Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 10:37 AM

4 posts, read 92,956 times

Advertisements

So basically it breaks down like this... Ive lived at address A for 20+ years with my parents... a little while ago, I moved in with my grandparents to address B for a little over a year for specific reasons.. I never changed my license or anything, because I knew Id be moving back into address A with my parents... which is where I am back now.

The background packet asks for all of your residences within the last 10 years (starting with your current address)... this means to me, listing both address A & B... is there any reason I should only list address A, which is the address Ive been at 20+ years?? Thanks for any help....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2011, 10:49 AM

19,855 posts, read 65,802,767 times
List both.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 08-15-2011, 10:58 AM

I should mention, I did obtain a job at a local facility with address B, the grandparents address, as well...

With that information should I list both for sure?

Old 08-15-2011, 01:39 PM

9,144 posts, read 14,753,437 times
If you ever put address B down on a piece of paper somewhere, I would list it, just in case. If you had a job using that address, absolutely positively list it.

Old 08-15-2011, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherifftruman View Post
If you ever put address B down on a piece of paper somewhere, I would list it, just in case. If you had a job using that address, absolutely positively list it.

Thanks... I did obtain a job with address B, this is the ONLY time I have used this address... Never anywhere else. I just never changed my drivers license address, because as stated before, I knew I'd be moving back to address A.

Old 08-15-2011, 02:47 PM

9,238 posts, read 22,886,893 times
if you don't list the address, and it shows up on your background check, the employer will decide you're dishonest and not hire you.

I had a bunch of addresses during college and a few years after, but I always kept my official address at my parent's house until I got an apartment to myself with no roommates. Those other addresses show up on my credit report and in any background check employers have done. I had to get child abuse clearances for a few jobs, and the addresses showed up there too.

If you ever got a single piece of mail at the grandparents' address, it'll show up.

Old 08-15-2011, 05:29 PM

Thanks. Guess I was worried about not having changed my drivers license address..

Old 08-15-2011, 06:37 PM

516 posts, read 1,349,900 times
I went through a background check around 2 and a half months ago. I did request a copy of the results sent to my e-mail and they will check. It goes by your social security number, etc.

They checked 7 years back. Also, some check 10 years. I've been in my house 15 years, but I gave them my previous addresses as well (1991 and prior), just in case. lol

So, to be on the safe side, don't leave anything out.

Good luck to you

Old 12-03-2017, 04:30 PM

4 posts, read 7,874 times
I would like the address to the background check so I can send in my background

Old 12-03-2017, 08:44 PM

12,104 posts, read 23,262,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospective View Post
Thanks. Guess I was worried about not having changed my drivers license address..
You are way over thinking this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search