on her team. Mike Hogan wants Brown to stay in.
I just read that story in the TU. I always thought, Alvin Brown was already out of the race. I think the main reason Moran wants him out of the race on her team, is so she can get the BLACK vote. Morans idea makes a lot of sense to me though. Mike Hogan & Mulleny are also rep like Moran is. Not sure exactly why they would want Brown to stay in race, while Moran is still in it. If Jacksonville wants to progress to the next level, bring jobs to the area, getting the civic budget in order & get crime under control in the BLACK COMMUNITY, they cant vote in the next John Peyton.

Old 01-24-2011, 01:56 PM

2,079 posts, read 6,116,604 times
I have made up my mind. There is no question that I am voting for Audrey Moran and throwing as much long distance support for her as I can. She is the most qualified and best candidate to act as CEO of our city for the next 4 years and perhaps beyond. She is well spoken, very personable, has the best support, and the best team (the last being very important to her platform).

Check out this questionnaire from today's Times Union.

Know your Jacksonville mayoral candidate: Audrey Moran | jacksonville.com

All of the candidates except for 2 (that alone is indicative of not being on top of things) answered this fun little interview. 4/5 of the candidates turned a fun interview into one where they made a sermon from the pulpit (Bible = favorite book, mentor = pastor, speaking of Scripture, etc etc). Audrey Moran and to a lesser extent Rick Mullaney answered the questionairre sincerely, honestly, and in a revealing manner so we could get a glimpse into their private lives and who they were as people. Warren Lee and Alvin Brown, the two Democrat black candidates, seem sincere, but they are so obviously hung up on race and social issues, and neither seems very intelligent or ready to lead, imo.

Here is a recent Audrey press conference video. Audrey has clearly campaigned the hardest and is more willing to listen to the people. She also has the best plan and the soundest ideas.

Audrey Moran Press Conference Video | Metro Jacksonville

Here is a take away on 3 of the Republican candidates from someone (a Democrat who I think supports Audrey) who knows them all personally.

On the Candidates: Hogan, Moran and Mullaney. | Metro Jacksonville Forum

Old 01-26-2011, 04:22 PM

Its interesting how people say they want Jacksonville to be a better city, but who the next mayor is gets no interest from the people who live there. I guess the same could be said about the next Sheriff & crime.

Old 01-26-2011, 05:14 PM

2,079 posts, read 6,116,604 times
^^^Very true. One would think this would be an active discussion on this board. I'm not going to tak anyone who wishes Jax were different or more like Y than it it currently is unless they post something on this thread. This is our next mayor we are talking about. I guess nobody actually does care or follows the news or knows anything going on in this city. FTR it's a tight race!

Old 01-29-2011, 03:11 PM

870 posts, read 2,180,394 times
I've been reading this thread. I just haven't made up my mind, but I am leaning towards Moran.

Old 01-29-2011, 06:07 PM

3 posts, read 4,311 times
I just moved to Jax and am interested in the race but know little right now about the candidates. I will be educating myself. I believe Moran and Mullaney are both Republicans and Hogan is a Dem? Is this correct?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville