Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 11:44 AM

6 posts, read 12,386 times

Advertisements

Guys,

A recruiter found me a job and i went and interviewed with the client and they liked me. after 1 day the recruiting company called me and gave me the good news that the client want me ASAP. they asked me to give the notice to my current employer and that they will call me for the details. they didnt call me for 4 days and when i called back they said that the job is not available anymore. i contacted the client and told them that i will be available in the future if they reopend the job position. they called me back and told me that the job is still available but they didnt agree with the contract that the recruiting company submitted. my question is that can i apply throught the clients website directly and hire me? is it illegal since the recruiter found the job?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2011, 11:47 AM

16,408 posts, read 33,309,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbadarneh View Post
Guys,

A recruiter found me a job and i went and interviewed with the client and they liked me. after 1 day the recruiting company called me and gave me the good news that the client want me ASAP. they asked me to give me notice and that they will call me for the details. they didnt call me for 4 days and when i called back they said that the job is not available anymore. i contacted the client and told them that i will be available in the future if they reopend the job position. they called me back and told me that the job is still available but they didnt agree with the contract that the recruiting company submitted. my question is that can i apply throught the clients website directly and hire me? is it illegal since the recruiter found the job?
Since the recruiter sent you to the client, if the client hires you the recruiter can expect to be paid and can successfully sue the client if the client won't pay them. It sounds like the client doesn't want to deal with/pay the recruiter. If you apply directly, I doubt the client will hire you because of this. Move on and better luck next time!

Old 08-03-2011, 11:53 AM

thank you for the fast reply

the client and the recruiter agreed on a price verbally and when they agreed on the person( myself) the prepared the contract and it was double the price of what they agreed on verbally. so the client didnt even sign any paper with the recruiter. they dont even have an agreement together for staffing. so legally no agreements between both. also the client have the job on monster and my resume is on monster too. if we go through that. it like a direct hire without external parties

Old 08-03-2011, 11:58 AM

Quote:
thank you for the fast reply

the client and the recruiter agreed on a price verbally and when they agreed on the person( myself) the prepared the contract and it was double the price of what they agreed on verbally. so the client didnt even sign any paper with the recruiter. they dont even have an agreement together for staffing. so legally no agreements between both. also the client have the job on monster and my resume is on monster too. if we go through that. it like a direct hire without external parties
What does the client tell you? Are they willing to hire you directly for this open position?

Old 08-03-2011, 12:06 PM

he didnt say that he will. he just said he will ask HR and get back to me. i dont want them to get in trouble for hiring me if i applied directly and wanna see if its legal since the recruiting company didnt update me until i asked. i am asking because this is the second time with this recruiting company and they dont update you they leave you hanging. thank god i didnt submit my notice. the recruiting company did 2 things wrong. first they didnt update me until the 4th day when i called and they knew about it the secind day after the interview. and they did everything verbally and no written agreements to look for candidates

Old 08-03-2011, 12:23 PM

Quote:
he didnt say that he will. he just said he will ask HR and get back to me. i dont want them to get in trouble for hiring me if i applied directly and wanna see if its legal since the recruiting company didnt update me until i asked. i am asking because this is the second time with this recruiting company and they dont update you they leave you hanging. thank god i didnt submit my notice. the recruiting company did 2 things wrong. first they didnt update me until the 4th day when i called and they knew about it the secind day after the interview. and they did everything verbally and no written agreements to look for candidates
That's good! Well, I hope the company can hire you directly! Good luck!

Old 08-03-2011, 12:50 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,642,029 times
Quote:
If you haven't already document everything you have stated here. It could be enough to get the recruiter to back off.

You had to contact them after 4 days to get an answer. When were they going to tell you if you hadn't called? If I was the recruiter I wouldn't want that getting back to headquarters.

Remember they have to report to someone as well.

They dropped the ball, so in order not to look bad they may just back off on this one.

It is a good thing you were smart enough not to give notice.

Old 08-03-2011, 12:54 PM

580 posts, read 2,293,336 times
The recruiter shouldn't have been looking to fill the position unless they have already agreed on a contract. Since they didn't sign a contract, I don't see how the recruiter can expect to be paid.

Old 08-03-2011, 01:36 PM

thanks all for the reply.

i dont think that the recruiter can do anything for 2 reason. first it was his fault not informing me on time and not agreeing on the contract so if you think about it the job is not listed with them at all so they backed off not me. 2nd how would they know that i got the job? if i applied with other people online then how is that illegal since they dont deal with the client anymore!!

Old 08-03-2011, 08:21 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,753,834 times
This is a main reason why many job postings say "No Recruiters". Some recruiters try to blackmail a company into paying them a fee when they were never contracted with them in the first place. This is probably the scenerio that is happening here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search