Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2010, 08:28 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,842,677 times

Advertisements

Well that sounds promising = )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2010, 09:04 PM

1,228 posts, read 3,719,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmine728 View Post
So now I received a call asking me to come in for a background check...
Why do they need to come in for that?

Old 07-19-2010, 10:39 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,842,677 times
fingerprinting?

Old 07-19-2010, 11:58 PM

577 posts, read 1,759,252 times
You have to sign papers saying they can do the background check i believe if they are using it as criteria on whether to hire you.

Old 07-20-2010, 06:05 AM

354 posts, read 712,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmine728 View Post
Hey everyone , it went well, once I saw the manager I remembered him. We were in numerous meetings together a few years ago and spent a lot of time chatting about our past careers. It's a pretty intensive interview process and I passed step one. Next up a phone interview with a company analyst, then another with the district manager, then lastly another interview with the direct manager going through a list of corporate interview questions that include behavioral type questions. So we'll see but I'm happy to have had an interview finally regardless of what happens.

As far as TV dude.... if I want to post my excitement here in a online forum.. it's my choice. And I cant say that it was that exuberant .. it's just that there's so many negative posts around here that anything with a positive note comes off as too much to you. You should concentrate your energy on your own job as having your scheduled adjusted for your tardiness is hardly a positive career move.
You said exactly what I would not have the nerve to say! Reps for that!

Old 07-22-2010, 05:36 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,023,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Getting a interview a step in the right direction but try to tone down your excitement a little and remember it's just a interview. No point in setting yourself up for a disappointment. Good Luck on your interview
Employers want to see employees who are passionate and sincerely desire the position versus those who are just in it for the money. I literally got two job offers out of ONE interview in which I literally turned up the charm 10X. Don't overkill but don't be afraid to let the employer see your excitement and enthusiasm.

Old 07-22-2010, 06:26 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,025,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
Employers want to see employees who are passionate and sincerely desire the position versus those who are just in it for the money. I literally got two job offers out of ONE interview in which I literally turned up the charm 10X. Don't overkill but don't be afraid to let the employer see your excitement and enthusiasm.

I was talking about being excited to HAVE A INTERVIEW not excitement DURING THE INTERVIEW

Old 07-22-2010, 07:04 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,023,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I was talking about being excited to HAVE A INTERVIEW not excitement DURING THE INTERVIEW
Excuse moi! In that case, I see where you are coming from but nevertheless, it is an accomplishment to finally get an interview after a period of no responses so I can certainly understand the OP's excitement. Also, it is good to hear some good news in this forum for a change versus the regular doom and gloom. I find this thread pretty refreshing especially considering how discouraged I was feeling about the whole job hunting thing.

Old 07-23-2010, 06:29 AM

13,005 posts, read 18,911,642 times
We are all waiting to find out how it went. Don't forget to tell us.

Old 07-23-2010, 11:41 AM

577 posts, read 1,759,252 times
Thanks, I'm waiting now, will update when I hear , either way I was stressing a bit thinking it was a lot lower salary because of what I saw on glass door. But the manager talked with me a little about salary and assured me the range was closer to what I used to make which was a pleasant surprise. So hopefully I get an offer in the next week or so...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search