Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2010, 12:02 PM

305 posts, read 1,005,079 times

Advertisements

I went on a dream job interview about 3 weeks ago and the interview was excellent, I was there for 2 hours and I felt like this was a go

The Human Resource person even ran after me in the parking lot to tell me she would be in touch soon

Now I have sent her follow up messages and phone calls with no answer back, until last week, we spoke and I was the job was on hold and that I would speak with you Friday, so today I sent out an email to follow up again no response, now I am feeling like maybe I am being left out there to dry.

I mean if I am your # 1 candiate and I am top on the list, I figure you would at least answer my emails and tell, me something, anything like even the job is still on hold however, we appreaciate your expressed interest please keep in touch.

I am still looking and sending my resume out but this is pretty disappointing

When is too much follow up not good, the office is pretty short staff, so I can understand HR being extermely busy but should I be calling instead of sending out emails, when I spoke with HR last they didnt get my original email come to think of it

I am just so excited at this job, but I dont want to push myself out either or appear too desperate
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2010, 12:26 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,651,314 times
Did they give you any indication what "hold" meant?

I wouldn't contact them again at this point, hopefully you will hear something.

The only thing I would have done different is call not email the HR person at this point. You could have left as message and mentioned in it that the two of you were to talk today.

Let's hope you hear something by the end of the day.

It is frustrating, they could at least contact you and say there is a hold up still or some type of update.

Good luck.

Old 10-03-2010, 12:27 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,042,276 times
I never believed in follow up and felt it's better to make it look like they need you more.

Old 10-03-2010, 04:36 PM

18 posts, read 124,166 times
I assume by Friday, they meant to say that they would get in touch with you on 10/1. It hasn't even been 1 business day. Give them time and don't push it.

Old 10-04-2010, 11:08 AM

1,031 posts, read 2,448,667 times
I would be very concerned with the statement that the position was put on hold. Since there is a chance the woman in H.R. didn't get your emails (you said she didn't get your original email), either call H.R. directly or wait for them to call you. Do not email again. I was in your situation in 2007; I went on a great interview, was told to expect a 2nd interview, then I heard the job was on hold. I never received a follow-up. Last year I found out that the entire company I interviewed with began a hiring freeze, then hundreds were laid off, and the hiring freeze is still in affect today. Give H.R. another 2 weeks to contact you before resigning yourself to the idea that the job may be on hold for a long time. In the meantime, try to get more interviews!

Old 10-11-2010, 08:47 PM

305 posts, read 1,005,079 times
After almost a month of waiting and sending emails, and leaving messages, I finally said I was not going to wait for this company, well today I received a call from another opportunity that seems great, and what happens, this same company calls me back today as well.

So now I have 2 second interviews and two strong possibilities, I cant believe it this always seems to happen to me, but this time I am going to see both through and make the best choice for me if it comes down to it.

Old 10-11-2010, 08:53 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,042,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMISSNY View Post
After almost a month of waiting and sending emails, and leaving messages, I finally said I was not going to wait for this company, well today I received a call from another opportunity that seems great, and what happens, this same company calls me back today as well.

So now I have 2 second interviews and two strong possibilities, I cant believe it this always seems to happen to me, but this time I am going to see both through and make the best choice for me if it comes down to it.

Hopeully you ca get an offer from on of them so you won't have to worry about the other
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search