Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2011, 04:30 PM

12,776 posts, read 14,987,827 times

Advertisements

I anticipate going on an interview sometime in July for a SLPA position (speech-language pathology asst) at a school dist I've been at for a long time as a substitute teacher, but I've subbed for numerous of the SLPs (speech-lang pathologists) & know most of them, so I have my preferences w/ who I'd like to work w/ (since those people will be my immediate bosses.)

Do you think it would be alright if at the end of the interview, I asked if just out of curiosity, if I will have a choice of the SLPs I'd like to work with? (Of course I'll also say that I'm very flexible & will gladly work with anyone.) Leading up to the question, I'll say that I've worked w/ quite a few SLPs & we've built quite a rapprt & know ea other's work styles, etc. I don't think it will hurt to ask.

Also, I'm in grad school now working on being an SLP. I don't know if I should emphasize that on the SLPA interview. If they ask, I'll be honest, but I'm wondering if they'll still want to hire me if they know I'm becoming a full SLP in a few yrs. The district's been short on SLPs for the last over a decade, so when I'm ready to be an SLP, they should gladly be willing to hire me for that too. I would think they'd like it, but you never know. What do you think?

Do any other quesions come to mind that I should ask? I'd greatly appreciate your reply & any other info you can give.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2011, 06:19 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,835,634 times
Don't ask. It can look like there's someone you don't like or that you expect favoritism.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search